Sometimes got crashes in ZUSI 3

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
janamdo

Sometimes got crashes in ZUSI 3

#1 Beitrag von janamdo »

Its not the first time ZUSI3 crashes.
Just now, i used the AFB, while the throttle has some traction applied in loc 185.
Maybe i must set firs set the throttle to 0 ( no traction ) in a already moving train ?

Suppose i drive a while manual with throttle and then i go to automatic driving.

Some error reporting about a module
Is it a programming failure or my fault with bad driving ?

I am using Windows 64 bit and Zusi3 is programmed in 32 bit, that doesn't matter ofcourse.
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 28.10.2019 20:50:19, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

Re: Sometimes chrashes

#2 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

I don't know what you are talking about. If you talk about an appcrash, the crash message is missing. In this case bad driving can not be a reason. If you talk about a train trip it is caused by bad driving and reasons are written down in the report or in the menue "Hilfe->Fehlersuche" (i don't know how it is labled in English).

And Zusi is an abbreviation for (Zug) Simulator so I'm a little suprised that you mix this letters.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Chris W.
Aktuelle Projekte: "Bau einer Übungsstrecke"

#3 Beitrag von Chris W. »

Hey Jan,

I don't get the point what this has got to do with "crashes" either.

Anyway, with BR 185 it is not possible to switch between "manual" and "AFB-auto"-driving as long as throttle is set to "accelerate". This is the standard behaviour of any cab featuring AFB. I guess you've already found it out yourself - so trial and error would have helped this time ;)
Beware that a large amount of cabs does not feature AFB, so nothing might happen if you press the AFB-button although you do not accelerate.

Greetz
Chris

janamdo

#4 Beitrag von janamdo »

F. Schn. hat geschrieben:I don't know what you are talking about. If you talk about an appcrash, the crash message is missing. In this case bad driving can not be a reason. If you talk about a train trip it is caused by bad driving and reasons are written down in the report or in the menue "Hilfe->Fehlersuche" (i don't know how it is labled in English).
I asked myself what could possibly caused this error message.

i must then make a screenprint of it and show it here on the forum.
Ah.. i can also look at my driving style..super.

Ah ..did not yet know where Zusi was standing for :tup ( i was intrigued by the name )
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 28.10.2019 20:53:19, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

janamdo

#5 Beitrag von janamdo »

Chris W. hat geschrieben:Hey Jan,

I don't get the point what this has got to do with "crashes" either.
Hello Chris,

You mean my driving style then?
Anyway, with BR 185 it is not possible to switch between "manual" and "AFB-auto"-driving as long as throttle is set to "accelerate". This is the standard behaviour of any cab featuring AFB. I guess you've already found it out yourself - so trial and error would have helped this time ;)
Beware that a large amount of cabs does not feature AFB, so nothing might happen if you press the AFB-button although you do not accelerate.

Greetz
Chris
Driving in a car , you can anytime use the cruisecontrol when the throttle is pushed.
So i most set first the throttle to 0 and then using the AFB

No, did not yet found it out myself, ….there was a appcrash when i applied AFB when the throttle was set to not-accelerate ( i thought it was at a steady speed and not by speed increase of the train )

I will do a test with the AFB and throttle.

greetings

Jan

Chris W.

#6 Beitrag von Chris W. »

Hey,

well, I didn't criticise your "driving style" but rather intended to help you on the correct sequence of how to engage/disengage AFB. ;)
"Driving style", to me, is something different. For example, if someone goes from 0 km/h to "full throttle" (especially on a high-powered loco in front of a heavy freight train) or if someone brakes until 0 km/h with braking power at maximum - those would examples of bad "driving style". In some cases (wheel slippage or "hard stops") Zusi also "rewards" bad driving-style with a negative rating labelled "Schlechter Fahrstil" in the final evaluation at the end of a completed trip.

Back to topic: Concerning the crashes, I haven't experienced any crash by engaging/disengaging AFB (just tested it on the BR 185, works fine). But, as you and F. Schn. suggested, it would be helpful if you posted a screenshot of the error warning if that problem occurs again (the same applies to any error/crash in Zusi). Until then, I think, there is no need for further debate unless you've got any other question or problem with AFB. :schaffner

Cheers
Chris
Zuletzt geändert von Chris W. am 28.10.2019 21:06:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

janamdo

#7 Beitrag von janamdo »

Chris W. hat geschrieben:Hey,

it would be helpful if you posted a screenshot of the error warning if that problem occurs again (the same applies to any error/crash in Zusi). Until then, I think, there is no need for further debate unless you've got any other question or problem with AFB. :schaffner

Cheers
Chris
I will next time post a screenshot.
I face another problem (not with the AFB) with the centre display of BR 185 : can't read it clear all those messages
Besides that, also a orientation how the display is build up.

Can Zusidisplay helpful here in some sort of way ?
Is there documentation to find about this display: how do you handle all those different displays?

Cheers
Jan
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 28.10.2019 21:46:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Chris W.

#8 Beitrag von Chris W. »

I face another problem (not with the AFB) with the centre display of BR 185 : can't read it clear all those messages
Besides that, also a orientation how the display is build up.
Do you mean the display "2nd from left" or "3rd from left"?
The latter is quite self-explanatory with speed and traction power (kN, normally per traction motor) indicators. Other important things in there are PZB status (lower left) and Sifa (popping up on the lower right). Look "PZB" and "Sifa" up in the Zusi manual or on Wikipedia, if unfamiliar with those. I agree with you on that it's hard/impossible to read everything but if you're familiar with how PZB, Sifa (and also LZB) work, you shouldn't need the "extra info" provided by the tiny text-messages popping up in that display - you will just handle it by heart after some practice. If you still want a more readable version of that display, open it up in ZusiDisplay (separate Windows task). Choose "MMI/CCD-Displays --> Lokomotiven --> 185.0/185.2" in the ZusiDisplay menu.
Should you talk about the display "2nd from left", I would refer you to the ZusiDisplay documentation (chapter 6). However, speaking of myself, I seldomly pay attention to this display because it contains a lot of "technical" status info, most of which I don't understand (I've got nothing to do with the railway business in real-life...), and because it is not really essential for driving the train in Zusi.
As you know, I'm a supporter of the "trial and error"- or "learning by doing"-approach, I'd suggest you just drive around a lot in Zusi and see how the display(s) react to certain commands you give as the train driver. Apart from, for example, PZB-related commands, try also some "crazy" stuff, such as lowering the pantograph, to see which symbol(s) appear in the display(s). I would also recommend you try more "old-fashioned" locos as well (e. g. BR 218 or BR 110) because they don't have all those built-in displays but still deliver all the info you need to drive the train in Zusi.

Have fun
Chris
Zuletzt geändert von Chris W. am 29.10.2019 00:22:03, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

janamdo

#9 Beitrag von janamdo »

Hi Chris,

With Zusilauncher (although not fully understood) i could plan a train and driver time i want .. convenience.
Zusi 3 Settings on Pro .. :D + Simulation on chaos /irregularities on Max 10 % -> what does this mean in practice ?

I could use a second screen and display there the MTD and MFD displays from ZusiDisplay program in BR 185 train.
Don't know about al those speed values , when i start where ever in ZUSi3 with a train
If the train is in a (restricted) monitored state, start at a station, or somewhere else (where take the monitoring place ?)
Now in PZB 90, with the two drive regime's for freighttrains O and M

Could drive now for a while, but must be alert on a distant signs and learning to read the traindata.

Freigttrains is running from A to B ( no stops ) or running from A to B with stops or starting a freightrain from a freight station or Marshalling yard ?
Or driving all AFB trains by daylight .to name something and starting with 1/2 hour driving or longer

Now i am driving a AFB train B 112, but how to drive the train when there is no keymapping on my keyboard for the cabcontrols ?
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 29.10.2019 17:54:36, insgesamt 9-mal geändert.

Chris W.

#10 Beitrag von Chris W. »

Zusi 3 Settings on Pro .. :D + Simulation on chaos /irregularities on Max 10 % -> what does this mean in practice ?
[...]
Don't know about al those speed values , when i start where ever in ZUSi3 with a train
If the train is in a (restricted) monitored state, start at a station, or somewhere else (where take the monitoring place ?)
Now in PZB 90, with the two drive regime's for freighttrains O and M
As a beginner, I would decrease the "chaos" value to zero or almost zero. The higher the value, the more you will have to deal with "special" signals and incidents in the simulation. Examples include simulation of defunct signals or "Ersatzsignal" and "Vorsichtsignal" showing up.

With settings on "pro", of course, you should have a solid understanding of how to handle stuff like PZB, especially. You seem to have a basic understanding of it since you mentioned the different "Zugarten" (O/M/U). Now, you should look up the max. allowed speed limits for the desired "Zugart" in the different situations. A great online resource (in German) is this:
http://www.tf-ausbildung.de/BahnInfo/pzb90.htm" target="_blank (You can click on any "Zugart" at the very bottom of that page).

Any time you start a scenario and the train is not moving (that is, standing still in a yard or station) PZB "restrictive mode" is active, which means you have to stay below 45 km/h. You may escape restrictive mode ("comma" key on numpad, by default) directly, but only if you're clearly allowed to go faster than 30km/h - that is, you see a "green signal" or a "slow signal" with an indicated speed limit higher than 30 km/h.
That should be enough from my side for the start, I think the basic principles are explained well online or in the Zusi manual.

Greetz
Chris

janamdo

#11 Beitrag von janamdo »

Chris, thank you very much for your extensive help!
At least, i do have now a starting knowledge of how to do the train steering.

Hopefully hear i again from you.
Ps: your greetings : greetz ..reminds on my brother Chris..he used the same greetings for a while and is traindriver in Holland and Germany.
cheers
Jan
Zuletzt geändert von janamdo am 29.10.2019 21:01:20, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Antworten