Aktuelle Zeit: 20.10.2018 06:20:46

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Information on self made Rail driving controllers needed
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2016 20:22:50 

Aktuelle Projekte: Building a Simdriving stand . and working on ideas for compact Train drivers control console.
For a long time now I have wanted to build a control set-up based on realistic train driver layout , not full sized has I do not have the room.
But at least with the buttons & switches in a standard layout like Sifa . AFB. & the train protection systems along with all the levers & lights for all those & other systems.

I am good with wood being a joiner & other materials so case constructions is not an issue .

I can use Conrad Electronics to source buttons & switches & Pots
Biggest question is of controlling & communication to the PC.

Choice 1 is to use a circuit board from a game pad & wire that up to the switches & drive & brake controls. for a plug & play approach.

Choice 2 Arduino a more flexible method that would also allow me to add things like warning lights , Brake pressure gauges & many other things.
But needs programming to work & will just one Board be able to do all the needed functions ?

I have seen lots done the above item in Simracing , & I have notice a few bits in the main Zusi site going on about converting real life Train controls using Arduino has an micro controller.

All info & tips & advice are most welcome .
I need to gather information on options first so its not a next week project but I hope I can start working on a layout & the space needed inside the case over the next few months.
Thanks in advance John Spooner.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Information on self made Rail driving controllers needed
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2016 04:53:05 

Hi John!

If I got this right so far, your "Fahrpult" wouldn't be much different from the device Hubert sold the other week.

http://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12092

Zuletzt geändert von Spiritus Sanctus am 10.04.2016 04:54:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Information on self made Rail driving controllers needed
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2016 11:38:50 
Administrator

Input only is much easier. You only need a USWB-Device like Leobodnar or this:
http://shop.zusi.de/Hardware/Bausatz-US ... 4A10L.html

No programming, just a few configurations in the Zusi settings.

Carsten

Profil Website besuchen  

BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2016 14:43:29 

Aktuelle Projekte: Building a Simdriving stand . and working on ideas for compact Train drivers control console.
Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:
Input only is much easier. You only need a USWB-Device like Leobodnar or this:
http://shop.zusi.de/Hardware/Bausatz-US ... 4A10L.html

No programming, just a few configurations in the Zusi settings.

Carsten

Thanks for the information both of you, yes that was a very nice "Fahrpult" that Hubert has made .
Yes some thing along that line maybe a little more compact as rooms is an issue in our Apartment in Hamburg.
Its will have to share space with my Sim driving compact self made stand , so quick swapping is a must.

I just think its better to have some thing that is more in line with real life controls over using Key inputs those always feel a little
clumsy to use more so when still learning all the signals & Train System it can be a little bit overloading.

Thanks again. John.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]