Questions about the editors

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Tomas9970

Questions about the editors

#1 Beitrag von Tomas9970 »

Hello, I've been recently messing with the Zusi's editor tools (mostly following the training route construction tutorial) and there are a few things I would like to ask about.

What is the best way to create roads? I've tried the "apply extrusion along mouse trace" tool in the 3D editor but that gives me a pretty bad resolution in curves (unless I want to precisely define a bunch of points). Should I just make all of them as splines in the track editor?

How do I delete signals and level crosssings? The checkbox to make them selectable doesn't work. I've found a way for signals where I just try to place a new one, pick replace and then exit the wizard but I feel like there has to be a proper way to do this. Also being able to move the parts would be nice.

In the timetable editor, how can I make a service start from a terminated platform? From what I understand, the train has to arrive from a spawn point to it's starting location, which in that case throws a pathfinding error because it didn't switch direction and thinks it has reached a dead end when it's just supposed to drive the other way.

Also I'm affected by that bug where the tracks are not displaying on the map but that's not the point of this post.

F. Schn.

Re: Questions about the editors

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Tomas9970 hat geschrieben: 25.08.2021 21:07:32 How do I delete signals and level crosssings?
Open the track element settings and uncheck the signal checkbox. level crossings are multiple signals in different track elements, usually two per track plus two on the road track elements.
Tomas9970 hat geschrieben: 25.08.2021 21:07:32From what I understand, the train has to arrive from a spawn point to it's starting location
Trans can start in any "route". A route is a fixed section of the track, that can be reserved for a train. It usually starts from a signals and ends at a signal. It can also start a spawn point, but this is not required, not even for spawning trains. If the spawn point is not defined or if it points in the wrong direction you will usually use the route from the entry signal to the exit signal. If you want to adjust the train position after entering the simulation within the route, you can do this in the timetable editor. See chapter 2.4.2.1 of the readme. In contrast to that, changing direction has to be advieced by the timetable (in the timetable tab of the timetable editor. See chapter 2.4.2.4.5 for further information).
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Tomas9970

Re: Questions about the editors

#3 Beitrag von Tomas9970 »

Thanks for the answer. Deleting singals works as expected and as for the timetable, I think "Aufgleispunkt" is what I want to be using for now for starting points, which simply spawns the train in place.

Antworten