How does the chaos work?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vfts

How does the chaos work?

#1 Beitrag von Vfts »

There's setting 'ignore the chaos implemented in the scenario' , so you can set your own chaos percentage.

Does that mean that scenarios have chaos implemented, and from time to time the scenario plays a little bit differently? Or, each time you play a particular scenario, all signals show the same information? In this case, what chaos actually does?

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

Re: How does the chaos work?

#2 Beitrag von BenniS. »

Hi,

the timetable builder can already determine what percentage of chaos there should be in his timetable. In principle, he knows best with how much chaos the timetable can still be run well before there are deadlocks.
However, the chaos itself is generated at random, so that it is not always at the same place.

If you want to "ignore the chaos implemented in the scenario" you can set the chaos factor to your liking. But be aware that this may lead to deadlocks, if put to high. I wouldn't go above 2%.

What I don't know, however, is whether the chaos value affects each train or the entire timetable.
So is 0.5% chaos applied to each train, or is 0.5% chaos applied to the entire timetable.
Zuletzt geändert von BenniS. am 22.03.2024 16:17:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
beste Grüße
Benni

Michael Springer

#3 Beitrag von Michael Springer »

A long time ago, i tried to explain it here viewtopic.php?p=322153#p322153

Vfts

#4 Beitrag von Vfts »

BenniS. hat geschrieben: 22.03.2024 15:11:27 Hi,

the timetable builder can already determine what percentage of chaos there should be in his timetable. In principle, he knows best with how much chaos the timetable can still be run well before there are deadlocks.
However, the chaos itself is generated at random, so that it is not always at the same place.

If you want to "ignore the chaos implemented in the scenario" you can set the chaos factor to your liking. But be aware that this may lead to deadlocks, if put to high. I wouldn't go above 2%.

What I don't know, however, is whether the chaos value affects each train or the entire timetable.
So is 0.5% chaos applied to each train, or is 0.5% chaos applied to the entire timetable.
Thanks. I already created deadlocks when setting the value to 5% or above.

What about the visibility? Once I had fog, another time clear visibility.
Zuletzt geändert von Vfts am 22.03.2024 18:13:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Vfts

#5 Beitrag von Vfts »

Michael Springer hat geschrieben: 22.03.2024 16:13:54 A long time ago, i tried to explain it here viewtopic.php?p=322153#p322153
Thx I'll check it

Antworten