Problem installing add-ons under Vista

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
manolis

Problem installing add-ons under Vista

#1 Beitrag von manolis »

Hi again, I have zusi CD 13.2. It runs great under both Windows XP and Vista. The problem is that while
under XP all post-CD add-ons are installed flawlessly without any error messages, some of them are not installed properly under Vista resulting in many of the extra or updated routes not shown up in the 'select a route' window.
In particular, when I install add-on "cd13_v2_02_update01" I get error messages such as "Das Verzeichnis C:\...\railsim konnte nicht geloescht werden", "Datei C:\...Zusi...\Sgns\Sgns_br20-20-20Hangarnter.wag konnte nicht umbennant werden" etc.
At first I thought this was due to language indiscrepancies between my Windows local language installation and the german characters contained in the respective files so I tried the following, all without success:
- I changed my windows default language "locale" to "german" and reinstalled Zusi and all updates / add-ons
- I installed a clean english version of Vista Home premium and then I installed Zusi and add-ons again from scratch both using the default
and then the german language "locale"
- Eventually I made a clean install of the english version of Vista ultimate, which recognizes characters with "umlaut" by default without
requiring any change in language settings and once again I reinstalled Zusi and it's add-ons as well
... but again the same error messages and the same missing routes in comparison to what is installed under the same conditions under windows XP on the same PC. The same problem is also particularly noticable when installing the add-on/update of KBS110 and with some other add-ons to a lesser degree.
I was wondering if there is a remedy to this, as sooner or later XP will become obsolete and we will have no choice but to use Vista

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
Re: Problem installing add-ons under Vista

#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Vista has some restrictions in the programme-folder. By default you are not allowed to delete or change files. That seems to be the reason of the error messages.
You can either give your Zusi-folder "full access" or install Zusi somewhere else, for example c:\Zusi

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 31.10.2008 20:32:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin
Aktuelle Projekte: Aktuell keine

#3 Beitrag von Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin »

Or run the ZusiVerwaltung as Administrator (right clock on the exe and select run as Administrator) and execute manualy or switch of "Benutzerkontensteuerung"
How to waste bits in a My SQL Database?

Like this.....

manolis

#4 Beitrag von manolis »

Thank you indeed!
I can now sit back again and enjoy worry-free Zusi which I'm sure will be great with textures as it has been
- and still is - without textures for so many years now!
manolis

Antworten