Zusi 2

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Jason-M

Zusi 2

#1 Beitrag von Jason-M »

After a break I have put Zusi 2 back on my new computer and have installed all the updates/add ons, I am enjoying using Zusi again.
Question, there are a lot of good routes(strecken) out there but what would you say is the best to try?

I have been reading about the Zusi announce, have not tried it yet, is it easy to use?

And I am not going to ask about Zusi 3 because it will delay it :-)
--
Jason M

Matthias Z.

Re: Zusi 2

#2 Beitrag von Matthias Z. »

Jason-M hat geschrieben: Question, there are a lot of good routes(strecken) out there but what would you say is the best to try?
Hello Jason,

what are you meaning with this Question? Would you know, what is a good Route with many Services with Freight Trains or Passenger Trains or what Route has the best Landscape? Or what would you know?

Matthias
Die Hände des Töpfers fertigen das Gefäß.
Die Asche seiner Frau vollendet es.

Jason-M

#3 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Hello Matthias,

What route has the best Landscape.
I have not had a chance to look at all the routes yet so i thought there might be one which everyone would say " you must try".

I also like routes that are busy with big stations and yards, it is interesting driving slow passenger trains through big towns.
--
Jason M

Steven G.
Aktuelle Projekte: Loks für Zusi 3

#4 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Hi Jason,

There are many great routes, but one you should certainly try is the LinkeRheinstrecke.

Regards,
Steven.

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

#5 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

Jason-M hat geschrieben:Hello Matthias,

What route has the best Landscape.
I have not had a chance to look at all the routes yet so i thought there might be one which everyone would say " you must try".

I also like routes that are busy with big stations and yards, it is interesting driving slow passenger trains through big towns.
The routes "Streckennetz Düsseldorf" and "Linke Rheinstrecke" are those with the most detailed scenery. They also happen to be the ones with the greatest extent of tracks ( as they are among those that were published/updated recently ).

"Netz Düsseldorf" has Cologne, Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach, Krefeld as bigger stations and an suburban service between Cologne and Düsseldorf. It even reaches the Netherlands. That is in my opinion the best match of "real" routes to your taste. When it does not matter that the route is fictional, then "FRS" in the "Fantasiestrecken" folder is worth a try.

"Linke Rheinstrecke" ( especially south of Koblenz ) is also very scenic. It has the stations Colgne and Koblenz, but no suburban trains due to the setting in the 80s. But there are regional trains that do not miss a stop. Give it a try.

Christian

Matthias Z.

#6 Beitrag von Matthias Z. »

Hallo,

don't forget Wutachtalbahn and Main-Weser-Bahn. The best is, you try all Routes. Every route has it's own charme. :]

Best regards
Matthias
Die Hände des Töpfers fertigen das Gefäß.
Die Asche seiner Frau vollendet es.

Jason-M

#7 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will give those routes a try first.
--
Jason M

Vern

#8 Beitrag von Vern »

Like Jason I'm in the process of reinstalling though working through all the updates is quite time consuming.

Again without mentioning Zusi 3 (oops!) if it's not due soon would it be worth Carsten making up a new master CD/DVD of Zusi 2 to the current state of program updates and add-ons? I would quite happily pay again for this.

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

#9 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

Vern hat geschrieben:Like Jason I'm in the process of reinstalling though working through all the updates is quite time consuming.

Again without mentioning Zusi 3 (oops!) if it's not due soon would it be worth Carsten making up a new master CD/DVD of Zusi 2 to the current state of program updates and add-ons? I would quite happily pay again for this.
What number has your CD ? You may puchase a CD with number 14 at a reduced price if you are a known customer with a CD number 13 2nd Ed and older.
( See Zusi Update CD )
If I remember correctly Carsten had no intention to release a Zusi 2 CD after the one numbered 14 and in the forum he gave no hint that he had changed his mind on that.

If you allready have CD 14: Have you noticed the tool that eases the update process ? Zusi Update Tool. It starts with CD 12 but has a downside: there is no routine ( yet ) for CD13_2 -> CD 14 and CD 14 -> current. But thoses "data" files should be easy to edit as they are quit self-explanatory

Christian

Vern

#10 Beitrag von Vern »

It's CD13 2.3/2.4.

Vern

#11 Beitrag von Vern »

Just to add, everything reinstalled and up to date.

Ah, now this is how a real train driving sim should be, not like a certain other foliage heavy game, where the AI trains are there as moving scenery and the scenario editor can't even validate a simple activity with two trains on a single line!

Roland Ziegler

#12 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Vern, I followed the recent discussion in the Auran forum about product X and I have to say I quite like the way railway operations are designed in this product. It may not be prototypical and it may not attract the more sincere enthusiasts but it's certainly helpful to promote competing products.

Vern

#13 Beitrag von Vern »

I do keep meaning to dust off my plan to build Braunschweig to Wolfsburg (old route) in RW, so I can then point users to the Zusi version and point out that version is how you must really experience the line!

dekany03

#14 Beitrag von dekany03 »

Hello!

I've read many great things about Zusi 2. I'd really like to try the full version of the simulator, but unfortunately it is too expensive for me. So I'd like to ask some questions to Carsten:
- Is it possible to buy it "second-hand"?
- Does Zusi 2 support the Hungarian Train Protection System (EÉVB) ?

I'd like to build a cab controller too. I've an original Hasler Teloc speedometer, Knorr brake valve etc., but I don't have an idea, how to connect them to the computer. (I don't know anything about microcontrollers etc.) Is there anyone who can help me? I've seen great cab controllers in the German section of the site, but my German is very poor, so I need someone who tells me how to build it.
Thank you in advance!
dekany03

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#15 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

- Does Zusi 2 support the Hungarian Train Protection System (EÉVB) ?
No.
I'd like to build a cab controller too. I've an original Hasler Teloc speedometer, Knorr brake valve etc., but I don't have an idea, how to connect them to the computer. (I don't know anything about microcontrollers etc.) Is there anyone who can help me? I've seen great cab controllers in the German section of the site, but my German is very poor, so I need someone who tells me how to build it.
The way from a lever into the PC is not so difficult. You can use an old joystick or this device http://forum.zusi.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9732 which is directly supported by Zusi.
- Is it possible to buy it "second-hand"?
No - but if you want to run Zusi with a Cab-Controller, you will need more than 1000 EUR for computer, cab-hardware and interfaces. So it should not be crucial to save a few EUR bying a discount-cd.

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 17.04.2011 12:26:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten