Grüezi

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Rui Fonseca

Grüezi

#1 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Greetings!
Ich heiße Rui und ich komme aus Portugal...
And this is just about all that I know to write in German.
I've joined this forum because of my increased interest in Zusi v3.

I've known zusi 2 for a long time but because of language limitations I never used it a lot. Now, with version 3 beeing translated and MSTS X being canceled, I am sure I am going to use it. Furthermore, I own a Virtual Railroad (CP Virtual) and I am thinking very seriously on making Zusi 3 the main platform for our operations. We currently make some public appearences once or twice a year in Portugal on rail shows, have some activities with the major railway enthusiasts association here (APAC), and also have developed a project for the National Railways (CP) concerning train driver's formation using MSTS has the simulation platform.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Grüezi

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Hello - you can already start modelling 3D-objects like locos, coaches, signals...
That will save a lot of time when Zusi is available.

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#3 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

oh... but they are already modeled :D . We have about 80% of the portuguese rolling stock from the 70's till now modelled, although 35% of that is modeled in Train Sim Modeller, the others are modelled in gmax and 3d canvas. Right now we are starting historical projects of locos and coaches.
Besides of that we have a great amount of scenery (house, signals, bridges, etc tc etc ) made for three routes we already have made.

Now I'm just waiting for the release of V3 to buy it - no question implied about release date ;) - and adapting modeling and texturing techniques to Zusi.
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 12.02.2009 13:12:21, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#4 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

What sort of switches are used in Portugal? Are they similar or equivalent to the German switches?

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#5 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

By what I've seen in photos of german tracks and on screnshots of switches in Zusi3, they are completly similar -> the old ones that would be passed at 30-40 kph and the modern ones for 60 and 100-120 kph.
Even itineray signals are almost the same as far as I can tell from photos and MSTS's german routes - never actually been on germany :O
Only difference we have here and in Spain is track gauge being 1668mm.
In signaling, while aspects are completly diferent, most signalling basic rules are quite similar also!
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 12.02.2009 21:09:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#6 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Okay, you will need a complete set of switches. I am currently working on a switch-generator. That still needs some manual work, but the most difficult calculations are done automatically.

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#7 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

I've seen the screeshots of the gleisplan editor - very happy to see that it is so technical and precise - and I'm wondering how does track laying really work. By providind the editor the track profile it automatically lays a spline sort of track (similar to Railsim for example) or do you have to place track pieces just like in model scale ( like MSTS's Route Editor conventional ),or is it layed like a 'dynamic track' on MSTS Route Editor?

Anyway, we should therefore model our broad gauge track righ?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#8 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The broad gauge track can easily be created, but the switches have to be modelled as 3D-objects.

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#9 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

is it possible to spare some sort of template 3d file? To sort out about hierarchy of parts, namings, animation.....
Or is there online any document about that?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#10 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The "Betrachter" can write and read ls3-Files.
http://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?t=6294

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#11 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Danke shön Carsten!

By the way, would you accept my ofering for translating Zusi for Portuguese laguage?
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 20.02.2009 22:04:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#12 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Yes of course. You will be able to translate everything to any language as soon as the first Zusi 3-version is released.

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#13 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Carsten (or anyother that might give some light on some doubts).

My main modeling tool is 3DS Max4 and Ialready got the plugins for reading dds image files and exporting x files.
Right now my main problems are:
1-finding a suitable dds plugin for Paint Shop Pro 7
2-what settings should I use for exporting x files on 3DS max?

3-About the Zusi 3D-Editor. I am failing to see the functions of the program besides visualization of models....

I apreciate any explanation or link for an explanation on content creation for Zusi. Only have MSTS process has a reference point (3dsconv, tgatools... that sort of thing)

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#14 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

You can use tga-files as well. When importing the x-File into Zusi, Zusi will autmatically convert them into dds-Files.
2-what settings should I use for exporting x files on 3DS max?
Sorry, I don't know 3D-Studio, but if the result in the Zusi-Editor looks fine, everthing should be okay.
3-About the Zusi 3D-Editor. I am failing to see the functions of the program besides visualization of models....
Yes, it's basically for visualization, but you can modify the mesh, add animations, LODs...

There is no documentation in English yet. What sort of content would you like to create?

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#15 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

well, I want to model a track switch for broad gauge, but first, to really get the hang of the process i just wanted to export a simple wagon or a diesel loco that i already made for MSTS.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#16 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I would recommend, not to create switches at the moment, because the full version's editor will have some functions to create the components of switches very easily.

The normal track can simply be defined by a few parameters. So it takes only a few minutes to derive broad gauge from normal gauge.

Carsten

Rui Fonseca

#17 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Ok. Then i'll just try a building or a container. something simple and easy.
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 15.03.2009 22:02:39, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Rui Fonseca

#18 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Ok i think i have to wait for some help in english cause i'm not even able to use the zusi3 editor to open a x file so i dont even know if i am exporting the file right.

by the way... what exactly is the ls3 file extension?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#19 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Just drag+drop the x-File from windows-explorer into the editor.

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 15.03.2009 22:36:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Rui Fonseca

#20 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

what problem can there be with a x file to get a message like .x-Datei nick Geladen (......X) (DXFILEERR_FILENOTFOUND)

Antworten