Zusi 3 Hobby

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
red2112
Zusi 3 Hobby

#1 Beitrag von red2112 »

Just got my Zusi 3 Hobby edition today :)

Bild

Bild

Red
Zuletzt geändert von red2112 am 21.11.2019 18:07:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s, LG 29" Ultrawide 21:9 monitor, Logitech G13 and G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR 5.0, Corsair Void Pro 7.1 USB.

F. Schn.

Re: Zusi 3 Hobby

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Congratulations! :tup :)

Do you have any specific questions yet?

If you have any questions or if you want to help us to translate Zusi in Spanish, please feel free to ask.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

red2112

#3 Beitrag von red2112 »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:Congratulations! :tup :)

Do you have any specific questions yet?

If you have any questions or if you want to help us to translate Zusi in Spanish, please feel free to ask.
Thank you!

Well, specific questions for sure, but there´s so much to learn and things to discover as of now that I don´t know were to start hehe! But yeah, one that comes to mind with the small amount of time I have spent with it overall, is the Zusi Display. Biggest issue with this is that it´s all in German, and I don´t know German. I know some words from when I worked on the NE coast of Spain back in the 80´s, but that´s about it.

Best advise you can give me is how to get everything in english. I managed to get the main program to run in english but can´t really tell if there´s more options to switch to english. The route scenario briefing´s are all in German for example. The modern train (ICE) MFD´s are all in German aswell. Iam going through the english manual but it´s basically a overview of how the sim works, which is fine but there´s still alot of things that unless they get translated to english alot of folks will be in doubt of how to operate, aside from having a general Idea of how the German Railroad standards work. Not that the english documentation is not enough to get you running, but as in any good simmulator the more info you have the better.

With the above said, I would be more then happy to help with the Spanish translation, but for one, I need to know how everything works myself, and two, in order to do that I would need to learn it with a english layout through the whole sim. My english is native as I grew up in US and Canada when I was younger (finished High school there), but I don´t have a clue of German unless I use the Google Translatetor.

On another topic...

I would like to say that Iam very Immpressed with what I have seen so far in Zusi 3, and would like to congratulate Mr. Carsten Hölscher, and all the volunteers (team) that have made this happen. Great job!

All the best,

Mike V.
Zuletzt geändert von red2112 am 21.11.2019 20:24:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s, LG 29" Ultrawide 21:9 monitor, Logitech G13 and G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR 5.0, Corsair Void Pro 7.1 USB.

F. Schn.

#4 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

For the next update it is planned to start with some first translated briefings. But in general they contain nerly no information, so you can simply ignore them. I doubt if everyone read them, even in German.

The displays are indeed a problem. Fortunately they usually do not do more than a lamp based cabin does. Most of the displays are useless for hobby drivers. Some allows to override automatics. If you want to use them, yes they are indeed German yet. Unfortunately there is not even a English ZusiDisplay documentation yet.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

red2112

#5 Beitrag von red2112 »

Ok, thank you for your reply.

Still don´t get what they are trying to say. From page 7 of the ZusiDisplay Handbuch...

From english translation (Google):

Note 2: When using ZusiDisplay with Zusi3 for the first time, make sure that the Zusi3 TCP server is not active. You must activate this in the settings. To do this, open the Zusi3 menu "Configuration"  "Network ...". Click on the button "Start server". To activate the TCP server permanently at the start of Zusi3, open the menu "Configuration"  "Settings ...". There you select the tab "Other". Here you activate the option "Server autom. start". You can continue to adjust the send interval here if your computer has a current and powerful CPU. To do this, change the interval from the value "1.0000" to the value "0.1000".

Original text:

Hinweis 2: Bei der Erstmaligen Benutzung von ZusiDisplay mit Zusi3 achten Sie darauf, dass der TCP-Server von Zusi3 nicht aktiv ist. Diesen müssen Sie in den Einstellungen aktivieren. Dazu öffnen Sie das Zusi3-Menü „Konfiguration“  „Netzwerk...“. Hier klicken Sie auf den Button „Server starten“. Um den TCP-Server dauerhaft direkt beim Start von Zusi3 zu aktivieren öffnen Sie das Menü „Konfiguration“  „Einstellungen...“. Dort wählen Sie den Reiter „Sonstiges“. Hier aktivieren Sie die Option „Server autom. starten“. Sie können weiterhin an dieser Stelle das Sendeintervall anpassen, falls Ihr Rechner eine aktuelle und leistungsfähige CPU besitzt. Dazu ändern Sie das Intervall vom Wert „1,0000“ auf den Wert „0,1000“.

So, does the Zusi 3 TCP server have to be active or not, for the display to work?

Thank you

Red
Zuletzt geändert von red2112 am 21.11.2019 21:53:47, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

#6 Beitrag von Johannes »

The first sentence of German original text is ambiguous and confusing to a German reader as well. The TCP server must be active to use ZusiDisplay, but in a Zusi 3 default configuration it is not started automatically, so the following text explains how to start it and/or configure it to start automatically.

red2112

#7 Beitrag von red2112 »

Johannes hat geschrieben:The first sentence of German original text is ambiguous and confusing to a German reader as well. The TCP server must be active to use ZusiDisplay, but in a Zusi 3 default configuration it is not started automatically, so the following text explains how to start it and/or configure it to start automatically.
Thank you Johannes for your help. Will setup for active then.

Again thanks,

Red

Jens Haupert
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidisplay.de

#8 Beitrag von Jens Haupert »

Hello,

I have updated the corresponding text passage to be more comprehensible. An updated documentation will be published soon.

Best regards,
Jens

Frank Wenzel

#9 Beitrag von Frank Wenzel »

red2112 hat geschrieben:Just got my Zusi 3 Hobby edition today :)
Yeah :D
Have a lot of fun and greetings from France to Spain ;D
Gruß ins Forum, Frank - www.zusi-sk.eu - Youtube

janamdo

#10 Beitrag von janamdo »

(Settings in "Einstellungen"-menu in ZusiDisplay, tab "Verbindungen"):
Host: 127.0.0.1 [= localhost] Port: 1436 [I think I had no issues with my FireWall...]

(Settings in Zusi main program, tab "Sonstiges" in the Konfiguration --> Einstellungen" menu; I think you've already set that):
"Automatisch zu startende Anwendungen": [Path of ZusiDisplay.exe on my PC]
"Server autom. starten": CHECKED
Then also must be loaded a "Buchfahrplan" (trainservice ?) in ZusiDisplay : viewtopic.php?p=303781#p303781" target="_blank
Then you can see a trainservice display in the traincab( Ebula )
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 22.11.2019 16:29:24, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.

red2112

#11 Beitrag von red2112 »

Thanks Janamdo for your help. Done! Still lost in German though!

Thank you Frank for your welcome :tup

Red

janamdo

#12 Beitrag von janamdo »

red2112 hat geschrieben:Still lost in German though!
yes, even for me Dutchman and with some education in German language.
Its hard the manual for Zusidisplay :)

To start Zusi: use the leap F4 button on your keyboard, once you have loaded the train route.
When the time passing by fast accelerated the trains , there comes a moment that you are positioned in the cab
Then your train driving begins.. what train you like to drive with ?

red2112

#13 Beitrag von red2112 »

Hi janamdo,

Thank you. Yes I do know how to get started, and managed to set-up the ZusiDisplay to start with the sim, and run with a 146. All well so far but I know there´s alot more to this sim by all the German YT videos I have seen, and what made me decide to buy Zusi 3 in the first place.

Don´t really have a favorite train right now, as it´s been awhile since I played (TS2015) a train sim, and/or driven a German loco. I did have some 3rd party addons from "VirtualRailroad" ExpertLine, as the DB BR 112.1, and the DB BR 189 and DB BR 145. From "RSSLO", the OBB 2016, and the Vectron DB BR 193. Those were my fav locos at the time. Run 8 uses US locos, and TR2019 would be same as I already stated.

I just recently got back to train sims, Iam mainly a flight/tank simmer (Prepar3d v4.5, and Steel Beast Pro PE v4).

Red

janamdo

#14 Beitrag von janamdo »

Hi Red,

Ah, you are a seasoned sim player.
The train driving with the use of the pzb signalling system has no secrets for you anymore ?

Reacting on the signaling when there are different signalling sytems used in Germany
Driving in the ICE with 300 km/h, or full throtttle with a solo loc br 185 ..fun, but there is more.
I started with Zusi to try to drive on the largest freighttrain.

As simulator i like also Crusader kings (coming 3 ) and Elite Dangerous and Eurotrucksimulator (was fun to look right and left in the Truck cabin, but the cheap additional software for doing this is difficult to use and also for Elite Dangerous( i must look at this again)) to name some.
The ultimate fantasy simulator is Dwarf Fortress with a unparalleled depth of playing( but a userunfriendlu GUI, so prepate ), but Elite dangerous as fantasy simulator has depth too ( i must know try to harvest Opal Crystals to make a fortune for a fleet, but it is while ago i played it).

I never went far in the serious flight sims, but bought in earlier years some flightsims.
lets look at the flight sim on Steam platform library again.

I bought recently a new videocard (not yet delivered) what doubles the performance of the present video card.
Then i can play TS2020 or TWS with full resolution and is beneficial for playing ZUsi 3 too.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 23.11.2019 15:57:57, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Antworten