Block signals showing "clear"

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Mannerheim

Block signals showing "clear"

#1 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

Hello!
First, i want to apologize in advance for my language skills, i'm from Poland. I've decided to ask my question here, because im not good in German language.
My question is about block signals. I am working on Polish signalisation now, and i am wondering if there is any option to force signals to show "clear" aspect when no train is approaching. Polish blocksignals (SBL) are working that way. They normally show green light, and red is lit only after train has entered block (section) after semaphore. Is there an method or special function responsible for that?

Greetings, Matthias Urban.

Christopher Spies

Re: Block signals showing "clear"

#2 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Matthias Urban hat geschrieben:First, i want to apologize in advance for my language skills
No need at all to apologize, since this subforum specifically addresses non-german-speaking Zusi fans.
Matthias Urban hat geschrieben:i am wondering if there is any option to force signals to show "clear" aspect when no train is approaching. Polish blocksignals (SBL) are working that way. They normally show green light, and red is lit only after train has entered block (section) after semaphore.
German "Selbstblock" (SBL) signals work the same way (those with the yellow-white-yellow-white-yellow mast plate). As far as I know, there is no special Zusi function to realize those.
But why bother at all? Since the signal is visible only as the train you´re driving approaches it, it should be sufficient to place a "REQUEST ROUTE" event sufficiently far from the signal, and/or adjust the train priorities.
If the signal still doesn´t turn green in time, well, than that´s because there is another train ahead...

- Christopher

Jason-M

#3 Beitrag von Jason-M »

I also would of liked Auto signals(what we call them in uk) but they are not possible in Zusi 2 but will be in Zusi 3 i hope.
--
Jason M

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#4 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

In German it's called Selbstblocksignal. The implementation requires the modelling of the "Erlaubnis" (permission). I am not sure, if british railway does it the same way. So in Germany two stations on a single track line can exchange the "Erlaubnis", only one station can have it at the same time. You can only set your signal to clear if you have the "Erlaubnis". This makes sure, that only one train can enter the single track.
The "Selbstblocksignal" only shows clear in the direction of the "Erlaubnis". So when the two stations exchange it, all auto signals in the first direction will change from red to green and and in the other direction from green to red.

Zusi does not know the Erlaubnis yet but I will have to implement that for Roland's signalbox-interface.

Carsten

Mannerheim

#5 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

Thanks for answers, so it looks that I'll have to wait for Zusi 3 :(
@Christopher Spies
Yes, I know that I can adjust train priority to gain that effect (or request route event), but this can help only on line with 1 or 2 tracks, with one-way block signalling. Now I am building route which contains line with 4 parallel tracks, and there is SBL on each track. When you are driving train on one of those tracks you are passing SBL signals showing "red" for other tracks, and i wanted to avoid that situation. And there is second problem with 4-aspect SBL, because i have to set at least 3000 m priority for trains. Anyway, realistic signal system can still be built and those functions i've mentioned above are only cosmetic. :)
Thanks once again for help!

Matthias

Christopher Spies

#6 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Matthias Urban hat geschrieben:Now I am building route which contains line with 4 parallel tracks, and there is SBL on each track. When you are driving train on one of those tracks you are passing SBL signals showing "red" for other tracks, and i wanted to avoid that situation.
How about using invisible block signals, then using Zusi´s "static signals" to mimic the function of the SBLs so that they show a "stop" aspect only if the subsequent block is really occupied (the same way it can be done with level crossing signals)? :rolleyes:
Still, that probably wouldn´t solve your problem as static signals can display only two aspects, and you said something about 4-aspect SBLs...
What are the two additional aspects (besides "stop" and "proceed") used for anyway? Is it a high-speed line?

- Christopher

Mannerheim

#7 Beitrag von Mannerheim »

Christopher Spies hat geschrieben: (...) Still, that probably wouldn´t solve your problem as static signals can display only two aspects, and you said something about 4-aspect SBLs...
Yes, I need signal that can show at least 3 aspects. But thanks for idea, I didn't think about that earlier...
What are the two additional aspects (besides "stop" and "proceed") used for anyway? Is it a high-speed line?
4-aspect SBL is used on lines with max. speed 160 km/h and more.
The two additional aspects are:
- yellow light (approach, next signal shows "stop"),
- green blinking light (advanced approach, second next signal shows "stop").
In Poland on lines with speed lower than 160km/h (most of lines) 3-aspect SBL is used (without adv. approach aspect). Unlike in Germany, there are no distant signals ("Tarcza ostrzegawcza" in polish) placed before SBL signals.

Antworten