Cab view and other questions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
fakenham1

Cab view and other questions

#1 Beitrag von fakenham1 »

Quick q regarding cab views. Is it possible to configure views to a particular zoom? For example, one press on the up arrow gives a great view without the cab, but it's slightly zoomed so it's hard to judge speed. I hardly ever use the next view with the up arrow (looking skyward), but It would be good if I could configure that view to the same as the previous one but at a lower zoom (about driver zoom level 27). Hope that makes sense!

Great sim by the way, really enjoying it, it really tests your signalling knowledge! I'm really enjoying the freight runs on the Harburg-Lehrte route. Haven't tried yet, but does the route run well when you increase the chaos level? I've only just realised it runs on 0.5% chaos by default, so I'm wondering if it's that level for a reason (i.e lots of services, potential for stuck services etc).
I've also noticed there is a Zusi randomiser plugin. Does this work well and does that mean the chaos level is redundant?

Thanks (from a newbie)

Jan

Re: Cab view and other questions

#2 Beitrag von Jan »

New views have to be configured individually for each cab view, so even if your idea would work, unfortunately you'd have to edit each cab individually (although in theory it'd be possible to automate the process). The main problem though would be that as far as I know, at the moment the zoom can only be configured globally via the driver zoom setting, and not individually for each cab view.

In case you didn't realise it already, the skywards looking view is intended for situations where you're closing up to a signal by the way, but depending on where and which trains you're driving, you might indeed not need it that frequently.

As for the chaos level: Remember that as currently implemented in Zusi, the chaos level influences two things:
  1. How often the virtual Zusi-signaller sends your train via a non-preferred, alternative routing
  2. How often you'll encounter a signalling failure where you'll be authorised past the failed signal via Zs 1, Zs 7 or a written order
Too high a chaos factor increasing the chance of the timetable deadlocking at some point is indeed a thing, but in the case of Harburg – Lehrte point no. 2 above is also important: Given the length of the route and the dense signal spacing, a higher chaos factor means you'll start encountering signalling failures rather frequently, possibly a bit too frequently.

I haven't tried it myself yet (and it's in German only), but one interesting alternative to increasing the chaos factor might be trying the Zusi Randomizer, which basically slightly randomises the timetables in order to simulate some amount of delays for all trains. (Too high delays of course may break/deadlock the timetable, too).

fakenham1

Re: Cab view and other questions

#3 Beitrag von fakenham1 »

Great, many thanks for your reply Jan.

I've been trying the Paderborn route with chaos at 3%, seems to work OK so far with that route, no deadlocks so far. I'll try the Harburg route with 3% and see how it goes. It's a great feature, it's nice to know each run may be slightly different, definitely adds to the immersion. With the signal failures, I guess that AI is affected by that and if so will generate delays for the player?
I'll try out the randomiser at a later date.

Thanks for the info regarding views, maybe I need to try out a dual monitor situation, scenery view on one, Zusi displays on the other.

Antworten