ZusiDisplay on W10 tablet

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
MrG

ZusiDisplay on W10 tablet

#1 Beitrag von MrG »

Moin moin

I continue to be impressed with Zusi3.

I have a HP tablet running the most recent Win 10. Has anyone managed ZD on these?

I have tried;

Copying the ZusiDisplay folder to the tablet and running it from the tablet. Running it I get the TCP failed error. Do I need to copy any Zusi files too?

Going into ZusiDisplay settings on the tablet. I'm not sure what I should change to get TCP to work as a client to receive data from my PC.. but whatever; I tried a few things but cannot save any settings on the tablet because the ZusiDisplay settings window is cut off at the bottom. There is no visible save or exit button. I thought this might be a text size problem but increasing or decreasing the text doesn't help.

Aside - ZD also says it requires Net Framework 4. I downloaded this, but the OS say it cannot be installed on the tablet.

Any ideas please, feel free to move to the ZD part of the forum. One day I hope I can be helpful to other users instead of asking all the questions ?(

halfur

Re: ZusiDisplay on W10 tablet

#2 Beitrag von halfur »

As far as I know .NET Framework Version 4 is included in the current Windows Updates, so no installation should be required.

Most importantly you'd need to set the IP address of the Computer you're running Zusi on, and of course the tablet and the PC need to be on the same network. That setting should be in the tab "Connections" in the settings dialogue, but if you're unable to save that'd be of no use. In that case you could work around that by locating the configuration.xml. In a current, fresh installation from the stick (version 3.3), that's inside %appdata%\Zusi3\_Tools\ZusiDisplay\configuration.xml. Open that file with Notepad, locate the host="127.0.0.1" and host_zusi3="127.0.0.1" and change the 127.0.0.1 to the IP address of the PC that's running Zusi. Save the file and run ZusiDisplay again.

You might need to copy the Zusi3 folder from %appdata% on your PC to the tablet to get this to run, if the folder's missing on the tablet. Not sure if ZusiDisplay creates a default file if it's missing.

F. Schn.

#3 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Missing Save Button: Sounds like the same problem like this: https://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?p=297546#p297546" target="_blank
If there is an configuration.xml in the ZusiDisplay folder you can have a look if it helps to delete it.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

MrG

#4 Beitrag von MrG »

Thank you again, I'm using the Steam edition which seems to be slightly different. Rather than appdata the Zusidisplay user files are located at \Users\Public\Documents\ZusiDisplay. This folder was obviously missing from my tablet so was preventing the saves.

Edited the IP address as halfur describes. Success! :schaffner

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H1sG0Q ... sp=sharing

edit- add picture
Zuletzt geändert von MrG am 03.07.2019 15:59:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

MrG

#5 Beitrag von MrG »

Hello everyone

Could I ask for a little more help?

While almost everything on the tablet runs perfectly, I do not get PZB/LZB info on theZD MMI/MFA screens & the ZDA in the FIS to appear on the tablet's screen

They have tested working ok on the PC (where Zusi is running). Is this possible to show on the tablet? My German is not great, so I struggle a little with the ZD settings. I read instructions to say this will work when the screen is the master, but the PC with Zusi has to be my master surely

Many thanks
Zuletzt geändert von MrG am 23.07.2019 14:20:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

#6 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

I don't know if this applys to your problem, but you have to start all MMI and MFD ZusiDisplay applications before any other ZusiDisplay application like FIS or Ebula.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

TorstenonRails

#7 Beitrag von TorstenonRails »

Hab mir heute mal mein Nexus 7, was im Schrank lag, geschnappt und aufgeladen & Spacedesk installiert. Seit neuestem kann man

den Desktop auch erweitern, sprich Zusidisplay auf dem 2.Monitor rüberziehen. Latenz hab ich keine festgestellt, wenn überhaupt dann 0.5s,

für mich war keine Verzögerung spürbar & das über WLAN.

Bild

I installed Spacedesk today on my Nexus 7. In the new version of spacedesk you can now extend the Desktop. Drag and Drop ZusiDisplay on the second monitor which is now my Nexus 7.

In older versions of spacedesk there were only cloning, thats no use cause with an ext.Desktop you become a whole empty desktop & you can control ZD independent from Zusi 3.

I noticed no delay. Minimum maybe 0.5s & thats on WLAN.
Zuletzt geändert von TorstenonRails am 25.07.2019 15:14:17, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

F Sch

#8 Beitrag von F Sch »

Das ist ja nett, muss ich mal mit meinem Galaxy Tab S4 ausprobieren.

MrG

#9 Beitrag von MrG »

Thank you both.

@F. Schn. That works, I start the MMI and it works beautifully.

@TorstenonRails That is a great suggestion. Running with hardly any delay for me too. I have MMI on the Windows tablet and the other screens running on my 12 inch Android pad.

john spooner
Aktuelle Projekte: Building a Simdriving stand . and working on ideas for compact Train drivers control console.

#10 Beitrag von john spooner »

I find space desk for me the best for running Zusi display on my I-pad or my Galaxy S8 + .
so far just a simple install one both devices and off you go.

Antworten