LZB Allowed Speed vs. Buchfahrplan Speed

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
jstange

LZB Allowed Speed vs. Buchfahrplan Speed

#1 Beitrag von jstange »

Hi,

I was running one of the 185 freght services on Lehrte-Uelzen and the speed I saw in the "paper" and electronic Buchfahrplan was 110, later 105. However, LZB was showing 120 all the time. Which one takes precedence? I'd say the Buchfahrplan speed, as its value is lower, is the one to follow, but the analysis of my driving was also showing the limit of 120...?

Any help is appreciated.

Jan

Re: LZB Allowed Speed vs. Buchfahrplan Speed

#2 Beitrag von Jan »

No, the Buchfahrplan speeds don't apply when running under LZB.

jstange

#3 Beitrag von jstange »

Thanks a lot for your reply. So does that mean that under PZB the Buchfahrplan speeds are valid? Interestingly when I start that service I am under PZB, Buchfahrplan speed 110, but the Zusi speed analysis still says I have 120 as the limit. But if 120 is true how am I supposed to know that speed limit before LZB kicks in?

Jan

#4 Beitrag von Jan »

The speeds from the timetable do indeed apply when not running under cab signalling (LZB/ETCS).

Could you name a specific timetable and train number as an example?

jstange

#5 Beitrag von jstange »

In that case Zusi's speed evaluation is unable to take Buchfahrplan speeds into account... or the timetable is not set up correctly.

Timetable: Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr
Train: 50555

Jan

#6 Beitrag von Jan »

Native support for speed limits based on the available braking force (the reason for the 105 km/h limit) was only added comparatively recently and usage of that feature in existing route modules isn't very widespread yet. Hence most of the time, only the employee timetable has been "fudged" in order to show the correct values, but the simulator itself doesn't know about those speed limits.
There might also be a little additional weirdness in relations to trains having differing max speeds under cab signalling other than the default max. 160 kph limit.

Holger Lürkens

#7 Beitrag von Holger Lürkens »

My school English has been over for many decades and is therefore not very good. I hope you understand me anyway. I have created this timetable and Jan's statements are correct.

The book timetables of the trains correspond exactly to the original train. The lower speed comes from the braking force of the train. When traveling with LZB, the LZB notification always applies. Unfortunately, Zusi cannot implement this in the evaluation. So Zusi always shows the maximum train and line speed.

Holger

jstange

#8 Beitrag von jstange »

Many thanks for all your replies. So do I understand that correctly that whenever I am under PZB only I should follow the Buchfahrplan speed limit (i.e. 105 in my case) and when I am under LZB I can increase speed to 120, the maximum that LZB allows... ?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#9 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Yes!

Carsten

jstange

#10 Beitrag von jstange »

Thanks! :)

Antworten