How to drive a train with few forward gears

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
hansjohnson

How to drive a train with few forward gears

#1 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

Hello,
Some trains, like BR146, have many forward gears, and I know higher gear means more power.
But other trains, like 612, 477 have only a few forward gears on the power handle.
Could you please tell me what's the meaning of these gears, like Aus Ab Fahrt Auf, and how to drive them smoothly.
(I don't know is it correct to use "gear" here, sorry for my poor English.)

Bild
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von hansjohnson am 17.09.2020 17:20:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

Re: How to drive a train with few forward gears

#2 Beitrag von Johannes »

In the documentation this is called an "increase/decrease control", look at section 2.7.2.2.2 for details.

hansjohnson

#3 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

Johannes hat geschrieben:In the documentation this is called an "increase/decrease control", look at section 2.7.2.2.2 for details.
Thank you very much, now I know what's that.
But I still don't know how to keep the speed smoothly. :O

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#4 Beitrag von jonathanp »

You have to think ahead and start reducing the power setting before you reach the maximum allowed speed. Watch how fast the speedometer moves and reduce the power until the speedometer stops moving.

Once you reach max speed all you have to do is adjust slightly when the gradient changes.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 19.09.2020 17:50:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

Lorhat

#5 Beitrag von Lorhat »

If it helps, you can think of this lever as a lever that itself regulates an imaginary throttle lever as you know it from a BR 146 for example. In a BR 146, the position of the throttle lever rather directly regulates how much power (i.e. 0-100%) you'd like to apply. With the increase/decrease control you would do this indirectly. If you move it to the "Auf" position, you gradually increase the position of this imaginary 0-100%-lever. If you move it to the "Ab" position, it's like you slowly pull back the "normal" throttle lever, until you have it in an appropriate position. Then put it into "Fahrt" position.

For holding speed you need to find a position (e.g. 50%) that is appropriate and then fine tune by moving the lever to the "Auf" position for a second and then into "Fahrt" again, so you gain some speed with now 55% power.

hansjohnson

#6 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

Thank you very much! I'll try it.

Antworten