Keyboard problem

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
darkage

Keyboard problem

#1 Beitrag von darkage »

I started having problems around yesterday. Only the F keys were working, and, after a while, somehow the problem solved itself.
Today this is happening again and I can't get the entire keyboard to work again. I've tried custom keyboard layout and the default layout. No matter what only the F keys work.

I'm using the steam version and the last update was on the 9th of April
Also, I use Portuguese keyboard layout in windows and also tried switching to English.
My keyboard the HyperX Alloy FPS. Oh and the keyboard works fine with ZusiDisplay, and I can interact with the cab controls using the mouse, although to acknowledge SIFA I need to set it to autopilot and set it back off to keep driving.

F. Schn.

Re: Keyboard problem

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Hm. Strange.

What is selected under Configuration->Input devices?
Do you use full screen mode?
What is selected under Configuration->Settings->Miscellaneous->Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus?
What is selected under Configuration->Settings->Miscellaneous->Use Immediate Mode for keyboard input?
Did you start Zusi by the start menue or by double clicking on a trn or a fpn file?
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

darkage

#3 Beitrag von darkage »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:Hm. Strange.

What is selected under Configuration->Input devices?
Do you use full screen mode?
What is selected under Configuration->Settings->Miscellaneous->Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus?
What is selected under Configuration->Settings->Miscellaneous->Use Immediate Mode for keyboard input?
Did you start Zusi by the start menue or by double clicking on a trn or a fpn file?

Under input devices I have keyboard and Custom
I use Separate window, never had issues with this
I have "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" checked, tried unchecking and the issue is still there. also I tried having ZusiDisplay focused while this was unchecked, works fine in there but does nothing in Zusi
I have "Use Immediate Mode for keyboard input" unchecked, tried checking and the issue is still there
I start Zusi through the start button in the steam library
Zuletzt geändert von darkage am 16.05.2020 23:09:13, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

darkage hat geschrieben:I use Separate window, never had issues with this
I wonder about that. Seperate window was always buggy, especially in combination with "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" because it only reacts to the main window and not the sperate window.
Does the problem remain in single window mode?
darkage hat geschrieben:I have "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" checked, tried unchecking and the issue is still there.
Did you restart Zusi after you unchecked it?
Zuletzt geändert von F. Schn. am 16.05.2020 23:20:15, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

darkage

#5 Beitrag von darkage »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:
darkage hat geschrieben:I use Separate window, never had issues with this
I wonder about that. Seperate window was always buggy, especially in combination with "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" because it only reacts to the main window and not the sperate window.
Does the problem remain in single window mode?
darkage hat geschrieben:I have "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" checked, tried unchecking and the issue is still there.
Did you restart Zusi after you unchecked it?
Okay, things are weird, I unchecked "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" and restarted and set to "Same wndow" and now only the throttle keys don't work.

edit: I t really seems to be an issue with the window setting
Zuletzt geändert von darkage am 16.05.2020 23:44:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

#6 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Usually users use single window. In this case you can check "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" again. Or you can use seperate window whit unchecked option.

Did you modify your throttle key settings? Did you use a train, that has a combined throttle and power controller?
Zuletzt geändert von F. Schn. am 16.05.2020 23:50:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

darkage

#7 Beitrag von darkage »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:Usually users use single window. In this case you can check "Read keyboard and DirectInput devices only when Zusi has the focus" again. Or you can use seperate window whit unchecked option.

Did you modify your throttle key settings? Did you use a train, that has a combined throttle and power controller?
Okay, I was being dumb the last minutes LOL, I had accidentally set another key for the throttle, and now everything works, it was definitely a windows setting issue. I set it to same window and found out F7 hides the train info :D
Now I'll stay with this setting. Thanks for helping me figuring. it out

ps: didn't know different window was buggy or I'd never have used it, thanks for letting me know
Zuletzt geändert von darkage am 17.05.2020 00:00:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten