3D-Modell-Betrachter stopped working.

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Mannerheim

3D-Modell-Betrachter stopped working.

#1 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

Hello.
Today I wanted to make some new objects for my Zusi route and I realized that 3D Betrachter won't open! It was working good earlier, without problems.
Now, when I try to start i get message : "Das Programm ist auf diesem System nicht lizensiert! Zur Lizensierung mussen installiert sein: * Zusi,* Ziegler-Tools". I can only click OK and application shuts down. Ofcourse Zusi is installed, Roland Ziegler-Tools too, in the same directory as earlier, when program was working. A few days ago I've downloaded newest program-updates from Zusi site, maybe that is the reason? No Registry entry for Zusi installation or something? Is there way to fix this? I would appreciate your help.

Sorry for my English, i know it's bad...
Greetings, Matthias.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: 3D-Modell-Betrachter stopped working.

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Do you mean Roland's Objektbetrachter?
That is out of date.

The Zusi-3D-Editor-Demo should do the job. See:
http://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?t=6294

Carsten

Mannerheim

#3 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

Thank you Carsten, I downloaded editor and it works. But after importing .x file in Editor only saving as .ls3 is available in "Landschaft speichern unter..." option. I cannot change file extention to .ls, and i need .ls since these objects are for Zusi2 route. Is it possible to export Zusi2-format object here?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#4 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

So you need a transformation from .x to .ls?

Then you actually need Roland's tool. Sorry, can't help you at the moment. Roland...?

Carsten

Roland Ziegler

#5 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

My viewer was always designated as a temporary tool, as a "proof of concept" for handling .ls files as meshes for a boilerplate-type Direct3D application design. It had its built-in expiry date and was to be replaced with Carsten's proper Zusi 3 (pre-)viewer. So, unfortunately, no relief here. :(

Mannerheim

#6 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

So there is no way to import self-made objects to Zusi2 anymore? No alternative application or something? Without possibility of making new objects for routes... hm ;(

Roland Ziegler

#7 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Mathias, I'm afraid that's the way it is (unless there is another 3rd party tool I'm not aware of). Almost all the development efforts go into Zusi 3 these days. This not only applies to software but includes 3D model creation as well. Nobody should feel discouraged to continue his work on Zusi 2 routes. Zusi 2 is still going strong, offering a great deal of realism in train and network operation. And watching some of the famous routes in action remains absolutely fascinating. At the same time, however, we should look into the next generation of the Zusi train simulation. Zusi 3 will be challenging, asking for a lot more visual realism, and it will take time to produce a reasonably broad base of assets. Wouldn't participation in this be something for you, too?

Falko Philipp

#8 Beitrag von Falko Philipp »

There is a very simple way to use the "Objektbetrachter" anymore.
Set the date in windows back to the December 2007 and it works!

Michael_Oppenauer

#9 Beitrag von Michael_Oppenauer »

Another way could be, to use the build in function of Zusi 2 to show .x files.
http://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989&p=133557

So you can create buildings for Zusi 3 an see the progress while you are driving your line in Zusi 2.

King regards
Michael
In der Hoffnung durch vorhandene Rechtschreibfehler nicht die Diskussion vom eigentlichen Thema abzulenken.

Mannerheim

#10 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

@ Falko Philipp:
Unfortunately that won't work anymore... But it worked earlier. Now, even when I change year I stil get message window.

@ Roland Ziegler:
Yes, I understand that Zusi 3 has the highest priority now, and ofcourse it will be great to participate in process of creating various assets, but I need some practice with textures first, before i can start making models for Zusi 3. But I'm sure that, sooner ol later, I'll create something :)

@ Michael_Oppenauer:
Thanks, I'll check this option. But i'm afraid that it will be hard work without object position preview,
since StreckenEditor can't load .x files...

Thank you all for answers!
Best regards, Matthias.

Antworten