TransDEM in English

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Roland Ziegler
TransDEM in English

#1 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

TransDEM version 1.1 has been released today and is now also available in English.

I would like to thank Steven Graham again, who took over the job of proofreading the English documentation.

On my download page - you will surely be able to navigate there, even with English guidance still missing on my web-site - you will find an update explictly marked "English". This update expects current (German) version 1.0.0.1 as its base.

Essentially there is no difference between the English and the German version. The .exe file is the same. The German version has an additional DLL for the German user interface. The documentation is different. The pdf files are quite large, so I created two separate packages.

What's new in 1.1?
  • Further simplification of georeferencing tasks, particularly for web-server maps:
  • Reusable clipping masks. Assign a name to them and re-apply them with a short-cut.
  • "Intelligent" georeferencing dialogue. It remembers reference coordinates of last map and uses them as a pre-set for the next map. For some web-server maps this reduces the number of required reference points to one per map.
  • Support for web-server maps with geographic reference coordinates (Canada, Australia).
  • New shorter short-cuts (;)) for georeferencing functions (required me to change other short-custs as well).
  • Function for horizontal shifting of a DEM. Use with care.
  • Irish Grid.
  • Direct support for high-res Canadian DEMs of type CDED.

Antworten