Graphical surrounding counts.

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Ignis Lupus
Aktuelle Projekte: Objektbau

Re: euro truck simulator 2 surrroundings

#21 Beitrag von Ignis Lupus »

My guess:

SCS Software has a lot more developers and a broader market. So on one hand they have more money/income and manpower to further develop the engine/game and on the other hand they have a big constant income (DLCs, MTAs, etc). In Zusi you buy the game and you are done. No need to pay for further locos or routes. Zusi also values realism in gameplay more over graphics. So a lot of development time goes, for example, into developing security systems, door controls, and other parts of real railway operations.
Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision OC 24GB VRAM | MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 RAM | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | Win10 Pro 64bit

F. Schn.

#22 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

janamdo hat geschrieben: 24.01.2021 00:41:35For not professional users is this ridiculous

Really, i don't know what he developer(s) ? has in mind with this outdated graphics for his game ?
This sounds insulting. And I'm really not sure that this is just because of the language barrier.

You already managed it to ask your question in a much friendlyer way here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15806
And your question had already been answered there (includeing Euro Truck Simulator) and the answers did not chage. (Especcially Frisca#8 and jonathanp#15.) It's not possible to change everything within a fair programming effort.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Ignis Lupus
Aktuelle Projekte: Objektbau

#23 Beitrag von Ignis Lupus »

Maybe an administrator can merge this two topics. They are quite honestly the same.
Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision OC 24GB VRAM | MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 RAM | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | Win10 Pro 64bit

hansjohnson

Re: Graphical surrounding counts.

#24 Beitrag von hansjohnson »

I don't play the night timetables, because there's no light before the train, it's too dark to see the railroad.
I can't see that door is open or close, I can only see the lights in the cab.
There's still a lot of trains with 1024*768 interior, I almost never play these trains. And when I run Zusi on a brand new 2K 16:10 screen, the 1920*1080 interior also can't be full screen.
I also play another free train game "BVE trainsim" which developed by one person, it also has very poor graphic like Zusi, but its interior can be fullscreen on most major resolution.
We cannot deny that graphic of Zusi is worse than other most games released in 2010s.

And, when ETS2 had been released in 2012, its graphic is as good as today. At that time, SCS was still a small company.
Because of its graphic, much more people can notice that game, and make it become a famous game, and let SCS become a bigger company.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#25 Beitrag von jonathanp »

To give background on a couple of things:

Cabs:
The 1024*768 "SD" cabs are old material converted from the previous generation of the software, which only supported this size. The cabs that were made specifically for this generation have higher "HD" resolution. It is the the aim of the community to upgrade all of them to HD, but obviously this takes time, and in some cases getting access to the real locomotive to take new photos. So none of these cabs exist because anyone thought it would a good idea to do it that way, but the alternative to the old cab graphics would be no graphic at all. If you prefer to pretend that they do not exist then that's fine, of course.

Doors:
The feature of moving doors has been planned for a long time and should come soon, but probably only in certain rolling stock. However, bear in mind that Zusi simulating the driver's role, and under German regulations the physical positition of the doors is of no concern to the driver. Either they use the indicator in the cab, or the train will have a qualified conductor that gives them a hand signal when it is safe for the train to depart. So moving doors is just a visual gimmick.

You are right that the Zusi graphics are not great. Particularly the lack of lighting for night driving is a shame, as you mentioned. The question is whether there is realistically any other possibility that is a viable business.
You cannot compare the market of Flight & Driving Sims with Train Simulation, the market is miniscule by comparison - just look at the vast range of joysticks, flight displays, wheels, racing seats available for purchase, wheras for Trains there is just a single product which has not been updated or replicated since it was first released in 2002. Zusi has a development team of 1 Person, and the sales do not even pay for that, the revenue actually comes mostly from selling commercial simulators for driver training. Having better night lighting is not going to change things all that much.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

F. Schn.

#26 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

hansjohnson hat geschrieben: 26.01.2021 12:19:20 I don't play the night timetables, because there's no light before the train, it's too dark to see the railroad.
Well... There was a large discussion a long time ago in this forum. The result was: This behaviour is more or less exactly what happens in the reality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2421&v=O8mV48lmvXc
The lights usually do not help. Trains do not drive on sight so the lights are usually wihtout a high luminance.

The door feature is already in the beta test. (But I can not guarantee if a large number of vehicles will implement this soon.)
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

janamdo

#27 Beitrag von janamdo »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben: 24.01.2021 08:13:05
janamdo hat geschrieben: 24.01.2021 00:41:35For not professional users is this ridiculous

Really, i don't know what he developer(s) ? has in mind with this outdated graphics for his game ?
This sounds insulting. And I'm really not sure that this is just because of the language barrier.

You already managed it to ask your question in a much friendlyer way here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15806
And your question had already been answered there (includeing Euro Truck Simulator) and the answers did not chage. (Especcially Frisca#8 and jonathanp#15.) It's not possible to change everything within a fair programming effort.
No, i do want to have the best experience in Zusi so sometimes repeating a message does not hurts someone
Zusi was original written for professional use.
Now its for commercial use in this hobby version, so the graphical standards are higher

Maybe it will never happen better graphics, because many tools for constructing a train tracksectiom in Zusi are in now in hands of hobbyists
Must be a big task to chance all development tools in modern ones.

Well i like it still to drive in a train in Zusi and buildings and stations are quite detailled , that's good and its ok

Note : i am jealous on this driving..its so realistic, but too fast?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRhvKiHswHo

Antworten