Hiding my name while livestreaming

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Ewo

Hiding my name while livestreaming

#1 Beitrag von Ewo »

I want to livestream this game but in many game dialogs my full name shows up and I don't want to stream that. How do I keep my name from being shown? I use OBS to stream if it makes any difference.

I can set up OBS to only show certain game windows such as the main cab view (where my name won't show up) but I also would like to stream how I'm navigating the game's menus and setting screens, to share with others what I've learnt.
I speak/Ich spreche EN & NL und Deutsch kann ich meistens verstehen. Und auch ein bisschen sprechen.

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

Re: Hiding my name while livestreaming

#2 Beitrag von Johannes »

You can't prevent Zusi from showing your name, as that is part of the "copy protection".

Maybe you can configure your streaming program to black out parts of a window. I've seen YouTube videos doing that, although those were not livestreamed videos.

The Steam edition does not display any user name, although it would be pretty stupid having to purchase it just for that purpose ...

Ewo

Re: Hiding my name while livestreaming

#3 Beitrag von Ewo »

Thanks for your reply.

That's too bad, looks like I'll have to manually edit any instructional video I make before I upload it. I can't do it live while responding to viewer feedback and questions.

Maybe if the Steam version has a big sale someday, I will grab it. It might be worth it when you consider the time saved in not having to edit a video :)
I speak/Ich spreche EN & NL und Deutsch kann ich meistens verstehen. Und auch ein bisschen sprechen.

Antworten