Zusi on Portuguese Training Simulator

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Rui Fonseca

Zusi on Portuguese Training Simulator

#1 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Greetings!

In this Thread, I will post the development of a simulator equipment in Portugal

Some Background:
On the 15th June 1994 two simulator equipments were inaugurated in Oporto and Entroncamento. This was complelty new in Portugal at the time. Fernave - the company responsible for training of Railway drivers for the national rail operator CP - was assigned the mission of training engineers with this equipment.

The simulator, DX 404 developed by Belge company GDI Simulation (Giravions Dorand Industries) consisted on one PC 486 DX33 wityh win3.1 as main interface and Instructors post, one PC 386 DX33+ for control of Cabine, one Magnestoscope+VHS recorder linkd to four laserdisc readers and a full size cab recreatring a CP2600 locomotive (similar to SNCF BB17000).

This equipment served for a small number of years. As far as i was told, in 1998 one of them was already mal-functioning and as late as 2003 they were both out of order. On that same year, on a Presidencial visit to Entroncamento, the equipment was not functional for a demonstration.

After all these years, me and my CP Virtual team have challenged Fernave to let us have a try on a reabilitation of the equipment. From the old equipment, we intend to use just the cab, and interface it with a normal PC with a ReDAC from P.I. Engineering (the same guys that built Raildriver) using MSTS has a simulation platform. Programming for ReDAC will probably be done mostly in Visual Basic. It's my most fluent programming language.
At first we were only considering MSTS because most of our Portuguese add-ons are made for MSTS. But MSTS has all the I/O limitations we know, so we needed to consider a new platform. TrainZ was placed out because of software licencing for training purposes. Railsimulator was also not an option because for a few months we tried to convert all our add-ons for it and we found it to complicated.
So, we chose Zusi especially because of the I/O possibilities and all other features that, toghether with it's technical acuracy, make it a very serious simulation software. We just hope to overcame the language barrier.

Last week, Fernave sent word allowing us the oportunity for this and now we will start work!
Over the next few months I will place here photos and a description of the wok's progress.
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 05.01.2010 15:32:54, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Rui Fonseca

Re: Zusi on Portuguese Trainsing Simulator

#2 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Some images:

An aspect of the cabin, almost on drivers point of view
Bild

View from outside
Bild

Cab controls in daylight mode
Bild

Night light
Bild

Instructor Post
Bild

Cab from the outside. Two aditional screens for trainers in waiting line!
Bild

Some old equipment
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 23.12.2009 20:57:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Rui Fonseca

Re: Zusi on Portuguese Training Simulator

#3 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Hello,

Can anyone show an example for a TCP client to ask information to the TCP server (send an hello) and get an acknowledgement and get speed data,please!

If you can have C# code as an example it would be much apreciated.

Regards,
Rui

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator

#4 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The documentation of the tcp-server should contain some source-code. That's the only example I know.

Carsten

Christopher Spies

#5 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Dear Rui,

I can provide you with source code, but be warned: I'll only get around to do that some time next week.
Please send me a "private message" with your e-mail address.

Best regards
- Christopher

Rui Fonseca

#6 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Hi there mates. There's bene a long time since posting in here. We have great news about this project.
The cab already works with MSTS and very soon we will start testing it with Zusi 2. It will probably be ready in time for release of Zusi 3 full version :)

I will publish the old pics soon and a video of the cab working on an exibithion last weekend.

Cheers!

Ace

#7 Beitrag von Ace »

Hello mate, I hope you'll see this message even if the topic is old.

Do you have any recents photos of the cab/ Giravions system ? Because I am working on a SNCF Giravions Simulator.

Thanks a lot.

A.C.

Rui Fonseca

#8 Beitrag von Rui Fonseca »

Hi Ace.

Thanks for your interest on this. Unfortunetly Work has stop two years ago cause the equipment was taken from us. :(

But we managed to have it working.

watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf6Gf9umROE

sadly the demonstration is with MSTS and not with Zusi
Zuletzt geändert von Rui Fonseca am 05.08.2015 20:32:16, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Antworten