Ebula and efficiency?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
fakenham1

Ebula and efficiency?

#1 Beitrag von fakenham1 »

Bit of a noobish question so apologies in advance...
Recently I've got back into Zusi, and having an absolute blast with it now I run a 4K TV - looks so good on a larger screen, superb. Anyway, I was playing one of the ICE services (277) to Kassel and noticed that the Ebula was showing speeds of around 150-160km/h instead of the LZBs 250-280Km/h. This was even I was running 2mins late. Also noticed a black highlighted speed in the Ebula. Is this because Zusi models the speed efficiency modes that I've seen in vids like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHQpWep1Iw

I guess the details in the Ebula at the bottom right are showing what the driver should be achieving? The ESF mode is energy saving?
Thanks in advance.

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

Re: Ebula and efficiency?

#2 Beitrag von BenniS. »

The 160kmh Shown in the ebula would be the go-to Speed when driving without LZB.
LZB Speed Shown in the displays is overuling the ebula Speed - in this case.
If speedlimit is Highlighted Black in the ebula it means that there is no physical Speed sign at the track indicating the Speed change.
beste Grüße
Benni

fakenham1

#3 Beitrag von fakenham1 »

Great, thanks Benni, makes sense. So I'm guessing that efficiency speeds aren't operational in Zusi as yet? (Not that it's a problem, the sim is superb as it is) For example in the video above, the driver is doing 160 instead of the max 200 LZB speed based on economy info in the Ebula.

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

#4 Beitrag von BenniS. »

Well I guess that when the ESF sign is engaged and you are ahead of schedule you can ease up a little on the throttle and let the train roll.
But In zusi, however, you don't know whether there might be another train directly behind you that you are slowing down.

in real life the dispatcher would probably give you a call to go full throttle again if another train is about to catch up with you. (dont know about that, tho)
beste Grüße
Benni

fakenham1

#5 Beitrag von fakenham1 »

Thanks again, makes sense.

Antworten