Probably another newbie question, but maybe not.

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
cereal killer

Probably another newbie question, but maybe not.

#1 Beitrag von cereal killer »

I tried to do the ICE 1573 service (see attached image) but I encountered two "oddities" which could easily be due to my ignorance.
1) When opening the Ebula, it does not update to the current Km but remains stationary. This happens both on the Ebula that I start in the cabin and on the one connected to the server that I open with ZusiDisplay.
2) When I start the service, I activate the AFB and set it to maximum speed, but the LZB causes the train to travel at speeds significantly higher than those I see in the timetable. In certain sections of track, however, the speed that the LZB sets is consistent with what I read in the timetable.
Where's the mistake?
Thank you.

Bild

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

Re: Probably another newbie question, but maybe not.

#2 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

Hello fellow Zusi fan,

1: Did you check if Zusi is transmitting data? Konfigutation -> Netzwerk -> Button "Server starten".
There is an option in Konfiguration -> Einstellungen -> Tab Sonstiges -> Checkbox "Server autom. starten" that starts data transmition on every start of the sim.

2: When a train is guided by LZB (the german term is "LZB-geführt") the values displayed by LZB "overrule" EBuLa. LZB is a requirement for trains that go faster than 160 km/h. EBuLa is used when LZB is not active (simlplest reason: line is not equipped with it) so the speed is capped at 160 km/h.
So if line speed is 160 km/h and less, speeds match.

I hope my explanation is not too confusing.

Christian

cereal killer

#3 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Christian Sch. hat geschrieben: 23.03.2024 18:46:19 1: Did you check if Zusi is transmitting data? Konfigutation -> Netzwerk -> Button "Server starten".
Yes, the server is "up" but Ebula doesn't work as it should.
Sometimes it starts correctly by scrolling the mileage, but shortly after it freezes.
Other times (mostly) it remains stationary from the start.

timo74
Aktuelle Projekte: Moderner Fahrplan Grenzlandbahnen

#4 Beitrag von timo74 »

Are other Zusi displays apart from Ebula started externally? The start sequence would then be interesting
Zusi Steam Version in der aktuellen Version

cereal killer

#5 Beitrag von cereal killer »

timo74 hat geschrieben: 23.03.2024 19:27:46 Are other Zusi displays apart from Ebula started externally? The start sequence would then be interesting
Nope, I have only Ebula panel up.

cereal killer

#6 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Just wanted to add that a friend is having the same problem on the same service.
Please, could you try to replicate it too?
Thank you.

oppolo

#7 Beitrag von oppolo »

BildThis is the situation. We are running zusi on win7

timo74
Aktuelle Projekte: Moderner Fahrplan Grenzlandbahnen

#8 Beitrag von timo74 »

I have the same problem with this timetable. I have no idea exactly what the problem is. I have found the following as a possible solution. Set Ebula to manual before setting off and set it to KM 47. Before arriving at KM 47, set it back to localisation mode. After that, the KM seems to work again. However, I did not ride the entire route. Another option is to ride according to the printed book timetable.
Greetings
Timo
Zusi Steam Version in der aktuellen Version

Thomas R.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrplanbau, überall und nirgends ;)

#9 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

Hi everyone,

probably, there is a problem with the *.timetable.xml files of "Guntershausen-Edesheim_2020_06Uhr-10Uhr" in section 1a, starting in Almstedt.
I'll try to create these files used by EBuLa newly and see if the problem is solved.
I'll get back to you when I finished doing this.

Regards,
Thomas

cereal killer

#10 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Thanks!

Thomas R.

#11 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

cereal killer hat geschrieben: 23.03.2024 18:17:21 I tried to do the ICE 1573 service (see attached image) but I encountered two "oddities" which could easily be due to my ignorance.
[...]
So, this definitely is no newbie question but you found a bug. :D

Using newly created *.timetable.xml for all services in section 1a. starting in Almstedt, the problem is solved and ZD starts to count the km as usual from the beginning. Unfortunately I made a mistake in preparing the *.timetable.xml for these specific trains delivered with package 204.

As always, the amended files will be distributed within the next update package, which might take a while. For those of you that know what they’re doing, you will find the update within the file management tool soon. I will upload everything tonight.

Regards,
Thomas

oppolo

#12 Beitrag von oppolo »

Thank you

cereal killer

#13 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Thomas R. hat geschrieben: 24.03.2024 20:14:39 As always, the amended files will be distributed within the next update package, which might take a while. For those of you that know what they’re doing, you will find the update within the file management tool soon. I will upload everything tonight.
Thank you Thomas.
I'm a new user and I own the Steam version of Zusi.
Is there anything I can do to update with fixed files or do I have to wait for an update from Steam?

Thomas R.

#14 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

Since being a new user I would certainly recommend you to wait for the next update.

As a work around you can drive the same services in the "Kirchheim-Veddel_2020_06Uhr-10Uhr" timetable but all the way from Hamburg.
In this timetable the ZD problem does not occur.

Regards,
Thomas

Antworten