Zusi Route Finder - Free program coming soon for Zusi users

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
SevenThunders

Zusi Route Finder - Free program coming soon for Zusi users

#1 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Hello all, i really like Zusi and i appreciate all the time that must have gone into making it so i am in the process of writing a free program for Zusi users called Zusi Route Finder.

It is a Windows program.

Its main aim is to help you keep track of what routes you have driven in Zusi.

Here are some of its features....
  • List all the routes in Zusi, along with lots of info such as train type/class, mass, length, start time, travel time, door system, route number
  • Click on a route and view the timetable for that route
  • Filter and order your routes by many different options such as train type/class, route start time, route travel length time, for example, you can list all the routes that are only between 15 to 30 minutes travel time
  • You can save out your filters and reload them at any time.
  • There are 3 custom features.... Status, Favorites' and a Note....
  • Status gives you a few options to track where you are up to with any route such as just Learning it, 50% completed etc.
  • Favorite's allows you to mark any route as a Favorite or not so you can quickly re-find it
  • Note allows you to jot down any notes about the route.
  • You will also be able to send the Timetable to a text file or CSV file so you can print it or save it etc.
  • The internet is not really needed to use Route Finder, however if you do have an internet connection you can also quickly do a google search on the Train type or the Route start and end stations
  • A gallery for your Zusi screenshots or real train pics if you have some.
  • Change theme colors of the Zusi Route Finder UI
  • Plus more :-)
Some screenshots....

BildBildBildBild

Looking for release about October

thanks all

Neil

Robke

Re: Zusi Route Finder - Free program coming soon for Zusi users

#2 Beitrag von Robke »

Sounds good! Looking forward to it👍🏻

SevenThunders

#3 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Robke hat geschrieben: 28.08.2023 14:20:39 Sounds good! Looking forward to it👍🏻
Thank you :tup

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Oh, the third aproach for a Zusi Starting programe. :) (Both others are not maintained at the moment.)

Is this programe tranlatable?
What computer language is it written in? C#, C++, or something else?
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

SevenThunders

#5 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben: 28.08.2023 14:59:30 Oh, the third aproach for a Zusi Starting programe. :) (Both others are not maintained at the moment.)

Is this programe tranlatable?
What computer language is it written in? C#, C++, or something else?
Hi, there is the possibility that i could translate it in the future, maybe just to german to begin with, but for now its in english.

It is written in C#

thanks

Neil

Robke

#6 Beitrag von Robke »

ZuSi start worked fine for me, but after ZuSi version 3.5 it didn’t. Would indeed be nice if this new program could do the same

SevenThunders

#7 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Robke hat geschrieben: 28.08.2023 15:29:00 ZuSi start worked fine for me, but after ZuSi version 3.5 it didn’t. Would indeed be nice if this new program could do the same
Hi, i am not familiar with Zusi Start? Does that automatically start Zusi at a picked route?

Zusi Route Finder does not currently auto start Zusi, it is more just to help you keep track of what routes you have driven.

You will still have to find the route yourself in Zusi, however Zusi Route Finder can help there because it tells you the Folder, the fpn. file and the Route number, with that info you
can easily find the same route in Zusi.

Thanks

Neil

Robke

#8 Beitrag von Robke »

ZuSi Start did start ZuSi after picking a train. For me that’s not really necessary. I’d sure be happy by a search and filter function. For instance duration or weight of a specific train.

SevenThunders

#9 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Robke hat geschrieben: 28.08.2023 15:50:24 ZuSi Start did start ZuSi after picking a train. For me that’s not really necessary. I’d sure be happy by a search and filter function. For instance duration or weight of a specific train.
Actually... being able to start Zusi at a set route would be a useful feature, however the developers would need to tell me if that was possible (and how) such as by supplying the Zusi.exe with certain parameters.

thanks

F. Schn.

#10 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

The previous two aproaches are called ZusiStart and ZusiLauncher ZusiStart is C#, ZusiLauncher is C++. Both are claimed to be open source, however the source of ZusiStart is not published yet. And both - also ZusiLauncher - are not mainained at the moment. I havent't tried them since Zusi 3.5 but it's likely that they do not work if you did not install Zusi 32 bit version.

Starting Zusi should work by double clicking on the trn file. This equals to passing the trn file to Zusi.exe. However, it is reported to be buggy on some computers.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

SevenThunders

#11 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben: 28.08.2023 17:45:38 The previous two aproaches are called ZusiStart and ZusiLauncher ZusiStart is C#, ZusiLauncher is C++. Both are claimed to be open source, however the source of ZusiStart is not published yet. And both - also ZusiLauncher - are not mainained at the moment. I havent't tried them since Zusi 3.5 but it's likely that they do not work if you did not install Zusi 32 bit version.

Starting Zusi should work by double clicking on the trn file. This equals to passing the trn file to Zusi.exe. However, it is reported to be buggy on some computers.
Okay, thanks for that, i may have a look at them, time permitting :tup

SevenThunders

#12 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

A quick update on what is happening with my program....

I needed more room for filters at the top of the screen so i decided to move the Filters from the top to the left of the screen with also the ability to close the Filter panel thus freeing up
more space for the rest of the Routes, Timetable, Gallery and Note....panels

Screenshots show the Filter panel (work in progress) open on the left and then also closed.... to open/close it you can use either a button or a main menu option at the top under Filter...

BildBild

timo74
Aktuelle Projekte: Moderner Fahrplan Grenzlandbahnen

#13 Beitrag von timo74 »

Looks great !
Zusi Steam Version in der aktuellen Version

SevenThunders

#14 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

timo74 hat geschrieben: 04.09.2023 22:54:13Looks great !

Thank you... i'll include some theme colours (not user changeable) so you can set to colours your prefer.... check out screenshots of 2 of them...

BildBild

SevenThunders

#15 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Oh i nearly forgot, Gallery panel at the bottom will be for Zusi screenshots, but you will be able to put any of your own images in there, such as photos of real trains etc... or even your girlfriend, keep her happy, hahaha :rolleyes:

Screenshot....

Bild

SevenThunders

#16 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Another update...
I am currently adding a bookmark feature so that you can quickly bookmark a route, you can also filter them just like you can with all routes and these will be saved so that they are there each time you re-open Route Finder, please see the screenshot that shows just some of your bookmarked routes rather than all routes....

Also, i am currently developing this on a 1920 x 1080 screen so that is the screen resolution i suggest users should have because i am unable to test it at other resolutions, however if someone out there uses a 4K screen and would like to test the program out for me and report back with the odd screenshot of what is out of place then that could help other users with 4K screens.

Please contact me on this post if you use a 4K screen and can test when the program is ready... thanks

Bild

SevenThunders

#17 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Quick Update:

A bookmarks column has now been added with an icon, and to set or clear a bookmark you can either just click on the column or use right click or menu entries.... check it out

BildBildBild

SevenThunders

#18 Beitrag von SevenThunders »

Just a quick update to say i am now writing the manual so it should not be too long before i can release... hopefully before Xmas :tup

timo74
Aktuelle Projekte: Moderner Fahrplan Grenzlandbahnen

#19 Beitrag von timo74 »

That sounds good. :tup
Zusi Steam Version in der aktuellen Version

drew-cz

#20 Beitrag von drew-cz »

SevenThunders hat geschrieben: 03.11.2023 16:57:53 Just a quick update to say i am now writing the manual so it should not be too long before i can release... hopefully before Xmas :tup
Magic! Your app is very appreciated! Looking for it. Thank you.
Ticho aka DrewCZ
ZUSI from start; MSTS->Train Simulator Classic; Trainz->TS22; TSW2 and back to ZUSI 3.0 :sonne
Farming multiplayer, ETS2, OMSI 2, The Bus
City simulations

Antworten