ZusiSound

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Jason-M

ZusiSound

#1 Beitrag von Jason-M »

What is ZusiSound?
--
Jason M

Arie van Zon
#2 Beitrag von Arie van Zon »

Zusisound is an external program, linked via Zusiserver to Zusi. With Zusisound, the driving sound can be more specific than with Zusi's internal sound generator.

Arie

Andreas Karg
#3 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

I, as the programmer, prefer the term "Soundthesizer" for the software. :) Well, Arie already wrote what's essential about my program. I'm currently working on changing the way it accesses DirectX so that I can implement new features that would allow more realistic diesel soundsets.

Currently you can build very realistic soundsets for control cars and electric locos, given you have good recordings, a capable audio editing software and the skill to make use of it.

By now, there are soundsets for the DB-class 420 (experimental, bad sample quality) and 423 EMUs, both by myself, a soundset for the Bybdzf "Halberstädter" control car in Beta stage by Marcel Zehl and one experimental set for the 612 DMU by Jens Haupert.

If you're interested, I can at least translate the docu into english, so that all the non-german people out there can experiment with the Zusi-Soundthesizer.

Jason-M

#4 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the reply Arie and AndiK.

AndiK, I would be interested in reading the information about it, if you have time to translate the docu that would be great :]
--
Jason M

Jason-M

#5 Beitrag von Jason-M »

I downloaded the Zusi-Soundthesizer and put it in my Zusi folder, what do I have to do next to hear the sound with the 423 or 612?

Thanks in advance.
--
Jason M

Andreas Karg
#6 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

You also need the TCP-Server by Daniel Schuhmann (You probably already know that one...)

Start server and Soundthesizer.
Load ("Soundset laden") your sound scheme into the Soundthesizer.
Enable the server.
Connect the Soundthesizer ("Verbinden").
Start Zusi and connect it to the server.
As soon as the simulation starts, the Soundthesizer's "Start" button gets enabled. Push it and voilà, the world explodes.
Maybe. If it doesn't, then you might be at least lucky and get some fancy humming sounds when driving your train. :-)

BTW: Sorry, I totally missed your request for the docu. I'll see what I can do. :-)

Jason-M

#7 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the reply Andreas.
I have got it working, question is when I downloaded the Soundthesizer do I need to put any of the folders, files in different places or leave them in the Soundthesizer folder? also why does it connect to a server?

If you get chance to that doc that would be great.

Regards
Zuletzt geändert von Jason-M am 17.11.2007 17:25:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
--
Jason M

Max Senft
Administrator
Aktuelle Projekte: Dies und das
#8 Beitrag von Max Senft »

Hi,

Zusi sends many information about the current status of your jurney over TCP through this server program to any connected other client. Such a client is for example the Soundthesizer.

Zusi sends out data like current speed or current position ("km"-value) and so on.

Regards
Max
Administrator, Programmierer, Ansprechpartner bei Problemen mit dem Board

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#9 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The Server should normally be Zusi's job. But since a server is more difficult in Zusi2 Zusi is a client only and Daniel developed a seperate server.
In Zusi3 the server-function is integrated in Zusi so the handling of tools will be easier in Zusi3.

carsten

Jason-M

#10 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the answers.

How do I hear these better sounds in Zusi, do I have to set up a train that uses these sounds(423,612etc)?
I drove a 612 on the main weser bahn route but the sounds sounded the same.
--
Jason M

Andreas Karg
#11 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Special .lok files are included with the packages. They're stripped of their normal sounds. You can either rename them and overwrite the original files or put them in the same folder as the originals and set up your trains accordingly.
You should then notice a significant difference between the original, the changed file without and the changed file with active Soundthesizer. :-D

If it sounds dull and boring, something's wrong with the Soundthesizer. (Did you press the start button?)
Zuletzt geändert von Andreas Karg am 17.11.2007 22:43:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#12 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks Andreas I think I got it working, the train sounds are good.

Just one more question, should I copy the sounds that came in the zip into the loks sound folder or leave them in the soundthesizer folder?

Regards
--
Jason M

Andreas Karg
#13 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Just leave them where they are. The Soundthesizer only looks for them there.

Jason-M

#14 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks once again Andreas, I thought that was the answer as I had the sound working ok.
--
Jason M

Andreas Karg
#15 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Good news, everyone!

I've translated the Soundthesizer manual.
Get it here while it's hot! :-D

Criticism and questions are welcome!

Francesco L.
Re: ZusiSound

#16 Beitrag von Francesco L. »

Ciao!

I'd like to use Soundthesizer for Zusi and I've searched around the forum some info.
I read that both TCP-Server and Soundthesizer are required.

Unfortunately, the link for download of TCP-Server seems to be offline and I can't find the program. :(

Supposing that I can find it (where?), how should I use this program and "connect" it with Zusi and Soundthesizer?
Isn't there any detailed guide, step by step (even in Deutsch)?
I'd like to know what to do before installing anything... because I'm afraid I do irrecoverable damages... :O

Thank you.
Dankeschön! :schaffner

Mr. X

#17 Beitrag von Mr. X »

Isn't the TCP server on the zusi CD?

Francesco L.

#18 Beitrag von Francesco L. »

Oh yes, you're right!
Thank you and sorry...

I installed TCP-Server and read its instructions.
Later I'll try to install Soundthesizer.
Andreas Karg hat geschrieben:Special .lok files are included with the packages. They're stripped of their normal sounds. You can either rename them and overwrite the original files or put them in the same folder as the originals and set up your trains accordingly.
Which is the best option in your opinion?

I can't wait to hear music from the Taurus!!!

Dennis Bork

#19 Beitrag von Dennis Bork »

Francesco L. hat geschrieben: I installed TCP-Server and read its instructions.
Ciao Francesco, did you install the latest version (1.4) of TCP Server? This might not be required by Soundthesizer but using v1.3 could lead to problems with either version of ZusiDisplay. You can find v1.4 of TCP Server on the ZusiDisplay website: http://www.zusidisplay.de/files/TCP-Server-1.4.zip" target="_blank

Andreas Karg

#20 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

As far as I remember, the soundthesizer packages now downloadable from the Zusi homepage overwrite the original files, which is what I've done myself as well. You might want to make a backup anyway just in case the new sounds suck. :-D

Antworten