Lossless Scaling in Zusi

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Don Johnson

Lossless Scaling in Zusi

#1 Beitrag von Don Johnson »

Dear Zusi Users,

Have you used program "Lossless Scaling" to improve Zusi performance? It is stand alone frame generator that works with all graphics cards and games that can significantly increase fps values. The program is available for download from Steam. I'm considering purchasing it and I'm curious about your opinions.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9930 ... s_Scaling/

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

Re: Lossless Scaling in Zusi

#2 Beitrag von Johannes »

I haven't, but it says on the page: "Scaling makes sense when you are limited by GPU power." Zusi isn't GPU-bound AFAIK.

And I think the name of the program is quite funny – how could upscaling be anything but "lossless"?

Don Johnson

#3 Beitrag von Don Johnson »

The program has two separate functions: scalling and frame generator and you can choose which function to use. I read very positive opinions about frame generator in Omsi which has similar game engine to Zusi.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/993090/d ... rman&ctp=2

Thomas U.

#4 Beitrag von Thomas U. »

I also tested it in the last days, the frame generation part works quite well for me in Zusi, around Maschen or other low-frame-areas it is much smoother with the doubled framerate. But sometimes textures with transparency like the sleepers are flickering a little bit. Maybe there are options to avoid this.

And: the program works always on the focused window. If you open the timetable, it will be centered on the screen and the simulator itself disappears behind a black wall :D

(Ich hoffe, das ist halbwegs richtig geschrieben, mein Englisch ist ja eher... verbesserungswürdig :rolleyes: )

Don Johnson

#5 Beitrag von Don Johnson »

So... I decided to buy this program and do some tests and I have a several observations:
- in my opinion this is a real "game changer". I currently have a stable 60 fps almost everywhere (maybe except Maschen), drive animation is very smooth and I didn't have to change any Zusi settings.
- the most important thing is proper program configuration. I have a quite old monitor with refresh rate 60 Hz so I had to use Nvidia Control Panel fps limiter and set it to 30 fps in Zusi. Then I set frame generator multiplier to x2 and got stable 60 fps even on large stations.
- there are rare issues with flickering transparent textures
- As Thomas said program works only with main window so there are problems with manual scrooling timetables. My hint: you can turn frame generator off at any time using a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+S, then scroll timetable and turn it on again.

I will do more tests, but these are my observations at the moment.

Antworten