Changing Loks in scenario

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
LCYCowboy

Changing Loks in scenario

#1 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

Hi, This is my last question for a bit (promise).

Could someone talk my through how to change loks on a scenario using the editor. For instance I love the Husum - St Peter Ording route, but would love to drive it with a 628 (one of my favourits). Is there an easy way to swap out one of the timetabled routes (and if possible add it as an addition - keeping the original as well)?

I have tried a few things, but always get an error at the bottom of the screen saying something could not be loaded.

Thanks again,

Neil

Bahntattoo

Re: Changing Loks in scenario

#2 Beitrag von Bahntattoo »

Hi,

1. In Zusi load the timettable you want to use
2. Click "Timetable creation" in menu. Click "Edit current timetable. This will take a while because Zusi has to load all modules which are in use in this timetable, wait until the window of "Train editor" has opened
3. In Train editor's menu click "Trains" and search the timetable you want to modify
4. Double-click it. Another window will open (Train editor)
5. in Train editor click "Vehicles". There you see all vehicles in this train. Double-click on a vehicle shows it's details. With buttons on left side you can delete and replace them. To replace a multiple unit like 648 with 628 it is better to choose "Load consits..." than "Append vehicle...". In "Load consists..." you will find the full configured multiple units.
6. After replacing a vehicle confirm this window with "OK", you return back to "Train editor"
7. In Train editor click "Save timetable" and "Close"

Now in Zusi the timetable will open with the new vehicle.

Zusi saves modified timetables in public-dokuments folder, not in it's program folder. Zusi is searching all changes first in public-dokuments folder so you only have to delete the modified timetable in public-documents folder to return back to original timetable.

Note that the 628 is much slower than the 648, so you will definitely run into delays with the 628. It's because you have modified the vehicle, not the timetable itselfs.

I recommend to read first the description in the documentation in sector 2.4.2

BTW: When you describe a problem it's always better to attach a screenshot.

Hope this will help.

Best regards
Uwe

LCYCowboy

#3 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

Thank you very much for this information. I just changed the Lok in the 51280 scenario (Ruhrtalbahn) and it all worked fine!

The information about the public documents folder is invaluable. This is the think I was unsure about.

I will try an modify the Marschbahn now and have fun in the 628!

ps. I would love to drive the 420 (my favourite S-bahn from when I lived in Munich as a kid), but I suppose there are no routes for this (and no 420 either)!

LCYCowboy

#4 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

Sorry, final question on this subject.

Before I swapped to the 628 I tried the scenario and it was fine. When I swapped to the 628, the train was moving when I loaded the scenario and I got a "Abfahrt ohne Antrag" penalty. Why is the 648 stationary when the scenario starts, but the 628 rolls a little?

Bahntattoo

#5 Beitrag von Bahntattoo »

I would love to drive the 420 (my favourite S-bahn from when I lived in Munich as a kid), but I suppose there are no routes for this (and no 420 either)!

Yes, there is no 420 in Zusi.

If you are looking for certain vehicles, I recommend the external tool "Zusi Launcher". You can find it here: viewtopic.php?p=271778#p271778
The latest version can be found always at the end of post #1

With this tool you will find every lok and multiple units which are available in Zusi. It's in German, but you know where you can find help.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#6 Beitrag von jonathanp »

LCYCowboy hat geschrieben: 11.02.2021 19:14:55 Before I swapped to the 628 I tried the scenario and it was fine. When I swapped to the 628, the train was moving when I loaded the scenario and I got a "Abfahrt ohne Antrag" penalty. Why is the 648 stationary when the scenario starts, but the 628 rolls a little?
Newer units/locomotives/driving trailers have automatic electronic systems which apply low pressure braking to stop the train from rolling. As you can probably tell from the cab, the BR628 is very much an analog train and doesn't have this feature.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

LCYCowboy

#7 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

Thanks for the answer!

Is there any way to start the scenario in a 628 at Husum without it rolling? I lose points for "abfahrt ohne......." because it always rolls when the scenario starts?

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#8 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

I think there is no possibility at the moment. The problem is that the husum station is not totally flat, so that a vehicle not having the holding brake functionality (i'm not sure what's the correct english term) immediately start rolling. Just ignore the percents from the assessment.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#9 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The starting position of the brake lever should be "brake". That's probably not correct in the ftd file of the 628.

Carsten

LCYCowboy

#10 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

Could it have something to do with me using controllers (maybe default position is brakes released when starting scenario with controllers connected)?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#11 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

If they send a position Zusi will immediately use the corresponding function of the lever. Please set the lever to "braking" before you start zusi and see if the behaviour changes.

Carsten

LCYCowboy

#12 Beitrag von LCYCowboy »

I have played around with it, and still can't make the 628 be stationary at the beginning. I press f4 to advance, and the moment you go in the cab it starts rolling (even though my Thrustmaster Warthog throttle is in the brake position). There is a very small delay and then the brakes apply, but by that time the train has rolled a little it and I have lost points :(

Still, it is a small price to pay for driving a more analogue train 8)

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#13 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben: 12.02.2021 19:40:53 The starting position of the brake lever should be "brake". That's probably not correct in the ftd file of the 628.

Carsten
Maybe somene can check this and send me a correct file.

Carsten

Antworten