Scope of the Hamburg extension?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Tomas9970

Scope of the Hamburg extension?

#1 Beitrag von Tomas9970 »

Hello, I've been recently reading the Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg module thread (with auto-translate) and I have to say, what an insane and art-heavy project. However at the end, there were mentions of things that are even beyond Hamburg Hbf so I want to ask what has the project evolved into. Are you actually planning to reach Altona?

Also as a 6 year Blender user, this might be my best way to get into Zusi development as a pure 3D artist (last time I stopped before reading 3D editor docs). Could one commit to individual buildings at a time and would I need my own developer ID for that?

MBT Kuhl
Aktuelle Projekte: Wilhelmsburg, Eurodual, Restarbeiten an Fahrzeugen

Re: Scope of the Hamburg extension?

#2 Beitrag von MBT Kuhl »

Hello Tomas,
Tomas9970 hat geschrieben: 02.05.2022 19:52:37 there were mentions of things that are even beyond Hamburg Hbf so I want to ask what has the project evolved into. Are you actually planning to reach Altona?
No, we are not planning to reach Altona, that would be too ambitious :rolleyes: . Our aim is to build the mainline route further to Hamburg Hbf. The parallel S-Bahn via Hammerbrook would be too much work to do. I don't know, whether beyond is the right word. I think aside would be better for Hohe Schaar, Hamburg Süd and Hammerbrook. The only station beyond Hbf is Dammtor, which I started just for fun in 2017.
https://openrailwaymap.org/?style=stand ... 28&zoom=12
Tomas9970 hat geschrieben: 02.05.2022 19:52:37 Also as a 6 year Blender user, this might be my best way to get into Zusi development as a pure 3D artist (last time I stopped before reading 3D editor docs). Could one commit to individual buildings at a time and would I need my own developer ID for that?
You're welcome. You need a developer ID and this addon for Blender (viewtopic.php?f=72&t=11841). Otherwise it would be difficult. I still use Blender 2.69, because it works. We provide photos of nearly all buildings between Harburg and Hamburg Hbf. You can choose buildings along the line between Elbbrücken and Hamburg Hbf nearly without restrictions.

Greetings
Moritz
Ich arbeite gern für meinen Konzern. Initiative für mehr Arbeit

Tomas9970

#3 Beitrag von Tomas9970 »

Got it. In that case, I want to start working on the Campus Tower (because it's pretty symmetrical) if that's not already built.

Also there was a mention of building underground towards Jungfernstieg so that's why I thought you want to make these tunnel stations.

As for the developer ID, I'll handle that when I have something good enough to be actually added to the route.

MBT Kuhl
Aktuelle Projekte: Wilhelmsburg, Eurodual, Restarbeiten an Fahrzeugen

#4 Beitrag von MBT Kuhl »

The Campus Tower is under construction, as only three other buildings beyond Elbbrücken Station. The U4 isn't planned, but the rails and the station outside the tunnel are prepared for further extensions.

Depending on your experience, I would suggest a bit more difficult buildings for the start (e.g. the Grossmarkt, the Deichtorhallen, the buildings behind am Lohsepark ...). Simple buildings are important later to keep or regain motivation. If you don't know how to do the next few steps, you will be glad to build simple buildings within two hours. That sounds strange but after years working on Zusi3, that is one of the most important lectures. A workflow needs years to evolve.
Ich arbeite gern für meinen Konzern. Initiative für mehr Arbeit

Antworten