How to turn on headlights?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
taoroot

How to turn on headlights?

#1 Beitrag von taoroot »

First time driving (with Vectron) through the tunnel and I was looking for a way to turn on the lights. Also, I've noticed that I can't change the light configuration in ZusiDisplay (Diagnostic Display). Are headlights not implemented, yet?

LMH

Re: How to turn on headlights?

#2 Beitrag von LMH »

To my knowledge, they simply aren't implemented.

Melvin
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahpraln "Nachts auf der Schnellfahrstrecke"

#3 Beitrag von Melvin »

Everything you need to see in the dark on the railway is lit anyway, you don't need headlights at all.. at least this is what most older train drivers say, who have learned to drive on the old locos like 140 or 151. The lights they have are just there so the train can be seen in the dark, not to help the driver to see anything :D

regards,
Melvin

Wolfgang E.
Aktuelle Projekte: https://github.com/machinae-vectoriae-ductor/

#4 Beitrag von Wolfgang E. »

That's not completely right. Signals like Zs6 oder Zs7 are normally not illuminated and reflect only the the weak light of the train.

Regards Wolfgang

didig

#5 Beitrag von didig »

That`s not completely right, Zs7 is always Illuminated, 3 lights V positioned and Zs6 can be Illuminaten or reflected

taoroot

#6 Beitrag von taoroot »

Thank you everyone for the reply. I would say headlights are important, otherwise there would be none on real locos too. Is there a plan to implement them? Also, are there some plans to upgrade the graphics engine? ?(

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#7 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

I don't know about plans to implement light effects. This has to be answered by the developers.

But in reality, headliughts of a train were mainly not for the driver to see more, but to make the train visible e.g. at level crossings.

taoroot

#8 Beitrag von taoroot »

I at least know that for example at night when spotting an animal far ahead, the train driver can at least sound the horn, since high beam headlights can reach quite far, some 150 m or even 300 m ahead. That's happening quite often really close to the place I live.

H. Ww

#9 Beitrag von H. Ww »

taoroot hat geschrieben: 15.06.2024 10:28:25 I at least know that for example at night when spotting an animal far ahead, the train driver can at least sound the horn, since high beam headlights can reach quite far, some 150 m or even 300 m ahead. That's happening quite often really close to the place I live.
You are right. Modern trains have high beam .

F. Schn.

#10 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Melvin hat geschrieben: 15.06.2024 03:17:40 Everything you need to see in the dark on the railway is lit anyway, you don't need headlights at all.. at least this is what most older train drivers say, who have learned to drive on the old locos like 140 or 151. The lights they have are just there so the train can be seen in the dark, not to help the driver to see anything :D
See also this video: https://youtu.be/O8mV48lmvXc?t=2421 (The headlights of this train are completely activated.)
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

taoroot

#11 Beitrag von taoroot »

Literally the first video on YouTube that showed when searching for siemens vectron tunnel cabview...

https://youtu.be/GZ-enlOGRdM?feature=shared&t=12078˜

or another different example...

https://youtu.be/DEYpDWZSf3g?feature=shared&t=1580

F. Schn.

#12 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Exactly, that applys to "the new locos" like 193.

However, I don't think light effects have a high implementation priority in comparison to (for example) shunting. As you see, it isn't a train requirement either and trains that don't have this feature are not required to upgrade. In fact the graphic engine has multiple shortcomings especially high CPU usage (what is typical for engines like this).
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Wolfgang E.
Aktuelle Projekte: https://github.com/machinae-vectoriae-ductor/

#13 Beitrag von Wolfgang E. »

didig hat geschrieben: 15.06.2024 07:50:43 That`s not completely right, Zs7 is always Illuminated, 3 lights V positioned and Zs6 can be Illuminaten or reflected
I'm sorry. You are right and I meant Lf6 and Lf7.

Antworten