How to find the DB BR 185 locs

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
janamdo

How to find the DB BR 185 locs

#1 Beitrag von janamdo »

How to find in the timetables the DB BR 185 locs
There must be a quick way to find this train in the database of traintypes ?

Also a question about the timetable regions in Germany

For example : i went a while a go with my brother who is traindriver from Rotterdam to Koblenz with a freighttrain ( coupled locs)
I like to drive this route from the border in Holland to Koblenz : how to find this trainroute in Zusi 3?
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 18.10.2019 13:16:49, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

Re: How to find the DB BR 185 locs

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

If you want to know all 185 in your current timetable you can type 185 in the search field below the train list.
If you want to know all 185 in all timetables you can use http://www.zusidatenbank.de/" target="_blank (Result for 185: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/fahrplanzug ... neigezug=1" target="_blank )

Neither any border to Holland nor Koblenz are yet part of Zusi. The aviable modules are listed here: https://www.zusi-sk.eu/Meine-OL-Karte" target="_blank in light green (map is not up to date, so Köln-Düsseldorf is stil orange.)
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

janamdo

#3 Beitrag von janamdo »

Thanks !..makes it all more clear now
Should be interesting to drive this route from Rotterdam( Betuwe route in holland is all line signalling: ATB) to Koblenz (pzb signalling) to have in Zusi 3!

I thought also that my brother drives his freighttrain occasionally also more south from Koblenz..to ?
It has now stopped : It depends on the freight contracts.
It was along the river bank Rheine further south i thougt?

I looked at the streckenkärten and don't see ROTTERDAM on it : one of the biggest harbour in the world and many freighttrains drive from Rotterdam (Betuweroute ) to Ruhr tal area for the heavy industries there : coal trains
Must ask this ..
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 20.10.2019 18:36:12, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.

johannes4321

#4 Beitrag von johannes4321 »

There's also my ZusiLauncher, which has a search option: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13663" target="_blank (it's not localized, but UI doesn'T have that many elements ... if there is interest I eventually could add that to my TODO)

There's also ZusiStart viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14693" target="_blank which I never looked into.

janamdo

#5 Beitrag von janamdo »

Thanks !
Interesting the ZusiLauncher...what it offers more then the default searching options database? ( i must study this )
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 18.10.2019 15:33:55, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

janamdo

#6 Beitrag von janamdo »

It is not that easy to see the whole picture of Zusi 3
In order to be in able to work with the Zusi 3 datenbank , i need to know what the definition is of:

- Streckenmodule
- Fahrpläne
- Fahrplanzüge
- Fahrzeuge
- Führerstande
But there is more with abbrevations to decipher.

The English manual is lacking information about of using the two websites for : Zusi 3 datenbank and Zusi 3 streckenkarte
Also using the forum is not mentioned and the manual is not pointing to this too ( + 2 websites : datenbank and streckenkarte )

For the beginner it should be helpful to explain the numbering of the german trains written in the timetables
Also the explanation for the screen in the manual should be much more clear with arrows ( +name)pointing to the screen parts.

It is not clear yet for me if you can go direkt to a train cabin ( i did not succeed in that ..
And there are two ways of starting the game with a (two)button ( is one button not enough or do i miss something )

It is a userunfriendly (nasty) start with Zusi 3 with this present manual.

Should be helpful to make some screenshots from the databank and translate the headings from german into English and so on.
Note: luckily is the German language for me rather familiar ( got German language on school ), but it is still complicated

Really i don't understand how the developer of this software thinks with his poor manual that the English people can play this simulator.
There must be made by people a dedicated Wiki website for this , for translating all German game screens (also the screens on the datenbank website and streckekart website ) into English.

Also a introduction for the two additional websites : the datenbank website and streckekart website
Using the simulator is... first choose a train and route and secondly the actual driving (handling train, train security system , signaling).

Its crap this software..made by the developer
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 19.10.2019 00:25:11, insgesamt 8-mal geändert.

janamdo

#7 Beitrag von janamdo »

johannes4321 hat geschrieben:There's also my ZusiLauncher, which has a search option: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13663" target="_blank (it's not localized, but UI doesn'T have that many elements ... if there is interest I eventually could add that to my TODO)
Some questions:
With "it's notlocalized" you mean your program is not in the Dutch language ?
, but it has a easy UI.. luckily then.
With a "todo" you mean that you are willing to send your program to me ?
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 18.10.2019 20:15:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#8 Beitrag von jonathanp »

- Streckenmodule = Route Module(a part of a route in Zusi, usually 1 module per station)
- Fahrpläne = Timetable(in Zusi, a set of train services for a particular route)
- Fahrplanzüge = Train Service(an individual train that you can drive)
- Fahrzeuge = Rail Vehicle
- Führerstande = Driving Cab(in Zusi, a graphical model of a particular cab).

You could try using translate.google.com to translate the whole website. I will look into translating the ZusiDatenbank, English is my native language so it won't be too difficult!

You cannot start Zusi directly to the cab unfortunately, you always have to fast forward. This is because Zusi needs to simulate the movements of the other train services that start before the one you have selected. I am not sure what you mean by a "two button".
Everything you see here except the core software - the routes and vehicle models, ZusiDatenbank, ZusiLauncher, are a product of voluntary work by skilled people. Using that kind of language is not going encourage people to help you.

It's true that getting help with Zusi is not so easy if you don't understand German. But Zusi is also a complex piece of software. It is not something you can expect to learn how to use in a couple of hours.

We do already have a wiki:
http://zusiwiki.echoray.de/wiki/Hauptseite" target="_blank

If you would like to make a start on adding an English Sectiion then I'm sure that would be very welcome.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

janamdo

#9 Beitrag von janamdo »

- Streckenmodule = Route Module(a part of a route in Zusi, usually 1 module per station)
- Fahrpläne = Timetable(in Zusi, a set of train services for a particular route)

You could try using translate.google.com to translate the whole website. I will look into translating the ZusiDatenbank, English is my native language so it won't be too difficult!
Thanks!
Reading the translation you made and my own translation of these words shows already a difference : it shows how to be very precisely.
You cannot start Zusi directly to the cab unfortunately, you always have to fast forward. This is because Zusi needs to simulate the movements of the other train services that start before the one you have selected. I am not sure what you mean by a "two button".
I thought that direct entrance to the cab was possible when i read the manual
There are two buttons in the explorer screen (startscreen) for starting the simulation too
Note: naming the screenssections in the startscreen of Zusi 3 in the manual should be very helpful
It was overreacted by me to saying it is crap, but problem with complicated software is how to explain its working by the developer itself, because he has no time enough and is not strong in explanations ( that's a problem i faced also earlier with another German developer manual )

Everything you see here except the core software - the routes and vehicle models, ZusiDatenbank, ZusiLauncher, are a product of voluntary work by skilled people. Using that kind of language is not going encourage people to help you.

It's true that getting help with Zusi is not so easy if you don't understand German. But Zusi is also a complex piece of software. It is not something you can expect to learn how to use in a couple of hours.

We do already have a wiki:
http://zusiwiki.echoray.de/wiki/Hauptseite" target="_blank

If you would like to make a start on adding an English Sectiion then I'm sure that would be very welcome.
Adding a English section on your German wiki http://zusiwiki.echoray.de/wiki/Hauptseite" target="_blank, that is a good idea and lets look how this works out .
A name for this (practical) section could be : User manual Englisch Zusi 3
A introduction with a overall view of Zusi 3 to start with.
First should be handy to explain the startscreen sections in a picture and starting procedures
What can a user be expecting when he starts with the simulation ?
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 19.10.2019 12:33:51, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

janamdo

#10 Beitrag von janamdo »

To try understand this, it brings me to the timetable file were the trainservices for a trainregion are loaded in the explorer screen of ZUSI 3.
As example i loaded : Göttingen_eichenberg_umleiter_2016 with fahrrichtung Norden and Süden.
All those trainservices where are they running from? and all on the same time? ..what is my interpretation of this list of trainservices for say fahrrichtung Norden and also the naming of the trainservice.

EN 490 (120) Wien Hbf- Hamburg -Altona ….
-(120) = DB BR 120
- Hbf = mainstation= hauptbahnhof
-EN 490 ?
-Wien Hbf- Hamburg -Altona ? : there is a train running from Wien to Hamburg to Altona ( what is the connection of Wien HBf and "timetable file göttingen ? to name something

How to read a trainservice name compared with the timetable naming ?

F. Schn.

#11 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly. As a result I do not really understand what you are expecting.
I'm not sure, maybe it helps if you redefine
* trainservice
* trainregion
* Dutch
* "running from"
* "screensections"

I thik it's obvious that the left side of Zusi contains trains and the right side details. More or less the same in ZusiLauncher and ZusiStart (with different locations).

It seems like the expectation is different to the German users. (I can't remember anyone that had problemems with the terminology in the German part yet.)
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

janamdo

#12 Beitrag von janamdo »

Thanks!
I try to decipher the screens and add explanationto it ,then there is less confusing now when i ask questions
I make some progress.
But it goes about the general idea of the explorer (section)screen what the developer had in mind ..how to look to this screen.
Try to see the big picture of the railwaysystem in Germany with the main lines (Nort-South ) and how this fits with the trainservices.
F. Schn. hat geschrieben:I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly. As a result I do not really understand what you are expecting.
I'm not sure, maybe it helps if you redefine
* trainservice
* trainregion
* Dutch
* "running from"
* "screensections"

I thik it's obvious that the left side of Zusi contains trains and the right side details. More or less the same in ZusiLauncher and ZusiStart (with different locations).

It seems like the expectation is different to the German users. (I can't remember anyone that had problemems with the terminology in the German part yet.)
trainservice is the same asinthe english manual
trainregion is a notion i use for a area where the train drives in Germany ( nort, south , east, middle? )
Dutch: is The Netherlands ..i am a dutchman
running from : starts from somewhere
screensections : parts of the explorer screen in ZUSI 3 ( the computerscreen window is divided in several small windows)

It is handier to focus on screens and what all means in there
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 19.10.2019 14:49:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

jonathanp
Aktuelle Projekte: http://www.zusidatenbank.de/

#13 Beitrag von jonathanp »

Like F.Schn I am a very confused what you are asking.

The timetable Göttingen_Eichenberg_Umleitung covers the route between Göttingen and Eichenberg('Umleitung' means 'diversion'). Göttingen is north of Eichenberg, so the trains are either going north or south. This should be clear from a map. In some timetables there are multiple possible routes, but in this one there are only two. All trains run either from Göttingen to Eichenberg or Eichenberg to Göttingen.

Like most railway lines, the trains running it are going too and from many different destinations, just as the route between Rotterdam and Amsterdam does not only carries trains that start in Amsterdam and end in Rotterdam.

The train EN 490 is one of those trains. Exactly as trains in the Netherlands do it has a category(EN) and a number(490). It runs from Wien Main Station to Altona station in Hamburg. EN stands for Euronight. This is not a German thing, Euronight trains run all over Europe, until recently including the Netherlands - there was an EN447 from Amsterdam to Warsaw.

This train of course runs along many, many different railway lines, including the line from Eichenberg to Göttingen.
Zuletzt geändert von jonathanp am 19.10.2019 17:19:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Autor - Zusi 3 C++ Client, zusidatenbank.de - Das Zusi3 Addon-Datenbank

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#14 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

janamdo hat geschrieben:To try understand this, it brings me to the timetable file were the trainservices for a trainregion are loaded in the explorer screen of ZUSI 3.
As example i loaded : Göttingen_eichenberg_umleiter_2016 with fahrrichtung Norden and Süden.
All those trainservices where are they running from? and all on the same time? ..what is my interpretation of this list of trainservices for say fahrrichtung Norden and also the naming of the trainservice.

EN 490 (120) Wien Hbf- Hamburg -Altona ….
-(120) = DB BR 120
correct
janamdo hat geschrieben: - Hbf = mainstation= hauptbahnhof
correct, in this case here "Wien Hbf" is the main station in Wien
janamdo hat geschrieben: -EN 490 ?
This is the category and number of the train, here the EuroNight train with nunmber 490.
janamdo hat geschrieben: -Wien Hbf- Hamburg -Altona ? : there is a train running from Wien to Hamburg to Altona ( what is the connection of Wien HBf and "timetable file göttingen ? to name something
Wien Hbf - Hamburg Altona describes the comlete run of the real train. In Zusi only the part of the complete trainroute going along the line section of the Zusi timetable is simulated, i.e. in our case the section around Göttingen. Especially this timetable is a special one simulating a situation where a parallel line was closed for some reason and the trains were re-routed to this line, causing there different traffic than normal.
janamdo hat geschrieben: How to read a trainservice name compared with the timetable naming ?
The trainservice name is just for information to know from where to where the real train goes.

F. Schn.

#15 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Thanks. In the definition it seems you make no difference between reality and the area, that is covered by the simulation. The origin "Wien main station" is not necessarily the point where you can enter the train in the simulation.
Train number and train types are unique inside Germany, so I'm not sure why to devide Germany in regions. But again, the area that is coverd by the simulation is restricted. Inside this region, yes, all trains that drive in the specified time span are modelled and loaded in a timetable file, correct.

As you noticed Zusi is not translated into Dutch yet (only German and English), but if you are a dutchman you can help us to do so. :P (But now I understand why you mentioned this language. :P )

janamdo

#16 Beitrag von janamdo »

jonathanp hat geschrieben:Like F.Schn I am a very confused what you are asking..
I am now focussing on the screen(s) content from Zusi 3, so there will be less confusing then in the future.

Very helpful your explanation.
Further a introduction how to use the database : Zusi datenbank.. should be very helpful to see the scope from it.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 20.10.2019 00:03:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#17 Beitrag von janamdo »

janamdo hat geschrieben: -EN 490 ?
This is the category and number of the train, here the EuroNight train with nunmber 490.
janamdo hat geschrieben: -Wien Hbf- Hamburg -Altona ? : there is a train running from Wien to Hamburg to Altona ( what is the connection of Wien HBf and "timetable file göttingen ? to name something
Wien Hbf - Hamburg Altona describes the comlete run of the real train. In Zusi only the part of the complete trainroute going along the line section of the Zusi timetable is simulated, i.e. in our case the section around Göttingen. Especially this timetable is a special one simulating a situation where a parallel line was closed for some reason and the trains were re-routed to this line, causing there different traffic than normal.
janamdo hat geschrieben: How to read a trainservice name compared with the timetable naming ?
The trainservice name is just for information to know from where to where the real train goes.[/quote]

Its makes it all more clear for me, your writing.
Now i must find a list of train categories and numbers and deduct how they are related to th DB BR numbering in order to read the trainservice list to get a idea what trains (passengers, freight , ? ) are running.
Its about the interpretation of timetable screen loaded with train services =trainroute + train type on the simulation tab.

janamdo

#18 Beitrag von janamdo »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben: As you noticed Zusi is not translated into Dutch yet (only German and English), but if you are a dutchman you can help us to do so. :P (But now I understand why you mentioned this language. :P )
Writing a user manual is about driving (practical) in Zusi 3 with the core program, together with the handling of the supporting free software what is made by the Zusi community.

KlausMueller
Aktuelle Projekte: Elektrifizierung von Dänemark, Neubaustrecke Ägypten, Straßenbahn Kopenhagen usw. - im Original

#19 Beitrag von KlausMueller »

janamdo hat geschrieben: Now i must find a list of train categories and numbers and deduct how they are related to th DB BR numbering in order to read the trainservice list to get a idea what trains (passengers, freight , ? ) are running.
Its about the interpretation of timetable screen loaded with train services =trainroute + train type on the simulation tab.
For finding what type a train is forget the number. In former times it was usual that passenger trains had small numbers (1 - 4 digits) and freight trains had bigger numbers (4 to 5 digits). But nowadays this does not apply anymore. Due to the many operating companies and service contract even high 5-digit numbers can be passenger trains.

Looking at the letters describing the categories is partly more helpful, but it requires knowledge of the naming in different periods.
An example: A train named "N 4567" was a local freight train "Nahgüterzug" (with a lot of shunting stops) until the early years after WW2. Later on this number represented a local passenger service "Nahverkehrszug", stopping everywhere or almost everywhere. At the moment it's not used as far as I know.
Another expample: Such a local passenger service was formerly named "P" (Personenzug), later "N" (Nahverkehrszug) as mentioned above, now it can be named e.g. "RB" (Regionalbahn) when operated by DB, but also "AG", "NWB", "ERB", ..., depending on the operating company.
If you can find a list of categories relating to the train categories of the era to which the timetable is assigned, it can nevertheless be helpful. In some timetables the grouping of the trains can give an indication:
Fernverkehr -> long distance fast passenger service
Nahverkehr -> local passenger service
S-Bahn -> local passenger service around big cities
Güterverkehr -> Freight trains
Sonderverkehr -> extra trains, work trains, etc.

More helpful could be if you single-click on a train name in the list left in the timetable screen and look then into the vehicle list on the right. Trains mainly consisting of waggons with designations "A..." (1st class), "B..." (2nd class), "C..." (3rd class, historic), "Pw..." (luggage car, historic), "D" (luggage car, a little less historic), "WL" (sleeping car), "WR" (dining car), are passenger trains. Waggon designations with other letters are freight waggons.

If you have questions to specific topics in a window or screen of Zusi, it can be helpful to make a screenshot and mark the related thing and show it here.
Zuletzt geändert von KlausMueller am 20.10.2019 07:24:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Michael Springer

#20 Beitrag von Michael Springer »

I am destroying a little bit the theme search for 185...

I found some commentary in the steam discussion board, that some people would enjoy, when the timetable intros could be english too. I started a try to translate two of my intros. Maybe in one of the next addons it could be available for all.

This is an special edition example without german. Below the intro picture there is a text: English version below. And you have to scroll down to find the english one.

Bild

What I have forgotten and not in mind, that also the train categories (where you select the trains) must be translated for better understanding. I can imagine to do this in future with brackets
> Fernverkehr (long distance fast passenger service)
> Nahverkehr (local passenger service)
> Güterverkehr (freight trains)

For example the three terms above from Klaus, are they worldwide understandable? For this case I would appreciate, when somebody starts a wiki entry in Zusi3 wiki, where such terms or questions can be looked up.

Michael

Antworten