About ETCS and some questions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
hansjohnson

About ETCS and some questions

#1 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

I drove BR425 as a S-Bahn in "Lehrte-Uelzen". After I stop at a station, then I can't move the train, I don't know what was wrong.

In the same "Lehrte-Uelzen", I drove a BR193 under ETCS, it told me "Bestätigung Level STM", I think it means just like ETCS ends, what should I do next? I pressed ✓ on the screen, and then it told me "Ankündigung STM", then the AFB turned off automatically. should I do it just like LZB ends?

Actually I don't know anything about how to drive under ETCS, is there any English tutorial or video? And which lines can let me practice in Zusi?

Playmobil1245

Re: About ETCS and some questions

#2 Beitrag von Playmobil1245 »

Hello,

To the first:
Maybe you open the doors and not closed it again – I don't know the input key for this on the English keyboard-layout, but on the German one its “position 1 (doors on the right) and insert”.

To the second:
So you have done right with pressing the ✓
And yes – you should do the same – turn off the AFB and turn it on after Level switch again.

To the third:
Practice you can mainly take between Lüneburg and Stelle - there you have the switching between Level 2 and Level STM.
When you only want to drive with ETCS then the VDE8 between Erfurt and Theuern is an opportunity – no Level switching, but you drive with ETCS

Hope I could help you a bit – also with my broken english skills.

Greeting
Playmobil1245

SörenG

#3 Beitrag von SörenG »

Playmobil1245 hat geschrieben: 30.04.2022 17:00:05I don't know the input key for this on the English keyboard-layout, but on the German one its “position 1 (doors on the right) and insert”
"Pos1" is called "Home" on an English keyboard. "Ins(ert)" is already English, the German equivalent is "Einf(ügen)"

hansjohnson

#4 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

Playmobil1245 hat geschrieben: 30.04.2022 17:00:05 Hello,

To the first:
Maybe you open the doors and not closed it again – I don't know the input key for this on the English keyboard-layout, but on the German one its “position 1 (doors on the right) and insert”.

To the second:
So you have done right with pressing the ✓
And yes – you should do the same – turn off the AFB and turn it on after Level switch again.

To the third:
Practice you can mainly take between Lüneburg and Stelle - there you have the switching between Level 2 and Level STM.
When you only want to drive with ETCS then the VDE8 between Erfurt and Theuern is an opportunity – no Level switching, but you drive with ETCS

Hope I could help you a bit – also with my broken english skills.

Greeting
Playmobil1245
Thank you, I think I have closed the door because only the middle of the 3 lights is on.
I've also tried opening and closing the doors again, still can't start the train, there's a brief motor sound when I accelerate, but it's quiet right away.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

See mainmenu->help and then the first item.

Carsten

AlbertoZ

#6 Beitrag von AlbertoZ »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum so feel free to move or delete this post if it doesn't suit in this thread.

Yesterday I was trying to drive the BR193 Vectron on the Harburg-Lehrte Strecke but I can't understand how to configure LZB/PZB and ETCS properly. I am experienced in the ZDE-Verfahren with all Bombardier locomotives, as for example the BR146.3, where I manage to set everything up and ride without trouble.
Specifically, on the Vectron I perform all the data entry process in the main screen, for both ETCS, and then PZB, then I run both system tests, and finally when I go back to the Grundbild to select the current ETCS level to STM/NTC (as I want to drive with PZB in Harburg) nothing happens, and when I exceed 5 km/h I get a Zwangsbremsung.

Can someone help me? I can understand some German, so feel free to reply as you wish.

Kind Regards

Alberto

Sara

#7 Beitrag von Sara »

Are you trying to drive in mode SB? Bild If yes, you need to press "Main" -> "Start".

AlbertoZ

#8 Beitrag von AlbertoZ »

Thank you very much Sara! It worked and I am now able to do everything as usual. :)

Kind Regards

Alberto

Antworten