Zusidisplay doubts

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
ut438

Zusidisplay doubts

#1 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hi.
I'm excited about the simulator. I can not wait to start the desk! I spent the afternoon trying to begin to familiarize myself with the simulator itself and with zusidisplay.
Finally I managed to run zusidisplay (I had not enabled the port in zusi) and I've been testing it on a route. It is simply fantastic.
But I have tried to open more zusidisplay windows and a couple of doubts have arisen.
Every time I start zusidisplay I will have to activate the port in zusi3 and place the displays in their place and size? Is there any way to memorize it and make it automatic?
The second doubt is that among the different displays that I have seen, I have not found the manometers. Does not exist in zusidisplay for zusi3?
Thanks a lot!

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

Re: Zusidisplay doubts

#2 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Have you tried looking at the ZusiDisplay settings?

Simply open the settings screen('Einstellung' button on the first screen) and right there on the right hand side of the first tab you can set the exact location each display type will be shown by default.

There are some manometer displays available, but they are a bit complicated to set up, because they were built for the previous version of the simulator which used an entirely different networking system.

I can write a guide in English but not right now.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 09.06.2018 07:12:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

ut438

#3 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hello Jonathanp.

Yesterday I tried to translate with Google translate some of the options and tabs of zusidisplay into English, but they are many and as it happened with the options of zusi3 before updating, the translations are very often not very faithful, and abstract.

It would be great to have a guide in English, and I would be enormously grateful to be able to guide myself through the options in the right way, since when I want to make a desk, I understand that I will need to know how to configure several things.
As for the manometers ... is it pending that they go for zusi3? Is it very complex to be able to show them with zusidisplay? Along with the traction and pzb/lzb values, I think it is one of the most important data to show on the screen.

I also take to launch another question: As I said, I have an i7 with an Nvidia GTX970 graphics card. It has 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-D and another DVI-I outputs.
Also as I said, I'm not a computer expert, I searched the nvidia website and I have not found this information. All these outputs are independent? If they were, would it be possible to connect all the monitors for zusidisplay to this same card? I intend to make a desk with the front view, plus 4 MFD in small auxiliary monitors (although I could leave it in 3 if they were too many).
What is your opinion?

Thank you very much! :)
Zuletzt geändert von ut438 am 09.06.2018 22:49:13, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#4 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

On the first page of the ZusiDisplay settings the position and size of the Window can be set (point top-left, width and height). It can be done for every kind of display individually.

Code: Alles auswählen

GTX970 graphics card. It has 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-D and another DVI-I outputs.
if nvidia doesn't tell you you will have to test it unless someone uses the same card. Usually modern cards can use all outputs independently, so it should be possible to plug in all your monitors.

Carsten

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

#5 Beitrag von BenniS. »

ut438 hat geschrieben:....I also take to launch another question: As I said, I have an i7 with an Nvidia GTX970 graphics card. It has 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-D and another DVI-I outputs... ...All these outputs are independent? If they were, would it be possible to connect all the monitors for zusidisplay to this same card?...
Hi UT438,
Ive used this graphics card as well, before switching to the 1060. I've connected 3 Monitors with this card and another one with the mainboard without any problems. So you should be good to go!

Greetings
beste Grüße
Benni

ut438

#6 Beitrag von ut438 »

So I hope I do not have too many problems to configure all the monitors, which would be the main plus 4 for displays.
I bought a 10 "touchmonitor that I found for just over 100 euros on aliexpress, I'll try it, and if it works well I'll buy another three like this one.
As long as it does not arrive and I can go testing.
Thanks a lot!
Zuletzt geändert von ut438 am 11.06.2018 11:52:14, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

ut438

#7 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hello again.
Could someone explain to me how to show the manometers of zusi3 in zusidisplay?
I have seen that some of you have done it, and you told me that it is complicated, but I would like to try it.
Thank you very much!

jonathanp

#8 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Hi,

First of all, to display manometers does not involve ZusiDisplay. ZusiDisplay is just one of many programs which can connect to the Zusi network interface.

I kind of fear to suggest this to you beacause it is yet another program with an german-only interface and a german-only manual, but the easiest way to get a manometer display is to use ZusiMeter. This is a tool which enables you to design your own displays out of a large choice of gauges and indicators. The thread about it is here https://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14023" target="_blank and you can download it here http://zusi.sovoma.de/downloads/ZusiMeter.zip" target="_blank.

Vielleicht if I teilweise in Deutsch schreiben, würdest you pick it up schneller? ;)

However, the gauges of ZusiMeter do not look much like the ones in a real locomotive, and they are not suited for use in a full size cab mockup. To display manometers which look like real ones is a bit more complicated.

The first thing you need is to download the package here: https://www.railway-displays.de/herunterladen.html" target="_blank
The main product itself is not what you want, but also included is a standalone Java program called Manometer.jar which displays the manometers. It is configured using text file that you can use to change the size and position of the window and each gauge.

Next, although I said this has nothing do with ZusiDisplay(!) you need to go here: https://www.zusidisplay.de/download-2/" target="_blank, and download the package "TCP Server 1.4a". This is a kind of broker which was designed to distribute information from Zusi 2 to multiple clients.

Finally, go here https://github.com/FSchn/ZusiTCP.NET/tr ... verterDemo" target="_blank (thread here https://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=12751" target="_blank), and download all the .exe, .dll and .xml files. This is a converter which connects to Zusi 3 and then takes the recieved information and sends it to the Zusi 2 TCP Server.

These programs must be started in this exact order or it will not work. If any of the programs is shutdown, then close them all down and start from the beginning again.
1. Start Zusi 3 and enable the internal network server
2. Start the TCP Server
2. Start the Manometer.jar display
4. Start the ConverterDemo

Gruß,
Jonathan
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 19.06.2018 09:50:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

ut438

#9 Beitrag von ut438 »

Now I understand why you told me it was a bit complicated, my God!
I'll be tried for a while, if I do not get it I'll ask again.
I am delighted with the simulator, and I understand that it is of German trains, but really it is a big problem that of the language barrier, you have to be using a translator constantly, and even then the translations are quite bad.
I am also trying to display zusidisplay displays full screen on small monitors, overlapping the windows toolbar, but I do not get it for the same reason.
Although it may not seem like it, I tend to be more agile understanding things in English, and of course in Spanish! It makes me a little frustrating. :O :O :O But little by little I hope everything goes well.
Thank you very much again for the help.

Ich kann versuchen, auf Deutsch als Übersetzer zu sprechen, aber ich weiß nicht, ob es sehr gute Ergebnisse geben wird ... ?(

rrohde

#10 Beitrag von rrohde »

This interests me as well; steps 1, 3, 4 are clear to me. However:

2. Start the Manometer.jar display

^^^ how exactly do you start this display?

jonathanp

#11 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Normally once java is installed you can just double click on it. If that doesn't work then open a command prompt, change to the directory it is in and run

Code: Alles auswählen

java -jar Manometer.jar

rrohde

#12 Beitrag von rrohde »

Thank you. I am not sure if Java is installed on my system. Will check and try again.
Zuletzt geändert von rrohde am 20.06.2018 16:43:09, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten