Whistle & 2000Hz & other questions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
hansjohnson

Whistle & 2000Hz & other questions

#1 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

I have 4 questions:

1: I saw the P sign and pressed the P, but in the end, it told me [failed to operate whistle].
I should press the P before or after the P sign? Should I press the P twice every time?

2: I drive the train at 140km/h under PZB O, the yellow triangle tells me the speed limit will be 100km/h, I decelerate the train, but the train has an emergency brake in about 15 seconds.
Maybe I decelerate too slow, but in the end, it told me [Indusi 2000Hz], Doesn't the 2000Hz magnet appear at the red light?

3: What does the F sign near the railroad means?

4: In the main menu, I can't see the detail information on the right, and I have re-install the Zusi from Steam.
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von hansjohnson am 28.03.2021 04:03:02, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original
Re: Whistle & 2000Hz & other questions

#2 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

Hi Hans,

I try some answers.

1) The whistle should be operated when passing the sign. There is some tolerance before and after. When you operate it as soon as you can see the sign, it is too early.

2) For speed reductions following applies (exceptions are possible, I limit my explanations to the normal)
to 70 km/h or less: 1000Hz PZB at announcement sign --> press "Wachsam" when passed
to 80 or 90 km/h: speed check for 95 or 105 km/h at announcement, 1000 Hz active when faster, nevertheless press "Wachsam" anyway
to 100 km/h or more: nothing at announcement, but a speed check for a speed allowing to reach required reduction some distance before start of lower speed. This speed check activates 2000 Hz PZB if you are faster there. The speed checked is - if I remember correctly - 115 km/h when limitation to be reached is 100 km/h. You can see the position where it happens by a sequence of three PZB magnets.

3) I'm not sure what "F" sign you mean. Is it located at a small building, cabin or cabinet? If yes, it's just the marking that there's a telephone ("Fernsprecher") in it.

4) can't say anything, not using Steam.

Regards Klaus
Zuletzt geändert von KlausMueller am 27.03.2021 10:47:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Zimmer
Aktuelle Projekte: Selbst + ständig = selbständig. :D

#3 Beitrag von Zimmer »

Hi Hans,

to Klaus' remarks on #2:

All Lf-Signals and all Zs3v showing a one-digit-number require you to acknowledge them by pressing "Wachsam"; although the "8" and "9" might not cause an actual 1.000-Hz influence to the engine, depending on its speed when passing (this has been installed to avoid freight trains having to slow down under 55 on restrictions only to 80 or 90).

Regards

Johannes

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#4 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

Thank you Johannes, making the action for "80" or "90" more clear. I also had a mistake, giving too high speeds for the related check limit, I have corrected it.

As additional information, not directly related to the questions: This speed check often also applies at distance signals announcing 80 or 90 km/h, but not always. Sometimes the 1000Hz is generally active also at these values. We have some signals acting like this also in our current Zusi lines, e.g. coming from the east to Lehrte. This is something annoying if you have to brake your freight train to below 55km/h even when you are already below the announced limit, but it depicts the reality.

Klaus

F. Schn.

#5 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

hansjohnson hat geschrieben: 27.03.2021 05:26:404: In the main menu, I can't see the detail information on the right, and I have re-install the Zusi from Steam.
You can switch off the detail information in Settings->Miscellaneous->Don't show timetable data in startup window.
It is not usual that a programe deletes its settings on reinstallation. However, in Zusi a reinstallation will almost never have an effect. Instead please use the "Default values" button in the settings window and follow the instructions in Settings->Miscellaneous.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Thomas R.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrplanbau, überall und nirgends ;)

#6 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

hansjohnson hat geschrieben: 27.03.2021 05:26:40 [...]
3: What does the F sign near the railroad means?
[...]
Hi,

maybe you mean the "F" signs on grey boxes containing telephone sets. These are able to reach neighboring stations directly. Since train radio became widespread these are less important than they used to be. Nevertheless you still can find them at certain places.

More information here on German. Maybe a translator tool can help you to get the rough idea.

Regards,
Thomas

hansjohnson

#7 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

Thank you guys, all the questions have been solved.

Antworten