Whistle

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Ivan Milanov

Whistle

#1 Beitrag von Ivan Milanov »

Hello everyone I am new to zusi 3 and i have a question about the use of the horn/whistle. I read around the internet about the "p" sign but anytime i finish a timetable i get a "failed to operate whistle ".
How do I have to proceed in order to sound the horn properly.
Ps:sorry for my bad English.
Cheers,
Ivan.
Best regards,
Ivan Milanov.

LMH

Re: Whistle

#2 Beitrag von LMH »

On which trains/what timeteables does this occur?
On some timetables, depending on the timeframe the terrain is set in, you might also have to operate the horn when entering a tunnel (e.g. the module Altenbeken etc. is set like this).
In the olden times, trackmen frequented the rails to inspect them, so it was mandatory tho whistle while going into a tunnel so the could retreat to a safe place.

Ivan Milanov

#3 Beitrag von Ivan Milanov »

Also should I sound the horn when entering a tunnel even if there's no "P" sign?
Also I will post the routes later when there's the "P" sign.
Best regards,
Ivan Milanov.

LMH

#4 Beitrag von LMH »

On certain routes, yes.

Ivan Milanov

#5 Beitrag von Ivan Milanov »

I think there were routes where I drove the br 642 they were diesel routes I.e without overhead network ,only diesel locomotives and dmu.And there were "P" signs for the horn.
Best regards,
Ivan Milanov.

timo74
Aktuelle Projekte: Moderner Fahrplan Grenzlandbahnen

#6 Beitrag von timo74 »

Yes, there are such P signs on the Marschbahn route
Zusi Steam Version in der aktuellen Version

Straßenbahnschaffner

#7 Beitrag von Straßenbahnschaffner »

Hi Ivan,

regardless of route or timetable, the simulator will stop complaining if you simply follow these two rules:

1. Use the whistle at every »P« sign, just before passing it; and
2. use the whistle right before entering a tunnel.

You should press the key for at least two seconds.

It is true that the second rule does not apply to contemporary route modules. But as there are no deductions for unnecessary whistling, I would not bother to find out if the timetable uses route modules that require you to whistle before entering a tunnel or not.

Regards,
Hendrik

Ivan Milanov

#8 Beitrag von Ivan Milanov »

Straßenbahnschaffner hat geschrieben: 14.02.2024 14:56:47 Hi Ivan,

regardless of route or timetable, the simulator will stop complaining if you simply follow these two rules:

1. Use the whistle at every »P« sign, just before passing it; and
2. use the whistle right before entering a tunnel.

You should press the key for at least two seconds.

It is true that the second rule does not apply to contemporary route modules. But as there are no deductions for unnecessary whistling, I would not bother to find out if the timetable uses route modules that require you to whistle before entering a tunnel or not.

Regards,
Hendrik
Hi hendrik thanks for turning in and also to everyone else who answered me so I can truly enjoy this highly realistic simulator because I am looking for realistic physics not so much HD graphics. I just finished a route which consisted of a 185 loco plus autorack wagons and I received four times the known:"failed to operate a whistle". I tried but I am not gonna give up right now I am gonna drive the 193 with maybe freight wagons. It's one of my favorite locomotives, and I will keep trying to "beat the whistle problem".
Have a fantastic week everyone and see you soon, bye.
Best regards,
Ivan Milanov.

Thomas R.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrplanbau, überall und nirgends ;)

#9 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

Hi Ivan,

there is a pdf document with local directives ("Örtliche Richtlinien Zusi 3") for Zusi 3 routes if applicable. You can find it at:
\Zusi3\_ZusiData\Timetables\Deutschland\Infrastrukturdaten\Zusi_Oeril.pdf

The document is written in German langiage but you can easily translate it using a translator tool.

There you can find information on routes where it is mandatory to use the attention signal Zp 1 before entering a tunnel.
In detail, these are the routes 109 on page 6 and 190 on page 8.

Regards,
Thomas

Flo Zille

#10 Beitrag von Flo Zille »

Ivan Milanov hat geschrieben: 14.02.2024 21:53:54 I received four times the known:"failed to operate a whistle". I tried but I am not gonna give up right now I am gonna drive the 193 with maybe freight wagons. It's one of my favorite locomotives, and I will keep trying to "beat the whistle problem".
Make sure to:
  1. start pressing the "P" key when the "P" sign (or tunnel entrance) is pretty close to your train – maybe 1 second before you pass it
  2. keep pressing the "P" key while moving past the "P" sign (or tunnel entrance)
  3. only release the "P" key when you are sure that your locomotive has passed the "P" sign (or tunnel entrance). At least 2 seconds, or more if you're moving at a slow speed.
I used to have the same problem, but this usually works for me.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is how engineers are supposed to handle the situation in real life. My instinct would be to "whistle" a bit earlier, but Zusi doesn't appreciate that.

raretrack

#11 Beitrag von raretrack »

Flo Zille hat geschrieben: 15.02.2024 07:54:41Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is how engineers are supposed to handle the situation in real life. My instinct would be to "whistle" a bit earlier, but Zusi doesn't appreciate that.
I can't speak for Germany, but here in the UK drivers have to whistle at the whistle sign, not before. That's because the signs are placed to give the optimal warning time, and also to be properly audible to people using the crossing.

Ivan Milanov

#12 Beitrag von Ivan Milanov »

raretrack hat geschrieben: 16.02.2024 19:59:57
Flo Zille hat geschrieben: 15.02.2024 07:54:41Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is how engineers are supposed to handle the situation in real life. My instinct would be to "whistle" a bit earlier, but Zusi doesn't appreciate that.
I can't speak for Germany, but here in the UK drivers have to whistle at the whistle sign, not before. That's because the signs are placed to give the optimal warning time, and also to be properly audible to people using the crossing.
Hi raretrack thanks for turning in! I guess that in the uk you have whistle posts("W"sign i think.)and me myself sure don't know the rules there(except when i am playing run8),but now after the other users that gave me here tips i rarely get "failed to operate whistle" or should i say that i am improving in the way coresponding with how zusi 3 works.
Best regards,
Ivan Milanov.

Antworten