Moving Zusi 3 to other folder in the same PC

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
stavka

Moving Zusi 3 to other folder in the same PC

#1 Beitrag von stavka »

Hi,
I want to move Zusi 3 to a SSD disc (m:) that is much more faster than the disc were it is installed (c:).
What i should do to move my Zusi 3 installation? Can i move the entire Zusi 3 folder to there?
Or i copy all the Zusi 3 contents and make a symbolic link from the c: to m: using the "mklink /J c:... m:..." ?
Thanks in advance

Jan

Re: Moving Zusi 3 to other folder in the same PC

#2 Beitrag von Jan »

If you're directly moving the installation directory, there are probably a few place that'll reference the full installation path (possibly within Zusi itself as well as certainly in Windows, e.g. for the various file type associations), so you'd have to find all those and change them to the new path, too, in which case it might be easier to simply reinstall the program from scratch.

So the alternative of using a file system junction to transparently redirect things from the original install location to your SSD might be worth a try to avoid the above problems.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#3 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

You should only move the _ZusiData folder to the ssd (and change the folder in ZusiDateiverwaltung -> settings so that Zusi can still find it)

Carsten

stavka

#4 Beitrag von stavka »

Hi, thanks a lot about help and replies. I did the suggested move the data and the changes in settings. It works well but i not saw any significant improvement in the time to load, so i reverted to the original situation.

Antworten