Train length measure

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
sziriusz12

Train length measure

#1 Beitrag von sziriusz12 »

Hi!

I just want to make a suggestion about a feauture that already exists in many many locos, multiple units, the train lenght measure for for the Flirt 2, 427 and 428.

The Flirt 3, 429 has this feauture in the game and in our country the Flirt 2 has also have this feauture, so why it isn't available? Is it an older version and it didn't have in real life? If so, why isn't there a modern version with more monitors and the middle screen that the 429 has?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings:
Szíriusz

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Train length measure

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Because you didn't build it.

Carsten

sziriusz12

#3 Beitrag von sziriusz12 »

I heard on steam that i can reach out to the authors of the trains, to make them suggestions or ask questions, isn't this the right place for that?

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#4 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

Basically yes, but you should always be aware that the authors of Zusi add-ons are hobbyists, who create the contents in their leisure time. Hence, ideas are welcome, but if it sounds too demanding, it can lead to negative reaction.

In case of vehicles nowadays there are so many different versions of the same basis that it's almost impossible to keep the overview, and creating all variants would on one hand be big effort to get all the necessary input, and on the other hand lead to an extent of maintenance which is not handleable.

sziriusz12

#5 Beitrag von sziriusz12 »

Okey thanks,

I understand that they do this in their leisure time, but i just asked why it isn't implemented if it's a feature in many other locomotives?
My second question was: Is it because of in real life this type does not have this feauture and the author just sticked to that, and not implement it? Because i saw on the 429 and many other locos that have this feauture that they have a display for that on the side monitor, which shows the remaining distance real time. This is not the case in our trains (Stadler Flirt and KISS), we can't see how much is left, we only have the alarm (beep-beep) sound which indicates the end of the measurement.

Greets
Szíriusz

Gorgi [Vale]
Aktuelle Projekte: Am Bau bei der LN6 mitwirken.

Mdl Hcknhm, (Pausiert)
Strecke 4020 & 4080 Schwetzingen(Mannheim) bis Üst. Forst / Graben-Neudorf. (Pausiert)

#6 Beitrag von Gorgi [Vale] »

Good evening,
What country is this roadrunner supposed to be in?
I think in Germany the vehicles were delivered without this function.

Gorgi

sziriusz12

#7 Beitrag von sziriusz12 »

Hi! :)

It's in Hungary.

Jens Haupert
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidisplay.de

#8 Beitrag von Jens Haupert »

Hi,

for Stadler FLIRTs you have to distinguish between the ones build by Stadler Bussnang in Switzerland / Stadler Polska in Poland and the ones build by Stadler Pankow in Germany. Both types are completely different on all cab-related topics. Zusi only supports the trains manufactured in Germany and they do not provide such a feature.

Best regards,
Jens

sziriusz12

#9 Beitrag von sziriusz12 »

Thank you very much for you answer!

We got our FLIRTs from Switzerland and the cab is really the same as the Poland FLIRTs have, but all across the world it's really simiral, just the germans have a really uniuqe looking one (with PZB/LZB, 28 switches in one line, no air brake lever, etc).

Antworten