[route] Left Rhineroute: Around Koblenz

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Roland Zühlke
Aktuelle Projekte: Eifelstrecke, Abschnitt Gerolstein - Trier
[route] Left Rhineroute: Around Koblenz

#1 Beitrag von Roland Zühlke »

Dear friends,

another try to re-motivate the english speaking Zusi scene: the announcement of release of a new Left Rhineroute part. You can download it by clicking http://www.zusi.rzuehlke.de/doc/runumkob0_5.zad . An explanation is here: http://www.zusi.rzuehlke.de/eng/linkrhei/index.htm .

Enjoy and best regards,

Roland
Zuletzt geändert von Roland Zühlke am 05.06.2006 13:15:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#2 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Hello Roland,

Thanks for the information.

I was going to ask how this route was doing, you answered my question.
--
Jason M

Jason-M

#3 Beitrag von Jason-M »

The route is very good, well done.

One problem I have is some missing waggons, see below-
Bild

Where can I get these from?

Regards
--
Jason M

Thomas (Viper)

#4 Beitrag von Thomas (Viper) »

Hi Jason

I suggest you to install all Add-Ons and Updates so you will never get this kind of error messages again.

I think it's not possible to install the missing Add-On later because it's very, very important to install all Add-Ons in turn, that means you have to start with Add-On Nr. 1 and then with Nr. 2 etc. All Add-Ons with a red star are obligation ( which you really should install) and all other Add-Ons are voluntary, but I really suggest you to install these files because you will get very nice routes, objects, cabs, waggons etc.

Cheers
Thomas

Jason-M

#5 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Hi Thomas,

I always install the add-ons and updates and as far as I know have not missed any, though I may be wrong of course.
--
Jason M

Christian Gründler

#6 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Jason-M hat geschrieben:I always install the add-ons and updates and as far as I know have not missed any, though I may be wrong of course.
Hello Jason,

have a look at "...\Zusi\addons.txt" !

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 06.06.2006 11:05:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#7 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Looks like I was wrong, I have got cd13_07 to 23 missing :( how did I miss that.

Anyway I presume I have to install all the the cd13 add-ons again in order?

Thanks for everyones help.
--
Jason M

Mirko
Aktuelle Projekte: Nothing in particular
#8 Beitrag von Mirko »

Jason-M hat geschrieben:Anyway I presume I have to install all the the cd13 add-ons again in order?
Exactly - of course on a fresh Zusi installation ;)
Man sollte sich immer gut überlegen, was man sich wünscht. Manchmal passiert es, dass man es kriegt (Meat Loaf)

Vern
#9 Beitrag von Vern »

Thanks for the update.

I think I too have fallen foul of the numerous updates and got thoroughly confused as there seem to be CD updates then separate programme updates too.

Hopefully Zusi 3 will make this aspect easier. Speaking of Zusi 3...any news? With TMTS dead and buried and KRS seemingly aimed at the high end of the market - particularly with rumours of £1000 licence fees to build content - Zusi 3 could prove more popular than Carlsten imagines.

stuvar

#10 Beitrag von stuvar »

now - 1 week later...*

There are some activities concerning Zusi 3, so best is to read it yourself in the Zusi-3 part of this forum. Unfortunately only in german.

* an old running gag: every question about the relase date for Zusi 3 will delay it by a week.

Jason-M

#11 Beitrag von Jason-M »

So Vern we can blame you when it comes out 1 week later than planned ;)

I was thinking of getting the latest CD, but do not want to do that if Zusi 3 is getting close, damn that is another week later now, sorry Vern my fault :D
--
Jason M

Vern
#12 Beitrag von Vern »

Yes that is mainly my reason for enquiring. Unfortunately I don't have time to put all the threads in the Zusi 3 section through the Google translation, so sorry if asking for a snippet of information - particularly in light of the TMTS debacle and Kuju situation - has caused any offence.

Jason-M

#13 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Vern I am sure no one minds you(or me) asking really, as you say it takes time to go through the Zusi 3 forum with translation, I just had a quick look and can see some very good models being built, I like the underground station.
--
Jason M

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#14 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I do not remember basical Zusi3-news. Somewhere I mentioned that the demo-route is under construction.

Carsten

Vern
#15 Beitrag von Vern »

Yes that is the main reason for the frustration, we can see the project coming together but not really glean how far off completion it is.

Ah well, it will be done when its done. With the fine summer weather, World Cup :D :D :D :D and membership of two Virtual airlines to service I can wait until it's ready.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#16 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

It doesn't make any sense to talk about an estimated release-date or something like that. That only causes pressure (for me) and disappointed users (if it takes longer)

Carsten

Christian Gründler

#17 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Vern,

I think that Carsten is right. Remember the way some big companies announce their releases - and how "reliable" these announcements often are.

Regards,
Christian

Plokky
Aktuelle Projekte: Simulationssoftware
#18 Beitrag von Plokky »

Vern hat geschrieben:Yes that is mainly my reason for enquiring. Unfortunately I don't have time to put all the threads in the Zusi 3 section through the Google translation, so sorry if asking for a snippet of information - particularly in light of the TMTS debacle and Kuju situation - has caused any offence.
I wouldn't call the decision of TMTS a "debacle". Knowing their situation and the future of Rail Simulations, I think it was a pretty wise decision.

TMTS was (and actually is) an extreme detailed simulation.

Zusi 2 is already an impressive simulation from an expert point of view. Zusi 3 will add the long wished textures and many other new features where I am really excited about.

Kuju Rail Simulator is looking nice, but I have not noticed a clear picture about signalling, sound system ,train control systems, simulation variables, physics and operations reality. Unfortunately you can't judge a simulation from nice renders only.
Those items provide the reality to a simulation. If they are neglected (because of lack of domain knowledge or simply funding issues) you're back to an Australian Game.

Funny enough the community is NOT looking for such game.
grüsse,

Richard Plokhaar

Roland Ziegler
#19 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Well, it's offtopic, and Vern's remark is four months old.

Nevertheless, I totally agree with Plokky. We know nothing about KRS. To continue, we also have no idea about the terrain model and the geodetic projection. We have been told they will be able to read SRTM DEMs and may import something similar to MSTS marker files. Is that all?

Until they release some substantial information I don't buy anything from them. Very much vapourware at the moment to me.

Vern
#20 Beitrag von Vern »

I'm still hoping KRS will have something to offer the train simming public but I don't think it will be as ground breaking as MSTS. In addition there are questions being raised over the possibility of licencing fees for add on content (at least commercial stuff) and the spectre of Electronic Arts insisting on putting BF2142 style in game advertising and PC data miner routines that collate information from the user's PC.

Which all in all leaves a very nice slot for Zusi 3 to fill.

Antworten