Driver controls

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
ut438

Driver controls

#1 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hello everyone.
I am gathering all the necessary parts to make me a driving desk for zusi, type taurus-Siemens. I already have practically all the materials but I am not being able to get the traction and brake levers (AFB, traction, tire braking and electric brake). I have found in this forum some that are already sold, and others on request that cost me a total of more than 4000 euros (I can not spend so much money on the levers). Could someone tell me where I can find them at a more reasonable price, or how you have done them? Thank you very much for your help.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Driver controls

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

For cheaper levers try to find second hand devices (ebay) or build your own levers.

Carsten

ut438

#3 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hi, and thank you very much for the suggestion.
I've been looking for eBay daily and have not found anything related to it. Probably the problem will be that being German objects will be announced in German, and using the google translator I will not be looking for the right words. In any case I keep looking, but I have not yet found anything related, apart from schaltbau switches. Tale for the levers with a budget of about 800-1000 euros, but would prefer that they will cost a lot less.
As for doing it myself, I would not know where to start. I have experience in working with plastics and wood, but nothing with metals, and less in mechanical combinations. I will be very grateful for your help, my project has been stopped at this point for not being able to get the levers.

Alwin Meschede
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusi3 Objektbau

#4 Beitrag von Alwin Meschede »

Several people have tried to devise cheaper, simplified levers. None of these endeavours resulted in a shippable product. It seems that a price tag of ~ 1000 € per lever is somewhat of the lowest possible boundary.
Mein Youtube-Kanal: youtube.com/echoray1

Antworten