Driving questions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
ut438

Driving questions

#1 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hi.
As I was driving and reading my results in the final graphics, I had some doubts about German railroad regulations. In many of the graphics I see the same mistakes:

-Departure without departure order:
In what areas or places is the use of the whistle mandatory? Only where is indicated some kind of signal, or in specific places?

-Departure without departure order:
For the moment I was limiting myself to follow the schedules. I arrived and left the stations at the times indicated in the ebula. Are there stations (or maybe all of them?) Where do I have to wait for an exit order? Is it indicated in some way?

-Forgot to release doors:
I have an important problem with the door controls of the br146. There are times when putting the selector in "close doors" the light of doors of the display is blinking more than half a minute to close doors. In other occasions the closing is immediate. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I also do not know how to configure the door selector in my desk. I have a selector of 4 positions but I have seen that I can only configure left and right in zusi (other 2 for open and close). Therefore, if the doors are closed with the switch on the left end of the desk ... what is the purpose of the selector "close doors" and "0"?

Thank you very much for the help!
Regards

F. Schn.

Re: Driving questions

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

The behaviour depends on door closing system: window Train Data->slide Data->Door closing system. (Remarks @Carsten: Translation partial failed: Türsystem remains German)

For further detials see documentation 2.7.3.
Summary:
None: No Release possible. Wait until green-white circle appears.
SAT: Release doors with Ins/Pos1, a red walking man appears when the train stops, when it disappears again you can close the doors again with Ins/Pos (backwards).
TB0: Release by T. Wait until green-white circle appears, no closing required.
SST: Release by Ins/Pos1. Wait until green-white circle appears, then confirm it with Ins/Pos (backwards).
TAV: Release by Ins/Pos1. For some trains a second release step is required (especially for trains with coaches), press T. Close with Ins/Pos (backwards).
UIC-WTB: Release by Ins/Pos1. Wait until green-white circle appears, then confirm it with Ins/Pos (backwards).
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

ut438

#3 Beitrag von ut438 »

Thanks for your explanation, F. Schn.
I think I have understood the theory, to see if I can get it right to practice, especially when implementing the 4 positions of the selector, to the desk.
What is not clear to me, is the meaning of the symbology that appears in the upper left corner of the simulator. And when I receive or not the exit sign with a green circle.
I mean the little red man that appears in the corner. I do not know what its meaning is, since as soon as I open doors it appears, but it does not disappear again. Even I wait beyond my schedule, I just close doors without problems, I start, and the man is still in the corner. What can I be doing wrong?
I have searched in the zusi manual, but it really is a problem that is only in German, since the translations I get into Spanish require a lot of imagination. And I can not translate everything, just for paragraphs.
Anyway, apologize for making me heavy with the doubts, but I would be grateful if you could clarify them.
Thank you very much for the help.
regards

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Again, it depends on Train Data->Data->Door closing system. The red man must be considered in SAT only. (I think.) It shows if people are passing the doors.
Can you have a look at Train Data->Data->Door closing system and post the value?
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

ut438

#5 Beitrag von ut438 »

Yes, I'm using 146/185 and double deck cars, with TAV system.
So, I do not have to pay attention to the red man? nor wait for authorization for the exit? Because then at the end of the schedule, an error is shown by not releasing doors?
Thanks!

F. Schn.

#6 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Yes, in TAV you can give the command to close the doors if the next signal shows proceed and the time in the timetable is up; you can drive if the lamp "door closed" indicates that doors are closed - if not the train will simply refuse to speed up. Releasing doors requires both Pos1 Ins (left side) or Home (right side) AND in 146/185/double decker in both cases additional T, after you stoped.
Zuletzt geändert von F. Schn. am 13.11.2018 14:40:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

MarkusEgger
Aktuelle Projekte: Augsburg-Donauwörth

#7 Beitrag von MarkusEgger »

Releasing doors requires both Pos1 Ins (left side) or Home (right side) AND in 146/185/double decker in both cases additional T, after you stoped.
Just a small correction: You have to press T just BEFORE the train stops. Otherwise "Forgot to release doors" will appear in your feedback.

Markus
Zuletzt geändert von MarkusEgger am 14.11.2018 20:37:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Der Blog zum Streckenbauprojekt Augsburg-Donauwörth:
http://www.zusi-team-sued.de

ut438

#8 Beitrag von ut438 »

Thank you both for your answers.

I've been testing, and apparently the red man appears as soon as I stop at the station and open doors. After a while it disappears, I close doors and continue. But the error keeps appearing at the end. Probably that's what you're talking about, MarkusEgger, since I do not have the door switches installed yet, I'm not fast enough to enable and open doors with the keyboard, and the simulator assumes it as an error.
Let's see if when I can use it with the switches and go faster the problem is solved, although it is only the final result. If I know that I have opened and closed them correctly, I just ignore them.

By the way, let me take the opportunity to ask you a technical question ... In your desks you have implemented the rotary switch of 4 positions as the one that carries the 146? I see that only the left and right positions are for program in the simulator, the other 2 are not. Therefore, how could it be implemented in the desk? I thought of a potentiometer and do it with an axis, but I would prefer to do it with the 4 fixed positions that the real switch has.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

regards

ut438

#9 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hello again.
I would like to take this post to ask a question about the "diagnose display" monitors of the BR146.
Sometimes it happens to me that I see an alert in the bottom center in light blue that says "BITTE QUITTIEREN", along with another in the lower right blinking yellow that says "St in LZB / PROT." When this happens, when the train stops, the signals "B" "85" "70" "55" and "PZB" are illuminated on the MFD / CCD display.
At other times, just under the analog clock on the same display, there is a countdown number of meters that when it reaches 0 emits a beep.
I have not been able to find what is the meaning of these messages. Could someone explain it to me?

Thank you.
regards

Zimmer
Aktuelle Projekte: Selbst + ständig = selbständig. :D

#10 Beitrag von Zimmer »

Dear ut438,

to me that sounds like a description of a forced Breaking - obviously you must've failed to either acknowledge a "caution-signal" by Pressing "PZB/LZB-Wachsam" (usually the ENTER-key) or failed to reduce the Speed accordingly after such an aknowledgement. Worst-case you've ignored a red main Signal.

The count-down sounds like a distance-counter (the length of the Train is counted down to Zero to support the Driver in knowing when the tail has passed a certain Point, it's started by double-clicking the sifa).

I hope I could enlighten you at least a Tiny bit.

Best regards

Johannes

ut438

#11 Beitrag von ut438 »

I had not seen the function of the sifa's double click. But I noticed that the countdown is 400 meters. Is it possible to configure the train length correctly?

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

#12 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

Dear ut438,

to me that sounds like the procedure to follow when your train does a LZB to PZB transition.

The countdown is also linked to LZB. It shows, as you correcrly assume, the distance in meters to the next "event". That may be a change of speed or the end of LZB guidance / surveillance (sorry don´t know the correct term).

If you give us the route and train you were driving, we are better able to answer your questions.

Any corrections welcome.

Greetings
Christian

ut438

#13 Beitrag von ut438 »

Thanks for the contributions.
It is a route that does not have LZB, this has happened to me on the Paderborn-Kassel route driving a BR146.
I tried to close the simulator and restart the computer and in no case it has been repeated. Now the double click of the sifa shows the correct distance of the train (190m). A fact that I did not know and that is already used thanks to you, thank you very much.

I'll take advantage if you'll allow me, to launch another question ... Is it possible to configure zusidisplay so that it always shows the same in the different monitors? or is it necessary to open and place each display every time the simulator is started?
Thank you!
Zuletzt geändert von ut438 am 12.12.2018 20:49:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#14 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Is it possible to configure zusidisplay so that it always shows the same in the different monitors? or is it necessary to open and place each display every time the simulator is started?
you should use one copy of the display folder for every instance of the display. Then you can use individual settings in every folder including positon and size of the display window.

Carsten

ut438

#15 Beitrag von ut438 »

If I understand correctly, should I have a copy of the ZD program for each display I want to show?

I have another question. In the front view of the 146 without cabin, the view appears oblique. Is it possible to modify this so that the view shows the centered and straight track view? How could it be done?
Thank you very much, and excuse my avalanche of questions. I am trying to go a little deeper into the simulator and leave the desk ready, and as soon as I solve a problem, another one appears (due to my ignorance, of course).

Bild

This is what I mean. Seen from the desk, without the view of the cabin, seeing oblique gives the feeling that the train is circulating diagonally to the track. Is it possible to correct this?

Again, thanks a lot!
Zuletzt geändert von ut438 am 17.12.2018 15:59:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#16 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

If I understand correctly, should I have a copy of the ZD program for each display I want to show?
yes, a copy of the complete folder like
c:\Zusi.....\ZusiDisplay1\
c:\Zusi.....\ZusiDisplay2\
c:\Zusi.....\ZusiDisplay3\

Carsten

Antworten