ZUSI Display memory overload and crash

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
henkieee6

ZUSI Display memory overload and crash

#1 Beitrag von henkieee6 »

I have been using the steam version of ZUSI 3 for quite some time now and I am really enjoying it.
I wanted to make use of the ZusiDisplay as well. However, whenever I open any kind of zusi display window I can only play for at most a minute before ZUSI crashes. The first couple of times I would get a messages related to not enough memory, the last few times were just CTD unfortionately.

Whenever I open zusidisplay on an active session (route started) I can see the amount of memory being used by ZUSI.exe skyrocket (see screenshot) I assume this memory usages is the culprit.

I already tried reinstalling the software, to no avail.

I clocked well over 30 hours on zusi without zusidisplay without any issues and I have a gamepc that can run MSFS and the like on high to very high, so I assume my computer is not the culprit.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Kind regards,

Henk

Bild
Bild

Addition; I got an error message today. See screenshot below. If need be I also saved the TCP debug info.

Bild

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: ZUSI Display memory overload and crash

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Do you use ZusiSIm default options?

Carsten

lipkegu

#3 Beitrag von lipkegu »

Can you retry in default settings and report back... and wich timetable, route did you start?
Zusi 3 (Steam & Stick)

henkieee6

#4 Beitrag von henkieee6 »

Yes the settings are standard. I also reinstalled the sim so all settings for zusi and zusidisplay are standard. I reduced the view distance slightly (700m) but to no effect :-(

The route was grenzlandbahnen in this case, but it happens on ecery route where i try zusidisplay.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

What's your operating system and do 32 and 64 bit versions show this behaviour?

Carsten

F. Schn.

#6 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

henkieee6 hat geschrieben: 04.03.2024 20:54:14 I also reinstalled the sim so all settings for zusi and zusidisplay are standard.
The settings should not be resetted by reinstalling. You have to push "set to default" in both Zusi and ZusiDisplay to do a actual reset.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

henkieee6

#7 Beitrag von henkieee6 »

Thank you F Schn. I was unaware that reinstalling did not reset the settings. Surprisingly (for me at least) this did the trick! I just drove for a couple of minutes with Ebula and my memory usage stayed constant.

If I do find out what the setting was that was causing this behaviour I will surely let everyone know here for any future questions. For now I am unable to reproduce the problem.

For now I thank you both for the sulution and quick responses!

kind regards

Henk

Antworten