Newbie doors question

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
cereal killer

Newbie doors question

#1 Beitrag von cereal killer »

I'm sorry for the banality of my request.
At the end of the scenarios, the report promptly informs me that I have made errors in releasing the doors.
In this regard, we have a "t" button (what is it for?), the "ins" and "home" buttons to select the door opening side and the "y" button for closing the doors.
I'm a little confused, what should I do, step by step when I go to pick up passengers?
Thank you.
Zuletzt geändert von cereal killer am 12.03.2024 01:49:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

Re: Newbie question

#2 Beitrag von BenniS. »

hi,
that depends on which door locking system you use. This in turn depends on the train you are driving.

There are several systems, e.g. 'TB0' 'TAV' 'SAT' etc.
You can see which system is currently installed in your train on your information sheet which is displayed at the start of your journey and which you can open pressing F7.

To find out how each system works you can look up chapter 2.7.3 of the documentation.

Important for all of them: You cant wait for the train to stop before releasing the doors. You have to release the doors right before the train comes to a complete standstill. Otherwise you will get a penalty.

I hope this helps!
beste Grüße
Benni

yxyx

#3 Beitrag von yxyx »

BenniS. hat geschrieben: 04.03.2024 21:34:15 Important for all of them: You cant wait for the train to stop before releasing the doors. You have to release the doors right before the train comes to a complete standstill. Otherwise you will get a penalty.
This a bit controversal as already discussed in other threads in this forum. In a real live driving exam with current rules you would immediatly fail if you release the doors before a complete stop.

Best regards
yxyx

Robke

#4 Beitrag von Robke »

https://youtu.be/YYHcmGOw2ak?si=cmsyTT2uMT2coad9

The above video on YouTube tells you how to handle.

F. Schn.

#5 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

yxyx hat geschrieben: 05.03.2024 07:22:53 In a real live driving exam
It's a little more complicated: the driving exams are more or less dependend on the company and the statements applys only to one company (so only one driving exam).
Anyway, it's true that the Zusi driving result does not cover all rules from all companies at the moment. As well it's true that the current Zusi drivign result behaviour was standard some decades ago.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

cereal killer

#6 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Sorry for the delay in thanking you.
As an old Railworks/TSC user, where the simulation doesn't go into particular detail, and not knowing the German railway system perfectly, I confess that I didn't suspect so many door management systems, nor did I imagine that Zusi simulated them all. Now I know I have to study them a bit, thanks again.

cereal killer

Re: Newbie doors question

#7 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Argh!, I was convinced I could solve it with the manual but now I'm dealing with the SST system of an IC with 101 in front and I can't understand what the heck I have to do for the correct procedure. What I do is obviously wrong because the train remains blocked indefinitely until I position the "left side/right side" knob in the center. From the instructions this should be the last maneuver made to LOCK the doors once closed. In reality, however, if I don't place this knob in the center, the doors just won't close! At a certain point I expect to hear the doors close, at which point I would lock them as written in the manual by turning the knob, but it doesn't work like that. Can you please explain to me STEP BY STEP the entire door opening and closing procedure in SST mode? Thank you.

Flo Zille

#8 Beitrag von Flo Zille »

I believe with SST, it should work like this. I haven't really used that system in some time though, so maybe things have changed recently?

Before starting a fresh journey:
  • Try to identify the current knob position. Some trains might start with the knob set to "doors open on both sides" (usually when starting at a platform) and others might start with the knob in the "doors closed" position (usually when starting somewhere else).
  • Make sure to turn it into "doors closed" position before accelerating.
When approaching a station:
  • Use the "Pos 1" key (for doors on the right-hand side) or the "Insert" key (for doors on the left-hand side) to put the knob into the correct position.
  • Shortly before the train comes to a halt, you should hear an annoying beep or a voice saying "Türfreigabe" (not sure what the 101 has).
  • After hearing the beep or voice, but before coming to a halt, press the "T" key to open the doors.
  • Passengers should then start boarding once the train comes to a halt.
Later when you want to depart the station:
  • The doors will be closed by the Zugaufsicht when the time has come to depart the station.
  • When everything is ready for departure, you will see a "Zp 9" signal (green circle) on screen.
  • That means you should use the other key – "Insert" if the doors were open on the right side, and "Pos 1" if the doors were open on the left side – to lock the doors.
  • Now you can start accelerating.
Now the tricky part is, and I'm not sure how to handle this situation: If you fail to do the "approaching a station" part correctly, things might break and the doors will never close / you will never see the "Zp 9" signal. Or maybe that behavior was fixed recently? I know it was an issue a year or two ago. For example, I failed to identify the initial "knob position" correctly and thought it was set to "closed doors", when it was really set to "doors open on both sides". Of course I then set it to the wrong side when stopping at the first station and then I was unable to proceed. Maybe that is fixed now?

There is a menu somewhere that you can open to look at the current train status, and it should also tell you what the current door status is. It can be useful if you want to figure out why things don't work correctly. I think there's also a third-party tool that will connect to Zusi through the TCP interface and tell you the current door status. I've never used it, but I believe it's ZusiMeter.

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

#9 Beitrag von BenniS. »

With the SST System, all you have to do is putting the door switch into the right direction (facing the Plattform you are about to approach) and switching it back to the closed Position as soon as the ZP9 signal appears on screen.
beste Grüße
Benni

cereal killer

#10 Beitrag von cereal killer »

Flo Zille hat geschrieben: 12.03.2024 08:05:14 or a voice saying "Türfreigabe" (not sure what the 101 has)
This was the key!
The 101 has the voice, which however, since I am not German, I did not recognize it as a signal for authorization to press the T button.
Now that I know, I did as you instructed and finally I no longer have errors on the doors, thanks!

Antworten