New Site, Zusi Review Posted & Some Questions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
New Site, Zusi Review Posted & Some Questions

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

After a two year absence I have once again decided to put up a "proper" train sim website.

http://www.transportsim.co.uk

Already got the Zusi 2.x review posted:
http://www.transportsim.co.uk/zusi2x.html

As things have moved on a bit in the software world one issue I would appreciate clarification on is Zusi 2.x compatibility with Vista, so I can include that in the review.

I know a while back one was not expected to enquire too closely about progress on Zusi 3, how is this actually coming along? I would like to add a short preview to my new site so any information available would be useful.

Finally (for now) I've just invested in a copy of 3D Canvas to produce third party objects. Is there a plug in for Zusi? If not, are there any plans to offer one?

Thanks, Vern.

Christian Gründler

Re: New Site, Zusi Review Posted & Some Questions

#2 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Vern,

it is really nice that you are back :) - a very warm welcome again!
I would appreciate clarification on is Zusi 2.x compatibility with Vista, so I can include that in the review.
AFAIK it works, but I'm sure that other people will tell you of their experience. (I still use XP.)
I know a while back one was not expected to enquire too closely about progress on Zusi
A preview can be found under http://www.zusi.de/zusi3/zusi3.htm (only in German).

For people who have begun to build objects (signals, houses, etc.) for Zusi 3, there is a viewer available which shows these objects just as they will be shown in Zusi 3 and allows you to save them in Zusi 3 object file format (.ls3).

But Carsten still refuses to announce any deadline for the release of the main programme.

I think you should not write more than a short sentence about Zusi 3 on your website: the more people know, the more impatient they get. A couple of days ago we had a quite bizarre discussion in the German part of the Forum, because one member was not willing to accept Carsten's decision.
Finally (for now) I've just invested in a copy of 3D Canvas to produce third party objects. Is there a plug in for Zusi? If not, are there any plans to offer one?
No plugin, but Zusi 3 - and this applies to the already available viewer, too - can import .x-files; standard for the textures is DXT1 or DXT3. Therefore it doesn't matter which programmes you use for creating you objects: if they are able to export the mentioned file formats, Zusi 3 can handle them. (And if they can't, I'm sure that Carsten will find a solution, too.)

Kind Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 16.09.2007 11:35:33, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#3 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Zusi 2 is compatible with Vista. The only problem can be the fact, that Zusi stores the data-files in the Zusi-directory. Vista usually has restricted permissions in the "program files"-directory. So you have to give your Zusi-directory "normal" permissions for writing und deleting files.

Carsten

Vern
#4 Beitrag von Vern »

I'm still running XP, at least until MSTS2 comes out, so it was just an enquiry so I can make the review as accurate as possible.

Will heed the advice re Zusi 3, a link and short overview for now. I'm sure though it will be very impressive once finally released.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#5 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Vern,

welcome back, haven't heard from you in a while.
Regarding the useage of 3DCanvas, I've used it to create the majority of UK signals and some rolling stock. You can export Microsoft x-file format that is used in Zusi3.

Cheers, Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Rbnqss

#6 Beitrag von Rbnqss »

No rush with Zusi 3 :) It is better to get bugfree, fully working version rather than not finished product with bug's etc. I really like Zusi 2 too, it is most realistic train simulator so far. Now questions: What features is new in Zusi 3? (now i dont mean improved graphics, that i already know). Is there support to shunting work orfully 3D cabs in locomotives? And hows the "towercab - locomotives, are both "drivetables" avaiable to use so that we can switch direction or cab in bigger locootives and most electric locomotive sthat has cabs on both end of them? and no, i am not asking release dates, i can wait this :))

And what comes to topic, you shoud wite there longer review of Zusi 2 :) and put links to good english hel sites too :))
Zuletzt geändert von Rbnqss am 19.09.2007 10:25:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#7 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Hi Rbnqss,

I think Carsten will first try to get again to the functional stage of Zusi2 before implementing new features. Anyway he has already shown some new features in Brauschweig on the last meeting, e.g. Animations on rods ...

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Rbnqss

#8 Beitrag von Rbnqss »

Bice :) One thing i coud join is sounds when other train passes ypu and track joint sounds, when tracks are not welded. In Zusi2 is very enjoyable sounds too but there isfew things i hope to hear future releases.

Antworten