Newbie - Aerosoft Edition

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
MrG

Newbie - Aerosoft Edition

#1 Beitrag von MrG »

Hallo

When I start Zusi it says updates are available. I download all updates and let it finish.

Now when I launch a timetable I get lots of files not found errors which did not show before the update.

I am not sure if it has actually installed them to the actual zusi 3 - steam edition folder. There appear to be these files in the appdata folder as well.

Aerosoft said to verify files through Steam, it did nothing to help. If I delete the appdata files the missing asset problem is gone, but then I don't have updated files.

Another problem. In the sim eg Br425. I get a white flashing U lamp at the start of the run. I don't know what is causing this there is no mention in the English manual. I get a pzb initiated brake once I get speed up even though I have pressed the Frei key to exit restricted monitoring. What does the flashing U lamp mean? I have selected that the zug is set in up auto mode in the options.

Danke,

Alwin Meschede
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusi3 Objektbau
Re: Newbie - Aerosoft Edition

#2 Beitrag von Alwin Meschede »

This update function is not supposed to be available in the Steam version of Zusi. Don't use it. The Steam version receives its updates exclusively through Steam.

To disable this broken Updater, uncheck the box "Check for program updates on startup" in the simulator settings.
Mein Youtube-Kanal: youtube.com/echoray1

Flo Zille

#3 Beitrag von Flo Zille »

About the flashing "U": Is it possible that's actually "Ü"? If so, I suspect it's an LZB malfunction and not related to PZB. I don't really know how to handle that situation though. It seems like you need to press Frei once to tell LZB that you noticed the malfunction, then press Frei again once you have decelerated to a certain speed to disable LZB and enable PZB, but it appears to be quite complicated. You can check out Ril 483.0202 if you understand German.

MrG

#4 Beitrag von MrG »

Many thanks to you both. Aerosoft perhaps should make it quite clear that the update tool should not be used for the steam version.

Flo Zille. I am not quite sure. It is the S Bahn Celle - Lehrte using 2x 425. The bottom right side white lamp flashes, but it is difficult to make out the text on the indicator. If I exceed v105 km/h I have the speeding alert, braking back to below 105 will stop the warning.

My German is very basic, sorry.

F Sch

#5 Beitrag von F Sch »

You could however post a screenshot or a short video depicting the indicator/lamp in question.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#6 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I have disabled the updatecheck for the next version.

Carsten

F. Schn.

#7 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

Did you change anything in the settings? Maybe "set train data manual" (I don't know how it is labled in Englsh) "Set up train protecteion manually"?
Zuletzt geändert von F. Schn. am 22.06.2019 14:14:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

MrG

#8 Beitrag von MrG »

This is not my video, but notice the Youtuber has the same flashing white lamp to begin which he does something to cancel before starting.

https://youtu.be/9Ys9PFU0xEw" target="_blank

Thanks again for help, the English manual is not as detailed as the original German version, so doesn't really talk about the setting up of the screens. My only prior knowledge is using VR trains in TS2019, I just love your German railways.

Johannes
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusitools (http://git.io/zusitools)

#9 Beitrag von Johannes »

MrG hat geschrieben:This is not my video, but notice the Youtuber has the same flashing white lamp to begin which he does something to cancel before starting.
What they do at the beginning is enter the train data (train length, braking percentage, maximum speed), which is what a real train driver would have to do at the start of each run. As this is deemed too hardcore even for Zusi standards, Zusi normally places you in a train whose train protection systems have already been set up -- except if you disable that functionality in the settings. So please, as F.Schn. already mentioned, make sure that "Set up train protection manually" is turned off in the settings.
I have selected that the zug is set in up auto mode in the options.
Is that the option I talked about or some other option (what is the exact label of the option)?

MrG

#10 Beitrag von MrG »

That "Set up train protection manually" was somehow ticked after I did the Steam verify. I did not notice, now everything works. Thanks again for your very helpful replies.

Antworten