Steam vs Aerosoft vs Website edition

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Figadas

Steam vs Aerosoft vs Website edition

#1 Beitrag von Figadas »

Hello everyone,

Proud owner of Zusi 2 wondering which version of Zusi 3 to buy.
Is there any difference between all 3 different versions of Zusi 3?
I don't want to miss on any content, so if the aerosoft and steam version are some kind of lite version, or are missing features Compared to the website (us but stick) then I rather buy straight from the website even if that means having to wait for delivery.

Thank you so much.
Regards

F Sch

Re: Steam vs Aerosoft vs Website edition

#2 Beitrag von F Sch »

There are currently only two editions:

Website version: Full Zusi 3 experience with beta updates and Ziegler-Tools (comes on a USB flash drive in a plastic box)
Aerosoft Edition/Steam version: Full Zusi 3 experience without beta updates and Ziegler-Tools available on demand (comes on DVD in a plastic/steel [?] box/as download and needs to be activated on Steam)

The Aerosoft edition comes in a box with a DVD and a Steam key. So you could also just buy it on the Steam store or at resellers. It just depends if you wish to get a fancy box with a DVD or just a Steam key. You'll also need to contact the Aerosoft support in order to get access to the Ziegler-Tools (georeferencing infrastructure plans, creating and cutting DEM, etc). Though beta updates will be avaible on the stick version only.

The website version is likely the most retro-futuristic edition. It comes on a USB flash drive but doesn't need to be activated on Steam. It's the sort of pre-DRM era version.
Zuletzt geändert von F Sch am 27.06.2019 03:30:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

F. Schn.

#3 Beitrag von F. Schn. »

If you don't speak German you should realy prefer not to participate beta tests. So this point is not relevant. There are some technical differences, you may want to translate this topic: https://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15427" target="_blank but I think nearly none of the differences is interesting for your question. The content is planned to be the same for both Steam and Website.
Diese Signatur möchte folgendes bekannter machen: ZusiWiki · ZusiSK: Streckenprojekte · YouTube: Objektbau für Zusi · euirc: Zusi-Chat

Figadas

#4 Beitrag von Figadas »

Hi,
Thank you so much both for the very detailed message.
I'll probably gonna go with the website version to support Carsten

My best regards

Antworten