How to find the DB BR 185 locs

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
janamdo

Re: How to find the DB BR 185 locs

#21 Beitrag von janamdo »

Fantastic done info about the trainservice in English.
About the topic writing a English user manual for Zusi 3 in Wiki : It is easier if a experencied German native user of ZUsi 3 who knows all ins and outs from it, writes a German user manual on Wiki.
Then it can be translated to English and Dutch ( my language )

I am in de process of handling all programs for Zusi and a practical written manual should take a long time for me to write. ( there is not a "helicopter view" what i possess now .)
Note: there is Wiki for Zusi 3 and there could be added a section ? : user manual and a Wiki section for preparing Suzi 3 to the English version and maybe Dutch version too
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 20.10.2019 14:10:17, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

Jan

#22 Beitrag von Jan »

Michael Springer hat geschrieben:> Fernverkehr (long distance fast passenger service)
For comparison, the official UK terminology is Long Distance High Speed service.

janamdo

#23 Beitrag von janamdo »

johannes4321 hat geschrieben:There's also my ZusiLauncher, which has a search option: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13663" target="_blank (it's not localized, but UI doesn'T have that many elements ... if there is interest I eventually could add that to my TODO)

There's also ZusiStart viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14693" target="_blank which I never looked into.
Yes, i can download your ZusiLauncher from your link for the latest version ?
Version 0.4.2 i installed: useful !
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 20.10.2019 16:37:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#24 Beitrag von janamdo »

KlausMueller hat geschrieben:More helpful could be if you single-click on a train name in the list left in the timetable screen and look then into the vehicle list on the right. Trains mainly consisting of waggons with designations "A..." (1st class), "B..." (2nd class), "C..." (3rd class, historic), "Pw..." (luggage car, historic), "D" (luggage car, a little less historic), "WL" (sleeping car), "WR" (dining car), are passenger trains. Waggon designations with other letters are freight waggons.

If you have questions to specific topics in a window or screen of Zusi, it can be helpful to make a screenshot and mark the related thing and show it here.
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 21.10.2019 13:20:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#25 Beitrag von janamdo »

I try to understand this database program Zusilauncher instead the ZUSI datenbank ( more complex) or the Zustart ( won't install , get a error )
if there is interest I eventually could add that to my TODO)..what do you mean with this ?

Still not found a explanation for the abbrevation for the Zugnummer : a grey field en blank field
Is there a list for what all they mean, because the same abbrevation are used in ZUSI 3

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#26 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

See
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Zuggattungen
I don't know if there is an Englsih version of this list - maybe the google-translator can help you.

Carsten

Thomas R.
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrplanbau, überall und nirgends ;)

#27 Beitrag von Thomas R. »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:See
I don't know if there is an Englsih version of this list - maybe the google-translator can help you.

Carsten
I don't want to be a know-it-all. But just click on "English" at the bottom of the context menu on the left side to get the English (and even Dutch) translation... :hat2 ;)

janamdo

#28 Beitrag von janamdo »

Carsten
Thanks very helpful!

I am glad i got this list , because when you open a trainlist in ZUSI3 you do see these abbrevations.
Says nothing at first glance for a newcomer, if he/she see the trainlist in ZUSI 3.

Is it not better to make this more attractive ? : showing what kind of train this is in ZUSI 3 for the user where he gonna be driving in(more information ) , and with a picture maybe.

@Thomas ..i noticed this already too, thanks

janamdo

#29 Beitrag von janamdo »

Carsten
I studied the list on internet but there is no much abbrevation to find there for gattung.
On the Datenbank website there is a list under "gattung" ( type train )

As user you will see this gattung abbrevations in the trainlist in ZUSI 3
i don't understand that there is no explanation for these gattung abbrevation in order to get a idea what train you are driving ?

Do i miss something ?
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 23.10.2019 10:50:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#30 Beitrag von jonathanp »

No, there is no in-game explanation of the different train classifications/Gattungen. However, often the train services within a timetable are grouped into "Güterzüge"(cargo), "Nahvekehr"(commuter), "Fernvekehr"(long distance/express) traffic. To be honest I am not sure that the exact train classification is that important given that you are also shown the timetable and which locomotive and wagons are used.

Zusi was primarily designed as a training simulator for professional drivers that have spent months in the classroom learning how to be a train driver. If you want software that explains everything to you, I am afraid you are using the wrong program. You have to do a bit of research in order to be a Zusi power user ;)

I guess it would be a good idea to add the name of the Gattung to ZusiDatenbank though, since there is plenty of space for it. I will add it to my list of things to add :)
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 23.10.2019 11:30:46, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

janamdo

#31 Beitrag von janamdo »

Zusi was primarily designed as a training simulator for professional drivers that have spent months in the classroom learning how to be a train driver. If you want software that explains everything to you, I am afraid you are using the wrong program. You have to do a bit of research in order to be a Zusi power user ;)
Yes, i did some research to to get a impression of the German railwaysystem, but setup ZUSI and lack of some understanding is standing in the way of the actual driving experience.
I am a poweruser , because i go three times to the gym :) , and maybe i become a poweruser of ZUsi 3 ..imagine what kind of poweruser i am...lol
I guess it would be a good idea to add the name of the Gattung to ZusiDatenbank though, since there is plenty of space for it. I will add it to my list of things to add :)
I am glad with that !
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 23.10.2019 16:50:44, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

janamdo

#32 Beitrag von janamdo »

jonathanp hat geschrieben:I guess it would be a good idea to add the name of the Gattung to ZusiDatenbank though, since there is plenty of space for it. I will add it to my list of things to add :)
To get a oversight for the freighttrains and passengerstrain in your database
I searched for freighttrains
Got the whole list..with 66 pages (unfortanely the link is not working : i choose all Gattung's for freighttrains )

As starting traindriver you want to know where you can drive and what train.
I did a litttle research and noticed a few freighttrain classifications
You do want add these classification to the gattung header ( see url above)

My question is: can i filter on the freighttrain classifications ?

Suppose i do want to drive a Durchgangsggüterzuge ( don't know the definition of this classifications yet : needed a explanation of this )
In general a idea how the freightrains are organised in Germany.

Say, i want to drive the biggest/largest freighttrain : its train GM 60131 ..o that's the same train configuration of my brothers train to Kobelnz i see ( 2 locs with Erz loaded )

The Masse header means: a fully loaden train or partial loaden ?
Can i get a idea of cargo content in/on Gueterwagen

Its good for the simulation feel that i know what kind of freighttrain i driving in what it transports
Example : Its a freightrain with ertz

Ok i want go to the cab of the largest freighttrain in ZUSI 3:
- open Zusi datenbank
- select freightrain for Fahplanzüge and (header masse) gives de largest mass train.
named Fahrplanzug GM60131 (= TRAINNUMBER) (.trn) with (header lauf): Hansaport - Fallersleben
- Fahrplanzug GM60131 Timetables\Deutschland\Lehrte_Harburg\Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr\GM60131.trn
with fahrpläne : Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr.fpn
- i can open Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr.fpn in Suzi 3 and see a list of Zug Gruppen
The big Question is now how to find my train in this Zug gruppen list ?

- In Suzi 3 Datenbank the gruppen list gives the number of trains and a list of trainnumbers
On this page i must scroll thrue the list and find trainnumber GM60131 ( a unique number)
Is it not possible to add a searchfield for this?

Ok, datenbank gives 5 names of streckenmodules : in what train gruppe In ZUSI3?
What traingruppe to choose for my train and how … well a flow diagram could help
I am lost with this for now and to look in all zuggruppen manual for my trainnumber?

Is it intuiative this searching to a train with available treinservices.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 25.10.2019 16:11:03, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

jonathanp

#33 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Can you search easily for all freight trains? Yes, if you scroll down to the Zugart section you can simply untick "Reisezug" and then you will getall freight trains as the result.

I am not sure if there is any special classification for international freight trains, but I don't think so. You could however use the "Zuglauf" search field to search for the destinations of trains. For instance, here are all the trains which start or end in Rotterdam.

The Masse column is the full weight of the train, including the load. Whether the wagons are loaded or not depends on what the timetable creator selected. Most wagons in Zusi have both loaded(beladen) and empty(leer) versions available with different weights, even if the visual model is identical, for example these tank wagons.

There is no way to tell exactly what a train is for, or carries. Some wagons, for instance these wagons have different versions for coal and turnips(!), but in the case of a tank wagon, it could be carrying anything. Many trains have lots of different types of wagon carrying many different things, so there would be no simple description. In my opinion, using your imagination is an important part of enjoying the simulation experience, here I think you have to use your imagination.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 25.10.2019 15:45:45, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

janamdo

#34 Beitrag von janamdo »

jonathanp hat geschrieben: In my opinion, using your imagination is an important part of enjoying the simulation experience, here I think you have to use your imagination.
Starting with the biggest freighttrain seems to be not that easy

jonathanp

#35 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Since the entire second part of your post starting with "Ok i want go to the cab of the largest freighttrain in ZUSI 3:" was only added later by editing the post I did not see it. I will answer it seperately.

jonathanp

#36 Beitrag von jonathanp »

janamdo hat geschrieben:
The big Question is now how to find my train in this Zug gruppen list ?
Type the number into the text box on the bottom left of the list. All other trains except the one you search for will then be removed from the list.
- In Suzi 3 Datenbank the gruppen list gives the number of trains and a list of trainnumbers
On this page i must scroll thrue the list and find trainnumber GM60131 ( a unique number)
Is it not possible to add a searchfield for this?
There is a searchfield for it. It is on the front page, the second search field, "Nummer". If the train number exists in multiple timetables, you can select a particular timetable to search as well. I am not going to add search fields to any additional pages, the user interface is complicated enough already.
Ok, datenbank gives 5 names of streckenmodules : in what train gruppe In ZUSI3?
What traingruppe to choose for my train and how … well a flow diagram could help
I am lost with this for now and to look in all zuggruppen manual for my trainnumber?
I am extremely confused now what on earth you are talking about. There is no connection between route modules and train groups.
How the trains are divided into groups is up to the timetable author. It is impossible to make a 'flow chart' to choose, you must just read the description.

However since both Zusi Datenbank and Zusi enable you to search for a particular train number, this does not prevent you easily finding a specific train.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 25.10.2019 17:36:39, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#37 Beitrag von janamdo »

Yes, it is puzzling how it all works :)
I do have a trainnumber and know in what timetable it must driving, but where the train services are for this train to find?
Another question what are the destinations for the biggest freight train in SUZI 3 = train GM60131(4209 t) (Lauf Hansaport - Fallersleben) (fahrzeit 01:37 )

Hansaport : hafenbetriebsgesellschaft in HAMBURG
Fallersleben : (near Wolfsburg)

I suppose that: Timetables\Deutschland\Lehrte_Harburg\Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr\GM60131.trn is part of the lauf hansaport -Fallersleben traject?
Traject Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr is then a part of the lauf hansaport -Fallersleben traject

For this Traject Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr i can drive the train GM60131
Well even more interesting it to start in Hamburg from Lauf Hansaport and somewhere in Zug gruppen list for Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr is this train also to find (there are 4 Zug gruppen for freighttrains).

How to start with this train at Hamburg in Hansaport (if it exists on the streckenkarte ?)
From Hamburg to the south there is only Velzen to Lehrte traject ..is this train GM60131 driving on this traject ?
The train GM60131 is running from Uhr-Velzen - Lehrte, so when the train starts in Uhr i must start there in the cab.

I go now to ZUSI 3 and must pick out the timeservice..probably i go south and train GM60131 is BR 185
I found in Lehrte-Uelzen_2018_13Uhr-22Uhr only one trainservice for train GM60131 : Uelzen -Celle- Lehrte
Ok i start now in Uelzen ( what i want)..let's look

I am now in the largest freight train in Germany maybe and in the cab and standing still at 98-6 ..Uelsen is at 98 (there is no EBela) and speed 85 km (The train is stopped )

Now again following my first attempt to find the time service : i know the trainnumber and also the baureihe and with this BR number i can filter in the timetable list
in ZUSI 3 and the available treinservice is showing up.
Knowing the "lauf"of the train is needed too.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 26.10.2019 00:21:12, insgesamt 12-mal geändert.

jonathanp

#38 Beitrag von jonathanp »

I started to write some explanation of the destinations of the train, but I think there is really no value in me doing so.
If you want to know about Hansaport, Google Hansaport. There is a whole Wikipedia article about Hansaport. Why don't you read it instead of asking here?
If you want to know about Fallersleben, Google Fallersleben.
How to start with this train at Hamburg in Hansaport (if it exists on the streckenkarte ?)
As was already explained on this thread several times, the Zusi world includes only a tiny part of the German railway network. You cannot drive this train anywhere else except between Lehrte and Uelzen.
i know the trainnumber and also the baureihe and with this BR number i can filter in the timetable list
in ZUSI 3 and the available treinservice is showing up.
As I said in my last post, you can also type the train number into the same box that you type the BR number into.
Last edited by janamdo on 26.10.2019 00:21:12, edited 12 times in total.
Please stop doing this. It is confusing.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 26.10.2019 10:03:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#39 Beitrag von janamdo »

jonathanp hat geschrieben:Please stop doing this. It is confusing.
Thanks.

Sometimes i ask myself a question in the thread to show what i was thinking on, but i should this emphazise to the reading persons and did not do that ... and that makes it confusing...sorry.
But there is no user guide how to use the Datenbank in ZUSI 3 ?
For me now is the Datenbank still not clear in handling, but i think now that i do have the right approach and can work with the Datenbank .

I found the largest freighttrain in ZUSi3 , but the train was standing still 600 m before the first station ( if i am correct? )
The freighttrain could not reach his required speed then..
Should be more realistic if the train was running …. i must investigate this again
So i start over with the train...give full throttle to speed up, but ...the train goes from pzb to lzb and must learn how to read the traindata list
Reading the front display is difficult, so that makes it not easier.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 26.10.2019 11:39:27, insgesamt 11-mal geändert.

janamdo

#40 Beitrag von janamdo »

About the SUZ3 datenbank.

What is under tab "Suche Zug":

Nummer : trainnumber ?
Eintragort : ? why using this here , and Abzw (Abschweig ? ), Bft
Dekozug : ?
Neigezug : ?

Antworten