Hasler teloc

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
ut438

Hasler teloc

#1 Beitrag von ut438 »

Hi.
I read you a while ago but I have not dared to ask you for help. My electronics skills are very poor and I'm a little embarrassed not to be able to follow your instructions.
I have been looking for posts about it but I have not found any in English to solve my problem. I have seen several in German but I do not understand it at all, not even using the Google translator. My problem is this:
I have all the controls and indicators of a real train cabin, and I'm half-working it in a room at home. Doing tests with the computer, I have no problem sending commands to the simulator using the buttons and levers (in turn connected to a leo bodnar plate), but I have no idea how to do the reverse: receive data from the simulator to to implement them to the instruments of the my can. Especially I would be excited to use the teloc hasler to see the speed of the train. I have been reading about it and I have seen that it is very complicated to be able to use the original motor, so I will choose to change it for a more usual dc. But anyway I do not know how I have to solve the following obstacles:
-Extract the information from the simulator to take it to the teloc. I do not know how or by what components.
-once done, how to make the speed coming from the simulator corresponds to the revolutions of the new motor of the teloc, so that the speed indicated by the teloc corresponds to the speed of the simulator.
I do not know if I have explained correctly.
Thank you very much for your help. If there is someone who can help me, it is clear that you are in this forum, seeing the cabins so realistic that I see that you have installed.
And I apologize for not being able to express myself in German, the Google translator offers a translation of this very bad.

Regards
Zuletzt geändert von ut438 am 19.02.2017 12:56:08, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Hasler teloc

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

You find a little demo-software with source-code that reads data from Zusi. See \_docu\demos in the Zusi-installation.
An Arduino can be used to create output-signals. You will find tutorials in the web, that explain the programming of the Aruino.
Then have to create es programme that combines both task, reading data from Zusi und controlling the Arduino.

Carsten

Steven G.
Aktuelle Projekte: Loks für Zusi 3

#3 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Hello,

There are a number of technical challenges to be overcome in order to achieve your objective. As Carsten suggested, using the Arduino or similar microcontroller probably offers the easiest option and will definitely be capable of controlling your hasler. If you have not had experience with using/programming Arduinos before it may take a bit of study and experimentation to get comfortable using them, but there are plenty of tutorials and material available on the internet to help you. The Arduino is designed to be easy to program for new users. If you are seriously interested in making your real train hardware interface with a simulation I think learning to use microcontrollers would be an invaluable skill.

I would definitely suggest breaking down the problem into manageable steps. I would suggest the first would be getting familiar with the Arduino and writing some simple programs. After that, look at what sort of dc motor you will use to drive the hasler. After you determine the motor current (and voltage) requirements, you could look at getting a "Motor Shield" for the Arduino with a suitable current/voltage capacity (and probably an additional external power supply for the motor). You would then need to write a simple program for the Arduino that would allow the Arduino (through the Motor Shield) to control the speed of the dc motor (and hence the speed displayed on the hasler). There are plenty of tutorials and program examples available to show how to setup an Arduino to control a motor. Once you get that working, the program would need to be extended to calibrate an internal value of speed in your program with the externally displayed speed on the hasler etc.

Eventually once you have this working, you can think about interfacing with Zusi to get the speed value. I think once you get some experience with the Arduino that will not be so hard to do. There are some information already I think on the forum about ways to do that.

Regards,
Steven.
Zuletzt geändert von Steven G. am 20.02.2017 05:39:00, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

ut438

#4 Beitrag von ut438 »

Many thanks to both for your answers.

To start testing, and to serve me later for this job, which arduino board could buy?I have seen that there are several types.
Would you need to buy any other components?

Thank you very much

Arne aus dem Norden
Aktuelle Projekte: Fahrpult VT628/VS928 - Versuch eines Nachbaus
Wohnort: Str.Km "6,8" der Kiel-Schönberger Eisenbahn (DB-Str. 9107)

#5 Beitrag von Arne aus dem Norden »

Hello,
ut438 hat geschrieben:To start testing, and to serve me later for this job, which arduino board could buy?
Arduino Mega 2560
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560" target="_blank
ut438 hat geschrieben:Would you need to buy any other components?
If you want to use TCP to connect Zusi you need the Ethernet Shield for Communication with the Server
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoEthernetShield" target="_blank

You can see this combination "in action" with Zusi (2) here: https://vimeo.com/139226400" target="_blank

You can also buy the older version of the Shield like this:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/W5100-Ethernet-S ... 1330722234" target="_blank
Zuletzt geändert von Arne aus dem Norden am 20.02.2017 22:19:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mein Baubericht von der echten Bahn zum Schönberger Strand:
https://www.facebook.com/Hein-Sch%C3%B6 ... 601976323/

ut438

#6 Beitrag von ut438 »

Thanks a lot.
I'll try with this components.
I hope something works ... I'll tell you.
Thanks for your information!

Antworten