Traffic in front

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
littlepe

Traffic in front

#1 Beitrag von littlepe »

Hi all - new to this sim - just wondering - in the timetables provided is there AI traffic ahead of your train - in other words will you encounter signals against you due to traffic ahead? The few times i have used the sim i have only encountered adverse signals as i approached a terminus. Thanks.

MarkusEgger
Aktuelle Projekte: Augsburg-Donauwörth
Re: Traffic in front

#2 Beitrag von MarkusEgger »

Good morning!

Yes, depending on the timetable there are trains that follow for a part of their trip a slower train ahead.

You can use TEC 40008 in the A-DON_2018_4-12Uhr_AuHirblStr-Nordendorf timetable as an example

Markus
Der Blog zum Streckenbauprojekt Augsburg-Donauwörth:
http://www.zusi-team-sued.de

littlepe

#3 Beitrag von littlepe »

Thanks Markus - i will try that one.

littlepe

#4 Beitrag von littlepe »

Well Markus - i'm guessing you were having a little joke with me there as this timetable starts with you doing 70kmh and slams you straight into a red signal within 1km - without any warning from other signals or from the pzb . well done - you should be proud.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#5 Beitrag von jonathanp »

You should always be prepared for that to happen.

However, if the speed/distance is so extreme that it is not posdible to stop with full service braking, that is an error in the timetable that should be fixed.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 18.10.2020 10:34:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

MarkusEgger
Aktuelle Projekte: Augsburg-Donauwörth

#6 Beitrag von MarkusEgger »

Hi!
Well Markus - i'm guessing you were having a little joke with me there as this timetable starts with you doing 70kmh and slams you straight into a red signal within 1km - without any warning
from other signals or from the pzb . well done - you should be proud.
Sorry, this shouldn't have been a joke, the situation in TEC 40008 is not ideal, but it's comfortably possible to stop the train in front of the red signal. But we will set it to a start with 0 km/h in the next update.

You can try DGS 69207 in the same timetable. This trains starts with 0 km/h and has also the situation of following a stopping service.

Markus
Der Blog zum Streckenbauprojekt Augsburg-Donauwörth:
http://www.zusi-team-sued.de

littlepe

#7 Beitrag von littlepe »

Ok Markus - i thought it was a joke - but surely - as you go over the 500hz magnet - this should indicate and apply the brakes if overspeed. Many thanks for response anyhow - i will try the other one.

Antworten