Someone is disappointed..what is true?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
janamdo

Someone is disappointed..what is true?

#1 Beitrag von janamdo »

I found on steam a post about Zusi3
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have been a train simulator fan for over 20 something years. I can say that this Steam version of Zusi 3 is the corrupted version. I regret I bought this game. I am very disappointed with it. The game is buggy and in confusion. Do not buy it.
1. It is not possible to replay a scenario or timetable without fully quitting the game. Each time I attempt to replay a timetable I completed an error box displays with an error message in German and the game crashes so badly that in order to recover, I have to press ctr+alt+del keys, and then exit Steam client and sometimes restart the computer. So, in order to continue playing at the end of a scenario I have to exit and restart the game and wait for 3 to ten minutes to load the timetables etc.
2. All the train sets in the game have displays and screens but only few of them are functional and feature track monitoring, which displays the current track speed and location. Without the track monitoring it is not possible to know the speed limit and location unless you memorize the route or wide open your eyes to follow the trackside signs. The in-cab display buttons are dysfunctional in most of the trains. The in-game monitoring system, the “cheat screen” made to serve this purpose is also buggy and inaccurate in itself, and if you use the cheat screen you will lose credit and jeopardize your career.
3. Most of the timetables and route plans are inaccurate, and the scheduled station stops on a route and the tracks mismatch. For instance, you are scheduled to stop at a station but your train moves on the middle track which is away from the platform not on the track near the platform. So, you have to desperately miss the station. Sometimes, you stop at a platform at 0.00 km as scheduled but nothing happens; just waste of time, even though you do everything right – This includes the autopilot too.
4. Track speeds are incorrect and do not match the route plan: Some timetables and scenarios let the train pass through the stations at the speeds of 80 kmh, 160 kmh, and even 200 kmh, using the tracks near the platforms. This is insane and very unrealistic.
5. Train operation is another issue. The operation has zero tolerance. You cannot know what to do to drive the train correctly. If you do something wrong you are finished. The train remains stationary forever. You have to quit the game to recover, because the replay option will not work and will only crash the game. So, this is something like a boring puzzle you need to solve, not a simulator game to play for fun. The manual that comes with the game is useless. It has no information about train operating skills, operation protocols, station protocols etc. You are all alone to discover everything by trial and error learning. I was expecting to find a manual with some good instructions like the WOS 3 had.
6. The outside cameras suck. You press F12 to see the back of the train, but each time you do that you take a screenshot as well. This is silliness. My library is full of involuntary screenshots which I have to delete regularly.
Apart from that, if you are an occasional gamer who likes just to be on the tracks and hit the throttle to drive a high-speed train, and do not care about the realism and the details I mentioned above, you can have fun. You can feel the weight and the power of the train.
I am sure the developers know the issues I mentioned here and more but do not think that they care and will do something to fix it. I do not know anything about the other versions of this game but I do NOT recommend buying this version.

I am curious ..what is true of these experiences of this user ?

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

Re: Someone is disappointed..what is true?

#2 Beitrag von Johannes »

janamdo hat geschrieben:Some timetables and scenarios let the train pass through the stations at the speeds of 80 kmh, 160 kmh, and even 200 kmh, using the tracks near the platforms. This is insane and very unrealistic.
Trains passing a platform at 200 km/h is absolutely fine in Germany. People on the platform are warned via loudspeaker announcements just before a train passes. (And in case the loudspeakers are broken, they just put up signs that read "Attention, fast passing trains -- no loudspeaker announcements".)
janamdo hat geschrieben:6. The outside cameras suck. You press F12 to see the back of the train, but each time you do that you take a screenshot as well.
Only applies to the Steam version, and you can of course change Steam's screenshot key.

If the user can reproducibly crash Zusi by using "Restart timetable", they should probably go to this forum for help, rather than moping about it on the Steam review page where no one will see it ...

Davidorado
Aktuelle Projekte: ZusiRils div. Baureihen

#3 Beitrag von Davidorado »

I don´t own the steam version of Zusi, but I try to answer it anyway:

1. He can use RMB an click "Restart timetable" at the end of the scenario. The documentation explains it in chapter 2.1.5.2
2. When you start a scenario you get a timetable where you can determine the speedlimits and stuff. You can use ZusiDisplay and start the Electronic timetable desk. (Maybe he doesn´t even know ZusiDisplay exist?)
3. Never seen and I play Zusi 3 since the very beginning. We need detailed examples.
4. Again, we need examples. Temporary speed limits are shown in the La pdf file, which you can find in the "Infrastrukturdaten" folder.
5. I don´t understand that point at all. What does he mean? Is he not able to control the train? Like the differences in handling the brakes and the driving switch?
Well, it´s a simulation and the controls should work like in real life. You can´t expect to climb on a real BR 146 and get everything in a minute.
6. Yeah, I get that point, but the game isn´t supposed to take fancy screenshots :D TrainSimWorld would be better for that one.
Vorläufige Heimat der erstellten Zusi Rils: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ym78nb63izmq ... 7re0a?dl=0

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

What ist true of these... I tried to find the reason, but in general I can only say no, I can only disagree.

1a: See here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15572" target="_blank The bug canot be reproduced by most people, so it is unlikely that it happens on your PC. But for the same reason it is difficult to solve it (but we try it). When it occurs, killing Zusi via Taskmanager works fine. Reboot is not requried.
1b: There is only one bug, that affects loading time of the st3 files: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15790" target="_blank But no: Loading is usually done in a much shorter time.
2: This is simply not true. Instead only few trains have Displays. Nerly all of them work yet. And even if they do not work, you can use paper timetable (F6). Cheat screen (F8) is not the intended workaround.
3: No. (See Davidorado.) Maybe he found out, that some old platforms are only 380 mm.
4: No. This is absolutely normal. 160 km/h is standard, 200 km/h requrires some minor regulation, only above 200 is getting complicated.
5a: No. There is only one thing that has zero tollerance: Do not pass halt signals. Halt signals are normally red. In case of any other error, like overspeed, tripp of train control system, or something else: you can *always* continue. Even if is not realistic to continue a derailment.
5b: No. The manual chapters 2.7 to 2.12 are exactly what he describes. You are also supposed to test the Demo version first. The Demo version has a tutorial. (Note: This tutorial is not yet included in any of the full versions.)
6a: This only happens if you misconfigurate the steam client and set the screenshot function of steam to a key that is reserved by Zusi.
6b: If you dont want to drive the train yourself but run around and make screenshots, Zusi is not the right choice.

(You also noticed: the questions you (janamdo) asked in this forum and the topics that Max touched in this review does not match. So I canot follow him exept of the first point.)

Remarks: If someone has a steam account he may comment the review of Max ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... d/1040730/" target="_blank ) and add a link to this forum post.

Edit: Sorry, I tried to keep my English as simple as possible, but I failed. :P
Zuletzt geändert von F. Schn. am 03.03.2020 20:02:09, insgesamt 10-mal geändert.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Tobi2003

#5 Beitrag von Tobi2003 »

I have to add something to 1:
Most of the time it works by using the Taskmanager or by following a special way (in German it is described here), but sometimes steam has an error (next time I will make a screenshot and post it), so you can restart Zusi only by restarting the whole computer.
janamdo hat geschrieben:I am sure the developers know the issues I mentioned here and more but do not think that they care and will do something to fix it.
That is not right. Read in this forum, for example here.

BRD

#6 Beitrag von BRD »

Although I disagree with all the points presented here, I do agree with number 6.

I understand the devs decision on keeping a key-binding for a specific function but - say you're a regular Steam user who's been using Steam for ages, just because of ONE application, you have to change the Steam screenshot key. To me this honestly does not seem to be a fair solution the issue.

That's my 20 cents on this regard.

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

#7 Beitrag von Johannes »

You're of course right, but quickly suggesting workarounds for functionality Carsten is unlikely to implement is sadly the way things are done in this forum ;)

Could you test whether disabling Steam Overlay for Zusi only (via the game's properties in Steam) solves the double keybinding issue?

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#8 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I didn't know the steam shortcut - but to my mind it is a strange behaviour when an application analyzes keys when it doesn't have the focus.
You can use the menu in Zusi instead. Dynamic shortcuts will not be implementes soon.

Carsten

Antworten