Simulate a Sifa Pedal Using Driving Wheel Pedals

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
jstange

Simulate a Sifa Pedal Using Driving Wheel Pedals

#1 Beitrag von jstange »

Hi,

so far I've been using xpadder software to simulate a Space keypress whenever a driving wheel pedal is pressed to give me Sifa, but in order to solve a different issue, I'd like to get the same functionality directly from Zusi now. The pedals act as an axis that is in the middle if no pedal is pressed, it moves one way if the left pedal is pressed and the other way if the right pedal is pressed.

So far I've been unsuccessful to use it as Sifa, the best I could achieve was that it reacted once, but further pedal presses had no effect. It is also not entirely clear if I should use the Sifa On/Off, Sifa-Fusspedal or Sufa-Prufmodus in case I am using an axis to control that rather than a button.

Does anybody have any idea how it should be set up with an axis?

Many thanks!

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Simulate a Sifa Pedal Using Driving Wheel Pedals

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

With a joystick you can operate the Sifa by using this settings:

Bild

Carsten

jstange

#3 Beitrag von jstange »

Hi Carsten, many thanks for the advice, but it did not do the trick. I have it configured exactly the way you have it in the screenshot. Frankly even the way I had it before should mean pressing one of the pedals should be OK.

Do I assign the axis as Sifa On/Off or Sifa-Fusspedal?

I tried both and:
1/ Sifa On/Off - the pedal does not react at all
2/ Sifa - Fusspedal - it works perfectly for the first time you use it, but the second time Sifa does not react.

When I test the values within the slider (in the Kalibrierung dialog), all seems to be behaving as it should: when the pedals are left intact, the value is 0... I start pressing, it is still 0 for some time and then changes to 1 (above 200). So the way it is set up is all fine, it must be the way that the simulator interprets it. I was even trying to change the dead zone to 300, but it's still the same.

I was observing a similar behaviour yesterday, although only one pedal was working for me only, your setup gives values of 1 for both ends of the joystick range, so both ends work fine, which is great. But there is something fundamental in the way the axis is assigned that prevents it from working correctly.

jstange

#4 Beitrag von jstange »

I actually found one topic in German about this and if I understand it correctly people there have exactly the same issue... and end up using external applications to emulate this. Are you positive it should be working, Carsten?

https://www.forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12565

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I had run the test with the indusi because my loco had a visual wachsam switch so that the result is directly visible.
With sifa instead of indusi it does not work. Something must be different but I cannot say why.

Carsten

jstange

#6 Beitrag von jstange »

OK, understand.

I've tried several other combinations - as Sifa actually works the other way round I thought you might have used the value of 1 as the nominal value and 0 for Sifa confirmation, tried combinations with the "Sifa in HW controls mode" as well, all to no avail.

If there is any chance to get to the bottom of this at some point and update the sim I think I wouldn't be the only one who'd welcome this. Sifa is the only remaining control feature where I rely on an external application (although I want to do this primarily to solve my sound issues, it wouldn't be bad to have all controls governed by Zusi itself).

Thanks a lot for all the help so far.

Rainer Wefeld

#7 Beitrag von Rainer Wefeld »

Hello,

since I had the idea of ​​wanting to use the Sifa on several keys, but the programmer described the wish as negligible, I looked around for alternatives. Since then I have been using the linked USB pedals, the key command is assigned to the pedal via an additional program and works perfectly.

Regards Rainer

Docooler Fußschalter, Multimedia-Eingabegerät (USB Wired)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07HH7BZ5R/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

jstange

#8 Beitrag von jstange »

Thanks a lot for this, Rainer, but if it still requires any external application, it's probably not that much different to what I already have with driving wheel pedals and xpadder.

RolandWeigt(Orlando)

#9 Beitrag von RolandWeigt(Orlando) »

I use this padel - without any keyboard assignments. And (not only) in win10 no software or driver is needed. It has been recognized as an USB gaming device. You can use it for Sifa im Fahrpultmodus: Press it continuesly and release from time to time …

Best wishes
Roland

Update: I have bought https://www.amazon.de/Docooler-PCsensor ... 07HH7BZ5R/ (same mentioned above)
This is version FS2016_USB2 (label on plug) / FS2016_B2 (embossed on the backside)
Zuletzt geändert von RolandWeigt(Orlando) am 28.04.2021 09:26:37, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#10 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Try the next version please.

Carsten

jstange

#11 Beitrag von jstange »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben: 28.04.2021 01:55:40 Try the next version please.

Carsten
Hi Carsten

does this mean you fixed the code so that it should work on the new version to be released? If so I'll have to wait for this for some time I guess as I have the Steam version of Zusi, not sure when the next update is coming there...

jstange

#12 Beitrag von jstange »

Just for the record, the current version I have is 3.4.3.0. As soon as I see a newer version I'll test this out again. Thanks a lot.

jstange

#13 Beitrag von jstange »

So I confirm that with the 3.4.4 released yesterday the Sifa controlled by a joystick/driving pedal axis works perfectly. Must be configured as described by Carsten above and the axis must be applied to Sifa Fusspedal...

Thanks a lot for the fix!

Antworten