Train lenght

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
VMPP

Train lenght

#1 Beitrag von VMPP »

While driving some locos, some seem to have the function ''train lenght'', which is good to clear up points or speeds.
However, it seems to come on every now and then and automatically.

Is it possible to have it on request, like press a key and use it?

Thomas B
Re: Train lenght

#2 Beitrag von Thomas B »

Do you mean the "roadrunner"? It's a feature of the EBuLa (ZusiDisplay). Per default, the measurement starts by pressing <space> key twice, so it's possible to accidentally activate due to hit SIFA button. But you can configure a different key in the ZusiDisplay settings.
Grüße,
Thomas (eh. ElektrikTrick)

VMPP

#3 Beitrag von VMPP »

yep, that's it.

But under the key commands, how is that called? can't find anything with a similar name

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

It is not shown in the key command settings because it is not part of the core programe. (At the moment there is no simple option for this.) Instead it is part of ZusiDisplay, so you have to open ZusiDisplay to configure the settings. ZusiDisplay is not translated yet (as far as I know). (In the German UI: Einstellungen->Fahrzeugfunktionen->Zuglängenzähler.)
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

janamdo

#5 Beitrag von janamdo »

How can Zusi 3 ever be for the English speaking people a userfriendly program if a important game feature is in German language ?
Zusi 3 will ever be a marginal game for English players : in other words, not many English players are willing/able to Play Zusi3.
The same issue with the Zusi datenbank where abbrevations are not explained to getting to know how the German railwaysystem is organised.

F. Schn.

#6 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Sorry, but I totally disagree.
The ZusiDisplay Settings are primary focused on multiple computers or multiple instances except of the roadrunner, that has only this single setting. The settings are perfectly hidden and it is difficult to find them at all, even for German users. And I don't see it as a "important game feature". I don't want to prevent a English translation of the settings dialog but there are much more important jobs to be done.
And I still see no hint that anyone except you needs an explanation of train types, neither in German nor in English. So I doubt if it makes sense to drag this in every English topic.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Antworten