Finally Bought Zusi 3...

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Finally Bought Zusi 3...

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

...yes after briefly buying it a year or so back and stupidly refunding it, I have repurchased and thoroughly enjoying something a bit different to the DB experience in TSW.

Really is good though so much to do and see.

Just one bit of constructive feedback, for those of us who only have 45 to 60 minutes at a time to play, it really does need some sort of save or checkpoint system, so you can pick up a run where you left off complete with any "chaos".

Failing that perhaps there needs to be a feature to call up the last driven schedule and skip forward time and location to a station ene route, to resume from there - similar to how Open BVE or the JR East video clip drivig sim does it.

I know there are views that saving the game might be viewed as cheating, but unlike TSW there is no AP or achievements to be earned here, just the satisfaction of running the train across the route safely and successfully.

At some point I would like to take a look at the route editor too. I remember trying to do something in the Zusi 2 editor and failed utterly. First step is to understand how Transdem integrates with the actual Zusi editor so hopefully you can build routes in a similar means to Trainz, laying track on top of the DEM and mapped terrain.

Nachzugler

Re: Finally Bought Zusi 3...

#2 Beitrag von Nachzugler »

The wish to be able to save was mentioned a few times (also by me). But as far as I remember it has very low priority. It is not required for the professional version and it does not increase 'game' experience in the hobby version.

Vern

#3 Beitrag von Vern »

Nachzugler hat geschrieben: 22.02.2024 22:57:09 The wish to be able to save was mentioned a few times (also by me). But as far as I remember it has very low priority. It is not required for the professional version and it does not increase 'game' experience in the hobby version.
That's a shame. Was enjoying a run on the new Hameln section added today, but had to come off before reaching Hildesheim. Oh the frustration! Even a checkpoint style resume or as I said the ability to jump to a time/location on the schedule would help.

yxyx

#4 Beitrag von yxyx »

The only thing you can do by now is to always check the rquired time before making the decision which train to drive.

Personally I'm not a big fan of interrupting routes even with the pause function. I prefer driving them non stop, so I always make shure to have the required time available. I guess for me this wouldn't change if there would be a "Checkpoint"-feature.

Best regards
yxyx

BenniS.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpultbau

#5 Beitrag von BenniS. »

You could keep in mind at which station you have to start again after exiting the last time, then load the same route and train again and fast forward with f1 and activated autopilot to this very station, turn both off and continue the drive. But this would come with the side effect of less points at the end because of the usage of the autopilot.
beste Grüße
Benni

yxyx

#6 Beitrag von yxyx »

BenniS. hat geschrieben: 23.02.2024 09:39:37 But this would come with the side effect of less points at the end because of the usage of the autopilot.
Additionally since the autopilot uses a reduced model it may also do some mistakes which causes additional deductions in the evaluation, e.g. strong hitchhiking.

Best regards
yxyx

Vern

#7 Beitrag von Vern »

The other workaround I guess is to pick a later train but interrupt the fast forward at the time the original service was close to the point at which you left off and jump to it. Will try that later.

On that topic, how do I get the HUD digital clock to display without activating the cheat mode? At the moment there is no clock shown on the 3D driving screen unless you are actually in a cab and can check the Ebula etc. display.

A jump to station from the selected timetable IMHO would still be a worthwhile option.

Nachzugler

#8 Beitrag von Nachzugler »

We should buy the professional version. That would boost our wishes' priority. :D
Maybe some day we will get such a function, but I understand that it does not have a higher priority.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#9 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

But as far as I remember it has very low priority. It is not required for the professional version and it does not increase 'game' experience in the hobby version.
That*s nonesense, the problem is that saving and restoring the complete state of the simulation is an extremely complex task. In other simulators that are more or less one train sims that will be much easier.

Carsten

Nachzugler

#10 Beitrag von Nachzugler »

What is nonsense? That it has low priority? That it is not required for the professional version? Or that it does not increase experience?

But on a technical level, if you have time to elaborate, why is this extremely complicated? I don't know how Zusi is programmed, but in my naive understanding there should be a list or tree of all world objects. Traversing through this tree for saving and later rebuilding this tree or setting states of world objects from saved file does not look too complicated to me.
Of course I know that it would still be much work and as I made clear I'm not complaining that this feature does not exist. I'm just interested in why it would be "extremely" complicated

Vern

#11 Beitrag von Vern »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben: 23.02.2024 13:44:22
But as far as I remember it has very low priority. It is not required for the professional version and it does not increase 'game' experience in the hobby version.
That*s nonesense, the problem is that saving and restoring the complete state of the simulation is an extremely complex task. In other simulators that are more or less one train sims that will be much easier.

Carsten
I understand the issues and we have all seen the mess that can happen in TSW trying to resume a save game (it was a red signal lockup on Vorarlberg the other evening that acted as a catalyst to finally invest in Zusi 3). However the routes are getting longer and potentially it could take several hours to complete an end to end run. Obviously there are workarounds but part of the fun is being able to continue with the same delays then at the end of the run continue with another train and see how that mixes with the chaos. (Also something the TSW save cannot do as if you save on a subsequent run, then reload all the objective data vanishes).

It is what it is and don't misunderstand, I am very happy with the experience Zusi 3 is giving but it would be great if this could come at some future time.

nonesense
Aktuelle Projekte: QDmi
Fahrpult Einheitsführerstand
Ludmilla

#12 Beitrag von nonesense »

"nonesense" speaking:

It is possible to pause the simulation by pressing F2 and suspend the PC instated of shutting it down.
Might that be a viable workaround?

Vern

#13 Beitrag von Vern »

nonesense hat geschrieben: 24.02.2024 13:25:34 "nonesense" speaking:

It is possible to pause the simulation by pressing F2 and suspend the PC instated of shutting it down.
Might that be a viable workaround?
Unfortunately no, but I have been able to use one of the other workarounds.

Antworten