BR146.3 Door Closing and Opening

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
jstange

BR146.3 Door Closing and Opening

#1 Beitrag von jstange »

Could someone please advise how to properly close and open the doors within the BR146.3 cab? It's the 7:30 service from Koeln in the K-D 0-8 timetable. I read the proper section in the manual and watched some youtube videos, the thing is that it's not behaving the same way for me in the sim as in the videos.

Per what I figured out:
To open - when below 20kph you unlock the door by moving the cab knob in the direction of the side where people will be boarding (Home, Ins). Then, when you stop, you open the door by hitting the trigger in the bottom right corner (T).
To close - you move the knob in the upper direction. In the videos I see that the door light on the desk then starts blinking and then it's stable. For me it only gets stable as soon as I move the knob upwards.

Consequently I'm getting "Forgot to lock/unlock the door" error in the final evaluation.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks a lot!

F. Schn.

Re: BR146.3 Door Closing and Opening

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

In timetables before ~~2010(?) you must press T short before you stop (after the beep). The behaviour after 2010 is not implemented at the moment so you must behave like before 2010 yet.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

snookerfan

#3 Beitrag von snookerfan »

Zusi will only accept the doors as open if you press "T" before you stop (below 3 kph, after the beep or the "Türfreigabe"-voice depending on the cab).
That is not the proper way as you mustn't open the doors before you have completely stopped.
If you press T after you stopped, which is the proper way, Zusi can't determine that you have opened the doors properly (I have forgotten why but there is a reason it doesn't work this way). And as the doors aren't officially open in this case, they close as soon as you turn back the knob.
Zuletzt geändert von snookerfan am 31.07.2020 16:54:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

snookerfan hat geschrieben:That is not the proper way as you mustn't open the doors before you have completely stopped.
I do not like it if you omit the other half of the truth and make a half lie. It was the correct behaviour untill about 2010. And it's up to the railway companies, so I don't know if there is still one, where it's correct this way.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

snookerfan

#5 Beitrag von snookerfan »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:
snookerfan hat geschrieben:That is not the proper way as you mustn't open the doors before you have completely stopped.
I do not like it if you omit the other half of the truth and make a half lie. It was the correct behaviour untill about 2010. And it's up to the railway companies, so I don't know if there is still one, where it's correct this way.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying!

jstange

#6 Beitrag von jstange »

Thanks a lot for your replies! However, it's still not clear for me how do I properly unlock and open the doors? Do I just press T shortly before the stop and that's it? No Home or Insert?

Pressing T before the stop is what I am doing with BR 146.0; 146.3 apparently has a different door handling system, are you sure about what you're saying above, guys? With 146.0 I'm getting the white-green circle when people have finished boarding, with 146.3 there is no such thing.

I just now tried to press T shorly before stopping and then pressed Home (the platform was ont he right). This resulted in the red man icon in the top left corner never to disappear and I was stuck at the station.

If it is not too much to ask, could someone please describe step by step what to do with the doors as one approaches and then departs from a station?

Many thanks!

EDIT: OK, I seem to have figured it out:

1/ you unlock using the knob on the left while still approaching the station. (Home/Insert on the keyboard)
2/ then press T when you hear the beep (as you were saying) - this is when your speed is below 3kph but before you stop.
3/ When the red man icon disappears (people stop boarding) you close and lock the doors by using the knob on the left again and placing it in the upward direction.

Thanks a lot again for all the help!
Zuletzt geändert von jstange am 01.08.2020 21:44:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

snookerfan

#7 Beitrag von snookerfan »

The window with the timetable (train data) has a second page "data"... there you can see which door system your train has.

Here's what you have to do in those cases:

---: nothing*
TB0: press T (or the physical TB0 switch in your cab) shortly before stop*
TAV: select the side on which doors shall open (either by knob or by keyboard) and then press T (or the physical TB0 switch in your cab) shortly before stop

note that this only applies if you are in a locomotive or a driving trailer as the door operation for multiple units can differ from model to model

*in these cases there is a conductor present who will close the doors and is responsible for giving you the departure signal:
Bild

in TAV case you yourself are responsible for closing the doors an determining when you can drive off again
Zuletzt geändert von snookerfan am 01.08.2020 21:53:02, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

jstange

#8 Beitrag von jstange »

Thanks a lot, that explains it all. I know the manual is describing this, but I still was not sure what to do exactly when the TAV system was used... including checking that I am actually on TAV... Thanks again, I'm driving with no door control errors now!

Kim_Olesen1

#9 Beitrag von Kim_Olesen1 »

Noob to Zusi here. I think this thread solved my problem as well.

jstange

#10 Beitrag von jstange »

Kim_Olesen1 hat geschrieben:Noob to Zusi here. I think this thread solved my problem as well.
Hi Kim, I think I know you from rail-sim.de...?

Welcome to ZUSI!! Great sim, isn't it?

Kim_Olesen1

#11 Beitrag von Kim_Olesen1 »

jstange hat geschrieben:
Kim_Olesen1 hat geschrieben:Noob to Zusi here. I think this thread solved my problem as well.
Hi Kim, I think I know you from rail-sim.de...?

Welcome to ZUSI!! Great sim, isn't it?
Hi there. Yes that’s me. Yeah slowly getting the hang of it. I really like both TS and Zusi. They are different from eachother and not really in competition for me. I think i like TS for the way i can put my creativity into it with my Real Drives. I guess they are the closest thing you get to having the “chaos function” in TS. Zusi i like because it is obviously the pro simulator.

jstange

#12 Beitrag von jstange »

Wow, so you're the author of those real drives, I totally forgot... great stuff!
And I agree 100%, TS gives you some options that Zusi does not and vice versa. I will certainly keep using both in the coming years...

Kim_Olesen1

#13 Beitrag von Kim_Olesen1 »

jstange hat geschrieben:Wow, so you're the author of those real drives, I totally forgot... great stuff!
And I agree 100%, TS gives you some options that Zusi does not and vice versa. I will certainly keep using both in the coming years...
Same here.

Antworten